Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Cargin v St.Galls - Cargin with a lot to spare.
Creggan v St.Johns - Creggan comfortably.
Aghagallon - St.Brigid's - Aghagallon comfortably.
Lamh Dearg v Portglenone - LD making a lot of their injuries which is nonsense, their key men are all fit. I think this is the game of the round and if McAleese is back I expect PG1 to shade it.

Venues are Dunsilly and St.Endas I hear. Not sure if they're fixed yet though.

Caesar

Cargin v St.Galls - Cargin comfortably.

Creggan v St.Johns - Creggan comfortably.

Aghagallon - St. Brigid's - Potential to be a great game. Fancy St. Brigid's to shade it but could go either way.

Lamh Dhearg v Portglenone - Potential to be another great game. LD will be favourites due to the amount of men they have on the county panel this year, but PG1 have shown in recent years they are a hard team for anyone to beat in the KO stages. PG1 will be missing McAleese and McKeever so I expect LD to get the job done.

Dunsilly King

Casements haven't a snowballs chance of winning against LD without those two, their spiritual leaders.

bannside

No doubt DK. I think the Casements players are seriously thinking of conceding the game, those two definitely will not be available. Is there a penalty I wonder for pulling out?

rogercasement

In fact I heard Casements have asked to be demoted to junior next year as they don't feel they have enough coming through, time will tell.

paddyjohn

Quote from: rogercasement on October 07, 2021, 09:46:13 PM
In fact I heard Casements have asked to be demoted to junior next year as they don't feel they have enough coming through, time will tell.

They couldn't do that, some teams that aren't good enough to win junior will have them up before the county board.

quit yo jibbajabba

The wagons have been circled. The Portglenone boys will have the Gaaboard printed out and stuck up on the dressing room wall come matchday 😃

BealnaBlath

Some nonsense spouted on here about PG1 and obvs the naturally angry response from PG members.

With or without those two players, it will be very tight.. A proud club and a fantastically talented spirited team will stand up and be counted against Hannahstown as they have proved before over the years.

Although important not to get worked up one persons comment, plenty on here still tipping them to win. Beauty of opinions. FWIW

Cargin v St Galls- all pressure on Cargin and expect them to show why they'll be 4 in a row champs with a 6 point win

Aghagallon v Brides- Aghagallon by 2, have 2 much in the forward line with aggression and physicality to match.

Hannahstown v PG1 - I expect LD to wilt under pressure of expectation of winning against a "weakened"  PG1 team who will have 2 much pace and spirit to win by 1 or 2.

Creggan v Johnnies - could be feisty, 2 big physical teams . Creggan by 4. Better coached and disciplined compared to the West Belfast men.

Rodger Mona

My pennies worth;

Carging by 8
St.Johns after extra time
LD after extra time
Aghaghallon by 4

imtommygunn

Am I reading this wrong. One person slated PG! and plenty of other people predict they will win lol

Dunsilly King

Thats about it. What I said was they haven't a snowballs chance of beating LD without McAleese and McKeever playing. They can cope with one of them missing, but not both. It not really a bold prediction, was it?

Calm Down

I would go as far as to say McKeever not being on will be an advantage to PG1, he is a distraction which everything must be planned around and you know what flatters to deceive!! Build the team around the likes of young Scotchy and not McKeever

rogercasement

Only having a laugh! Honestly if anyone has seen any of our championship games, (with the exception of first St Brigid's game) they would be predicting Lamh Dherg all day long. I will be going in hope not expectation.

Tyrdub

Quote from: rogercasement on October 08, 2021, 02:28:45 PM
Only having a laugh! Honestly if anyone has seen any of our championship games, (with the exception of first St Brigid's game) they would be predicting Lamh Dherg all day long. I will be going in hope not expectation.

Do I smell a touch of Cute Hoorism here?

whatwillbwillb

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 08, 2021, 02:47:21 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on October 08, 2021, 02:28:45 PM

Do I smell a touch of Cute Hoorism here?

None cuter than yourself Tyrdub, good to see you back after such a long absence  ;)