Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 04, 2021, 09:18:39 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on November 04, 2021, 08:55:33 PM
Rich coming from me but too much ref chat on here!!
That's probably because there's 5 or 6 serving referees who constantly post on here

I'm on here as a ref, I know one more, who are the other serving refs?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

erinsboy

Creggan have the experience of playing in recent finals and the hurt of losing another will really drive them on,they have quality , physicality and pace all over the pitch with a decent bench to back it up.Aghagallon have a spread of good players also but probably not enough all over the pitch to get the match-ups balanced and I expect Creggan to boss the middle third so Aghagallon will need to be really good at the back to keep in the game as long as possible ,if they are still in the game with 10 to go this game could go anyway,but Kickhams are favourites for a reason and it's really theirs to loss .Best of luck to both and I hope it's a good open game

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 04, 2021, 09:20:38 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on November 04, 2021, 09:18:39 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on November 04, 2021, 08:55:33 PM
Rich coming from me but too much ref chat on here!!
That's probably because there's 5 or 6 serving referees who constantly post on here

I'm on here as a ref, I know one more, who are the other serving refs?
Not my fault you can't work it out

rogercasement

I give Aghagallon a chance but if given a free bet I'd go Creggan.

stiffler

The odds are about right, Creggan 1/3 aghagallon 2/1.

Would take an off day for Creggan to lose, the experience of losing a few finals will be enough motivation to prevent them dropping their guard.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

geezer

Think the game will be tight but creggan to edge it by a few. Creggan the more powerful team but aghagallon might have the better forwards on the day given that quinn and small are missing. Will be an interesting contest and may come down to who can start the 1st 10/15 minutes the best. Creggan could blow them out of the water but equally walsh and loughran could run absolute riot.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 04, 2021, 09:59:00 AM
Been a while since I made comment on this board but like more than a few others I await explanation from .
MR2 as to the 'mistakes be made during that game I  question.
Without doubt Cargin did under perform on Sunday but the stats for the second thirty minutes do tell a tale.
Cargin  were awarded a huge 4 frees in that period, Creggan got 16.......to include several eye raising decisions which caused the linesman to shake his head.

So did any one watch the game back and notice that there was just 4 frees awarded to Cargin in the second half?  As someone who writes up reports on these games I'd be very mindful of your stat taking and match reports going forward ;)

I've listed them here CB, One questionable free, I'll give you that, it had no bearing on a game that Cargin only scored 2 points in the second half, of which they were awarded two 14 yard frees, one of those free's Creggan felt was very soft at the time. I'm happy to discuss it on private messages with you.

I would look elsewhere as to why Cargin didn't get over the line, being five points up on a couple of occasions in the first half. Steamrolling us in the quarterfinal gave you no preparation for Creggan,  and even with the jittery start for Creggan, they managed to get a foothold in the game and their momentum was winning the breaks and taking the scores.

Over the course of the game it was a fair result, on Gerard's hit I'll take that, possibly could have held off the whistle for a second or two more.

Cargin will be back again next year that's for sure, The Johnnies beat them one year and Cargin won 3 on the trot, so don't poke the bear too much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffronaldo

All I'll say is that myself and 4 or 5 other neutrals(from different clubs) watched the match together and all agreed there were a number of highly questionable decisions which all favoured Creggan.

The shoulder

A strange call for either overcarrying or charging (hard to know what it was for) on a Cargin player in the 2nd half while he had three men clearly fouling him.

A blind eye turned to obvious handling the ball on the ground in the lead up to Creggan's final score(again video evidence is clear on this infringement)

Multiple occasions where the whistle blew for a Creggan free upon some coming together immediately, yet at the other end play rumbled on for a long time before a free was belatedly given, or sometimes not given. There seemed to be a distinct difference in the speed of the whistle depending on which team had the ball.

Anyway, let's hope the final isn't spoiled by officiating, looking forward to a good game.

EOC1923

As above for me, I agree with all that..

We have to draw a line under it and move on, on a final note I called MR2 out to explain things only as I know he is on here. Wouldn't be satisfied with any of explanations. What we scored or missed is irrelevant by the way. Foul counts are also irrelevant. Its the big calls at the big times that decide games.

On a final note just looked through Tyrone and Cavan threads there and I cant see Martin Hurson or Joe McQuillan on there anywhere explaining their decisions or giving a summary on how one team won or lost the game. Ridiculous what goes on here

Milltown Row2

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2021, 01:40:22 PM

We have to draw a line under it and move on, on a final note I called MR2 out to explain things only as I know he is on here. Wouldn't be satisfied with any of explanations. What we scored or missed is irrelevant by the way. Foul counts are also irrelevant. Its the big calls at the big times that decide games.

On a final note just looked through Tyrone and Cavan threads there and I cant see Martin Hurson or Joe McQuillan on there anywhere explaining their decisions or giving a summary on how one team won or lost the game. Ridiculous what goes on here

You can't have it both ways, ones we're asking why the calls were given, I'm not hiding either. My officiating didn't lose the game, if you believe that then fine. I've no axe to grind, it suits though others to find other reasons for losing. I can't think of any tbf.

themac_23

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 05, 2021, 01:40:22 PM

so to summarise you called MR2 out to explain decisions, when he did you weren't happy with his answers. you then criticise him for trying to give a honest opinion on things by saying other referees dont do it? cant really have it both ways can you?

Fair play for him for not ducking it, referees make mistakes, do you hammer all players for making mistakes in the game, maybe giving away a few cheap fouls or stray passes that lead to scores? ive seen far far more games turn on player mistakes than referees, yet its always the referee getting the crap after. Easier to criticise someone outside the team/ club than looking to those in the circle.

quit yo jibbajabba

Man calls for explanation on decisions
Man gets explanation on decisions
Man doesnt agree with them
Man states its ridiculous what goes on in here

Another man scratches his head

geezer

People not asking for mr2 to explain his decisions and now your complaining when he does it? Lol

I for one think it's refreshing to see the referees perspective, usually can never get a word out of the refs. He even admitted that a call or 2 he made may have been wrong so fair play to him.

GiveItToTheShooters

Jesus Christ the night ;D
Totally agree geezer and QYJ

quit yo jibbajabba

Ive had a few friendly digs with MR2 over the years but hes the balls to come on and try to justify his decisions

Too much talk about refs - its because youve one on here and yis are at him steady for his view even when hes not involved never mind when he is. Einstein wouldnt be in it

Anyway, feel a bit dirty now as hes nahin but a heure 😃