10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Sad news , go ndéanfaidh Dia trócaire air

Silver hill

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 01, 2022, 07:56:03 PM
Tyronie buttin' in here to ask a question - how does the Recreational Reserve football league work in Derry? For example, who's eligible or not eligible to play, are teams smaller than 15, is there less game time etc. I tried looking for details on the county website but info there is few & far between on many things let alone on this competition?

Seeing as you asked so nicely!
Generally played on a Friday night. They try to make it 15 a side but common sense prevails if either team are short. Anyone not registered as a senior or reserve is eligible I think.

toby47

Quote from: Silver hill on August 01, 2022, 09:56:00 PM
Tyronie buttin' in here to ask a question - how does the Recreational Reserve football league work in Derry? For example, who's eligible or not eligible to play, are teams smaller than 15, is there less game time etc. I tried looking for details on the county website but info there is few & far between on many things let alone on this competition?

Generally played on a Friday night. They try to make it 15 a side but common sense prevails if either team are short. Anyone not registered as a senior or reserve is eligible I think.

Anyone can play in the league I think, I think the only stipulation is that come championship - anyone who has played a minute of senior or reserve football is unable to play recreational reserves.

Full rules apply eg 15 a side, 30 mins each half etc. However as Silverhill says if a team is short it can be agreed to play 13 or 14 a side. And also as a lot of the teams don't train the referee's can allow teams to have water breaks etc if they wish.

Fr. Cyril McDuff

Quote from: toby47 on August 02, 2022, 01:11:07 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on August 01, 2022, 09:56:00 PM

Anyone can play in the league I think, I think the only stipulation is that come championship - anyone who has played a minute of senior or reserve football is unable to play recreational reserves.

Full rules apply eg 15 a side, 30 mins each half etc. However as Silverhill says if a team is short it can be agreed to play 13 or 14 a side. And also as a lot of the teams don't train the referee's can allow teams to have water breaks etc if they wish.

Each club has to submit a list of 30ish senior/reserve players at the start of the season, anybody on this list is ineligible for rec ressies. Aside from that lads can move between 3rds/reserves during the league as needed. Think there are 16 teams entered, there's a championship in it starting soon too. There's been a few concessions here and there but generally seems to run smoothly.

oakleaflad

Mostly 3rds (or 4ths) from some senior clubs. 4 reserve teams from the junior clubs that can field and Ogra Colmcilles senior team who reformed this year made up the league. Ogra Colmcille are playing in the Junior Championship though despite playing in this league. Really good for keeping men involved, enjoyable and can be some good football played too from the games i've seen.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 02, 2022, 04:07:28 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on August 02, 2022, 02:07:07 PM
Mostly 3rds (or 4ths) from some senior clubs. 4 reserve teams from the junior clubs that can field and Ogra Colmcilles senior team who reformed this year made up the league. Ogra Colmcille are playing in the Junior Championship though despite playing in this league. Really good for keeping men involved, enjoyable and can be some good football played too from the games i've seen.

Is it the same with Doire Colmcille too? Entered the JFC but don't see them in the Junior football league?

Thanks everyone for the info.
Doire Colmcille were in the Junior league. Finished 9th of 11 teams. I'm honestly not sure if they played their reserves or a mix of seniors in the Recreational League, don't think they'd have had a reserve team historically but an opportunity to give men a run out. Recreational would be fairly light hearted stuff for the most part whilst still being relatively competitive, not too many big beatings handed out. 

general_lee

Silver hill

Quote from: general_lee on August 04, 2022, 10:26:43 AM
tr**p

Good man. Strong objective viewpoint to the fore there. Should you not be out getting you protractor and shiny new pencil case ready for getting back to school?

God14

Quote from: Silver hill on August 04, 2022, 11:36:08 AM
Quote from: general_lee on August 04, 2022, 10:26:43 AM
tr**p

Good man. Strong objective viewpoint to the fore there. Should you not be out getting you protractor and shiny new pencil case ready for getting back to school?

Pretty sure that repeatedly kicking a man lying on the ground is a trampish thing to do.
No sympathy for him. He's left a man with life changing injuries. A Passer by. FFS

Cavan19

Quote from: clarshack on August 04, 2022, 11:08:07 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 04, 2022, 07:58:21 AM
https://www.suffolkdistrictattorney.com/press-releases/items/2022/8/3/man-arraigned-in-june-assault-that-left-victim-in-icu

if convicted what sort of punishment could he expect to get over there?

In Massachusetts, underMGL c. 265 s. 13A, assault and battery that causes serious bodily injury is a felony that carries up to 5 years in state prison and $5,000 fine.

In order to be found guilty of this charge, the prosecution must prove that the injury in question falls into one of the following categories:

Results in permanent disfigurement
Results in loss or impairment of a bodily function, limb, or organ
Results in substantial risk of death