Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 08:00:33 PM
You do what ya can. In fairness to Colm's schedule he puts in the hours.

Here's some games that need to be covered...

All your underage, hurling football
Regional games both codes
Senior grades both codes
School
Colleges
Ladies
Camogie
Inter county

You could literally be out every night of the week.

I'd a lad give off during a game giving off about a decision,  saying he's training all year, WTF am I doing all year?

Like I say every year, the course generally starts in January, the more ex players, keen GAA heads or armchair experts are all welcomed

You must be making a fortune

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2021, 08:02:45 PM

Senior grades both codes
School
Colleges
Ladies
Camogie
Inter county

I'd a lad give off during a game giving off about a decision,  saying he's training all year, WTF am I doing all year?

Like I say every year, the course generally starts in January, the more ex players, keen GAA heads or armchair experts are all welcomed

Non paying role, just expenses  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BealnaBlath

Senior grades both codes
School
Colleges
Ladies
Camogie
Inter county

I understand the commitment required for officials don't worry and wasn't having a go.
The thought process is that if we have more dual refs then it allows for more time off maybe? Not relying on the same lads for same fixtures over and over. Only point being made here and nothing else more. I have serious respect for all officials and always defend them. The easy target at all times

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2021, 08:02:45 PM

Senior grades both codes
School
Colleges
Ladies
Camogie
Inter county

Non paying role, just expenses  ::)

Tasty enough mileage rate. Hope you're not claiming mileage the days that you're car sharing to games?

Milltown Row2

Covid, so no car sharing, personally I feel the umpires should get some expenses also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 08:42:28 PM
Covid, so no car sharing, personally I feel the umpires should get some expenses also

That would only be fair. Volunteers in the game are few and fair between these days.

What way did u20 competition get sorted then? We had loads of games called off with teams not able to field.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2021, 08:46:59 PM

That would only be fair. Volunteers in the game are few and fair between these days.

What way did u20 competition get sorted then? We had loads of games called off with teams not able to field.

Final next week. Top of groups through to final?? We'd games cancelled also

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 09:00:23 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 21, 2021, 08:46:59 PM

Final next week. Top of groups through to final?? We'd games cancelled also

Aghagallon, according to the results on website played two and won two..
They must have made concession(s)??

antrimman667

In terms of that Glenravel u20 outfit I believe they only have 1 from another club. They need to push on. In terms of refs absolutely. Correct. Stand out this year is ray matthews as I have seen him go all four codes this year. Great servant to the refereeing community in Antrim

Milltown Row2

How did Glenravel do at minor level with this squad?

Flanker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 21, 2021, 11:12:01 PM
Beat by StBridgids after ET I think.
Won u14 & u16 sw A with that age group
Had a few LG  & Glen's lads most have now dropped out to focus on small ball

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Flanker on November 21, 2021, 11:40:45 PM

So no mugs, they have developed well then, I haven't seen them in fairness, Cargin, st Brid's  were the stand out teams back then. Tir na Og were pretty decent this year also, but the Con's won well in that game.

Not sure how we'll fair. But bonus territory 

Saffsof82

Strong enough Glenravel team, the 2 Hynds brothers at midfield are formidable.

geezer

I see that murray has stepped away from st marys. Must be favorite to take LD id say.

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 22, 2021, 12:00:37 AM
Quote from: Flanker on November 21, 2021, 11:40:45 PM

So no mugs, they have developed well then, I haven't seen them in fairness, Cargin, st Brid's  were the stand out teams back then. Tir na Og were pretty decent this year also, but the Con's won well in that game.

Not sure how we'll fair. But bonus territory
Bonus territory! that's a good one. All we've been reading about in the media is this great St Galls U20 squad. 2-3 articles in the Saffron Gael as well as comments by St Galls senior manager. Fair play to the 2 teams getting to the final but the competition itself and the format have been a farce. Hopefully lessons learned for 2022.