All Ireland Minor Quarter Final - Tír Eoghain v Ros Comáin

Started by tyrone86, August 04, 2008, 03:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Saturday @ 3.45 in Pearse Park.

Surely the same mistakes can't be made in the teams line out again?

Rossfan

A chance for our ladeens to redeem themselves after throwing away the Connacht Final.
I would only be hopeful at best as with a few exceptions this years team isn't as good as the 06 or 07 crops.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tyrone86

Surely Shane O'Neill must be on the bench in the venue where he arguable produced the greatest 30 minutes of his (to date) short footballing career.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 04, 2008, 07:24:14 PM
Surely Shane O'Neill must be on the bench in the venue where he arguable produced the greatest 30 minutes of his (to date) short footballing career.

Should he not be playing in that case ?

Is Mc Nabb back ?

orangeman

By the way, Longford is a nice central venue for all the teams on Saturday ? Surely Mc Hale Park would have been more central ?  ;)

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on August 04, 2008, 08:42:04 PM

Is Mc Nabb back ?

That would be nice in theory but it's too much to suggest that'll be get starting when he was unable to make the 24 for the last couple of games.

Haven't heard the latest on McNabb yet.

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 04, 2008, 09:35:35 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 04, 2008, 08:42:04 PM

Is Mc Nabb back ?

That would be nice in theory but it's too much to suggest that'll be get starting when he was unable to make the 24 for the last couple of games.

Haven't heard the latest on McNabb yet.

Heard he's in line for a start ! Any word Kiddo ?

sam03/05

why did they not play this game before the Tyrone v Dublin clash at Croker.
firstly it would have helped get the crowd in early which was a problem the last time these teams met and the game was delayed.
secondly I dont think the Roscommon minors would have had many objections to getting to play in what will be a packed Croke Park. (For most of these boys they will never get that chance again).
Instead the game will be played in Longford in front of a couple of thousand fans - if lucky.

id love to know who makes these crazy decisions..

Onlooker

You could have got a worse fixture.  The Meath v. Tipperary quarter final is in Portlaoise next Saturday with the throw in at 12.30 p.m.   The venue is fine, but the throw in time must be somebody's idea of a joke.

Rossfan

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 05, 2008, 07:40:11 PM
firstly it would have helped get the crowd in early which was a problem the last time these teams met and the game was delayed.
secondly I dont think the Roscommon minors would have had many objections to getting to play in what will be a packed Croke Park. (For most of these boys they will never get that chance again).
Instead the game will be played in Longford in front of a couple of thousand fans - if lucky.

1- the games were fixed for weekend 9/10 August
2 - none of the late arriving drinking Dubs would come in for this game
3 - the Ros Minors will have every chance to be playing Meath( and beating them again)in an All Ireland Semi Final
4- stop being so effin patromising to us - if none of ye who discovered football in 2002 go to a Minor game that's not our problem
Decisions made by CCCCCCCCC
So obviously we have ye worried  :D

Na Rosai Abú

Tyrone Dreamer

I think you'll find we discovered football in 2003. Gaelic football in 2002 should never be mentioned.

Rossfan

tyrone86

I'm glad it's this weekend rather than having a weekend to twiddle the thumbs before the Dublin game, and as for Longford as a venue, after the way Granard was so highly recommended, by so many, on this board it will be a privilege to visit this fine town   ;)

Onlooker

Pearse Park in Longford is a very attractive ground and ideal for 2 Minor Quarter Finals.

sam03/05

Quote from: Rossfan on August 05, 2008, 09:05:54 PM

1- the games were fixed for weekend 9/10 August
2 - none of the late arriving drinking Dubs would come in for this game
3 - the Ros Minors will have every chance to be playing Meath( and beating them again)in an All Ireland Semi Final
4- stop being so effin patromising to us - if none of ye who discovered football in 2002 go to a Minor game that's not our problem
Decisions made by CCCCCCCCC
So obviously we have ye worried  :D

Na Rosai Abú

just to answer your points
1- who cares/ games get changed all the time - in fact the tyrone v dub game was meant to be this weekend
2- the dubs might not come in but most tyrone fans will - this was a problem in 05 it wasnt just dub fans who were late - hard to get into the ground when 50,000 people are entering ten minutes before throw in. (But then Ross fans wouldnt know about that as they dont play in big games at Croker)
3- I am sure the Ross minors would enjoy playing as many games at Croker as possible - would be perfect preparation for any semi final (dont bank on it being played at Croke Park either)
4- Think you will find Tyrone had a fair few big games prior to 2003 - 86 final, 95 final, minor finals in 96/97

I dont really mind where the game is played to be honest. I will be at the game regardless. Just feel that this was a lost opportunity to give these young lads a chance to play at Croke Park in front of a massive crowd. Dont think Tyrone would have had any advantage at all. In fact Id say most of the dublin crowd would have been behind Ros. I also dont think that Ros have any advantage playing in Longford. For most of the Tyrone minor team have already had a great victory at that venue.