Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The stig

I wonder if ballycastle broke any underage rules this year? Heard they had an u11 playing u15

Lord Antrim

Quote from: The stig on November 03, 2021, 03:18:06 PM
I wonder if ballycastle broke any underage rules this year? Heard they had an u11 playing u15
Hadn't heard about that one but if it is true then two wrongs don't make a right👍
Any idea of who the U11 player is for BC ?
Jack McC is the player for Lgiel who was / is ineligible for their U20s
I would expect CCC to implement the rules and sanction Ballycastle U15 manager and club accordingly.
Should be very easy to check as all players are registered with DOB and team sheets submitted etc.

Will await the decision with baited breathe from CCC

Tyrdub

Quote from: Lord Antrim on November 03, 2021, 03:43:23 PM
Hadn't heard about that one but if it is true then two wrongs don't make a right👍
I would expect CCC to implement the rules and sanction Ballycastle U15 manager and club accordingly.
Should be very easy to check as all players are registered with DOB and team sheets submitted etc.

This takes the bloody biscuit.

Over on the football everyone (mostly) is commending PG1 for taking a pragmatic approach and not appealing a cockup not of their doing, which ultimately puts them out of a fb final. Yet here we have 2 children whinging over an U16 player beating an U20 team in a final. FFS catch a bloody grip

johnnycool

Quote from: Tyrdub on November 03, 2021, 04:09:46 PM

Over on the football everyone (mostly) is commending PG1 for taking a pragmatic approach and not appealing a cockup not of their doing, which ultimately puts them out of a fb final. Yet here we have 2 children whinging over an U16 player beating an U20 team in a final. FFS catch a bloody grip

Bloody right tyrdub, don't bother with any rules at all.

Next year Liam Watson will be lining out with the U15's... Fuckem.

Tyrdub

Quote from: johnnycool on November 03, 2021, 04:17:38 PM

Bloody right tyrdub, don't bother with any rules at all.

Next year Liam Watson will be lining out with the U15's... Fuckem.

PMSL

same boy would try it

Lord Antrim

The football scenario is different as both teams played by the same rule ( whether that was right or wrong was what was being questioned)
Here one team broke the age grading rules ( in U20s for Lgiel and possibly in U15s for BC) so a lot  different from the PG issue.
Those age boundaries are there to protect children and are there for a reason.
Wouldn't have been a laughing matter if this young boy in question who was 15 at the start of the year had been injured by a 20 year old man.

CCC need to step up and action this or next years underage tournaments will be carnage
Maybe Ulster need to ensure Antrim maintain the rules ?

Young Saffron

I'm hearing now too that dunloy also played an underage player against Ballycastle and Loughgiel

Rian

Quote from: Lord Antrim on November 03, 2021, 04:53:47 PM

The football scenario is different as both teams played by the same rule ( whether that was right or wrong was what was being questioned)
Here one team broke the age grading rules ( in U20s for Lgiel and possibly in U15s for BC) so a lot  different from the PG issue.
Wouldn't have been a laughing matter if this young boy in question who was 15 at the start of the year had been injured by a 20 year old man.

CCC need to step up and action this or next years underage tournaments will be carnage

Funny enough you weren't as concerned for Conail elliots health when bc played dunloy in the group stages , he is also u16 but I'm guessing since yous won it's not a big deal

Lord Antrim

Quote from: Rian on November 03, 2021, 06:19:27 PM

Funny enough you weren't as concerned for Conail elliots health when bc played dunloy in the group stages , he is also u16 but I'm guessing since yous won it's not a big deal
Again many wrongs don't make a right - just because Dunloy did doesn't make Lgeil and or BC right in doing so either .

Looks like a lot of clubs , managers , secretaries and possibly chairs will be in trouble with Antrim CCC and receiving bans
You would also have to question what checks Antrim have in place to ensure the integrity of their  underage games.
Ulster will be all over this now :-)
They post often about player welfare but it is appearing to be only lip service

Rian

Quote from: Lord Antrim on November 03, 2021, 06:26:57 PM

Again many wrongs don't make a right - just because Dunloy did doesn't make Lgeil and or BC right in doing so either .

Looks like a lot of clubs , managers , secretaries and possibly chairs will be in trouble with Antrim CCC and receiving bans
You would also have to question what checks Antrim have in place to ensure the integrity of their  underage games.

My point is that u don't care about anyone health and safety , all you care about here is LG losing the u20 , don't try bs by saying anything else atleast be able to say that your only concern is us getting thrown out , I'm sure if you wanted to dive deep enough over the past 5 years you could disqualify about 30 teams

paddyjohn

Ballycastle awarded the Championship?

Lord Antrim

Quote from: Rian on November 03, 2021, 06:38:48 PM
Quote from: Lord Antrim on November 03, 2021, 06:26:57 PM

My point is that u don't care about anyone health and safety , all you care about here is LG losing the u20 , don't try bs by saying anything else atleast be able to say that your only concern is us getting thrown out , I'm sure if you wanted to dive deep enough over the past 5 years you could disqualify about 30 teams
Rian only aware of your club  breaking of the rules by playing Jack as it was discussed on the hill at the side of the pitch in Armoy, with regard to Conail or the so far anonymous U11 BC player I wasn't aware  until others kindly and rightly highlighted other breaches on this forum.
You and your club knew that they had broken the rules before , during and after the game and so only have themselves to blame and if that means you are thrown out so be it.
You would be extremely naive in your thinking if you thought that this was not going to be highlighted.

If  BC (my club) broke the rules for U15 they should be sanctioned accordingly

The stig

No 2 wrongs definitely don't make a rite and if LG have made a mistake/broke rules they should be punished accordingly but that is not the reason bc lost I was at game and their shooting was terrible it would be a better use of time practicing it and they would've had LG beat handy enough
I also heard that bc sounded out their complaint to a couple of respected administrators at other north Antrim clubs to guage opinion and I think they told they were beat fair and square and to raise a complaint about a child beating them was rather petty

Tony Baloney

Seem to be a lot of new users joined in the last few days  ;)

Lads, joining to cause trouble or feuding will result in an early bath, despite the high entertainment value!

Lord Antrim

Quote from: The stig on November 03, 2021, 09:12:47 PM
No 2 wrongs definitely don't make a rite and if LG have made a mistake/broke rules they should be punished accordingly but that is not the reason bc lost I was at game and their shooting was terrible it would be a better use of time practicing it and they would've had LG beat handy enough
I also heard that bc sounded out their complaint to a couple of respected administrators at other north Antrim clubs to guage opinion and I think they told they were beat fair and square and to raise a complaint about a child beating them was rather petty
The Stig - I agree BC will need to improve their shooting , I believe 14 wides compared to LG 8 so if these had been converted it would have been a level game .
With regard to the complaint I don't believe the onus should be on BC to raise one  as it should the responsibility of Antrim CCC  to ensure the integrity of their competitions but who knows with our county board .
Oversight will be provide by Ulster and Croker if required and it wouldn't be the first time either.

As for the child , and that is what he is , I would be asking if I was an LG sub why would they be putting an ineligible player on in front of me if they 'Believed' in their players

Only an opinion and that is what this board is for and it is good to debate .

I will reiterate again should any other club ,including my own , have broken the rules by fielding ineligible players they should be sanctioned