FAO Doctors/Pharmacists/Chemists

Started by 118cmal, January 19, 2010, 12:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

118cmal

Hi everyone,

This may seem like an entirely random question but here goes.  If someone goes to the doctor and is diagnosed with a condition, and is issued a prescription by the doctor, would the doctor ever know whether or not the patient had actually went to the pharmacy and received the medicine?

Cheers

Fear ón Srath Bán

Trying to double up on the methadone, eh?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

No, not to my knowledge. Why wouldn't want to take the medication?
Testing Accessibility

tyrone girl

Dont think so as i had a thing on my leg one time and had to go get cream for it with prescription. Never did (dont ask). Anyway went back to the doc year later with the same thing and as far as she was concerned i had received and used the first prescription.

tyrone girl

Quote from: ziggysego on January 19, 2010, 12:21:12 PM
No, not to my knowledge. Why wouldn't want to take the medication?

Some of the boyos and laydeees on DLA for depression have no call to use the medication  :o

Orior

I detect a scam being concocted. Please keep us all in the loop.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

118cmal

I'm afraid TG is correct.  An acquaintance (certainly not a friend) has been going to the doctor claiming depression to help him extend the deadlines for coursework and as an excuse for missing class.  I was in his room and saw a number of prescription leaflets for an anti-depressant that he had received from the doctor but obviously never used.  Pisses me off no end!  >:(

So is there really no way the doctor would ever know that he hadn't actually received the drugs from the pharmacy?

I couldn't believe that it would be that easy.

tyrone girl

No idea to be honest. When i didnt lift my prescription it was a one off. Sure if people are gona do that why not just lift the prescription and dont use it. As i said above lots on dla for depression have no call for their meds as there damm all wrong with them so obviously dont use them. Though id imagine they would be lifting the prescription from the chemist

118cmal

Would he not have to pay for the drugs?  Maybe that's why he's not doing it?  Maybe he's just too lazy to go and do it!  either way, he's not lifting them!

Shamrock Shore

A pharmacist may ring a doctor to query a scrip if they think it looks odd but, no, there is no link up between a doctor and a pharmacy to see if the scrip ever gets dispensed.

Dinny Breen

Working on an IT project up North to enable pharmacists to be reimbursed for scripts, I was shocked to learn that everyone gets free prescriptions in the North, needless to say we don't...
#newbridgeornowhere

tyrone girl

What u mean everyone gets free prescriptions? No they dont

118cmal

I went to the doctor with an ear infection last year and had to pay for the subscription???

tyrone girl

They used to be 6.95 they are now 3 quid as far as im aware.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhat u mean everyone gets free prescriptions? No they dont

Apart from the nominal fee, is it not the case that until recently something like 90% of the pop in the north got free scripts soon to be 100%? Open to correction..
#newbridgeornowhere