Quarter Final Draw

Started by tyrone86, August 03, 2008, 05:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronefan

Jesus typical dubs  youes cry until youes a stand alone game and then youes are still not happy

INDIANA

wouldn't hold the back page yet, i think you're going to see a pretty venomous protest from Dublin on this. Its a an absolute disgrace we've been shafted again to fill the coffers of the assoication. hope the county board tell them to fook off, because the squad and management are livid.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 03, 2008, 09:25:48 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 09:19:02 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on August 03, 2008, 09:14:49 PM
QuoteAll-Ireland SFC quarter-final draw:
Saturday, 9 August

ALL MATCHES TO BE PLAYED IN CROKE PARK

Armagh -v- Wexford, 2.00pm

Galway -v- Kerry, 4.00pm

Sunday, 10 August

Cork -v- Kildare, 2.00pm

Saturday, 16 August

Dublin -v- Tyrone, 4.00pm

Good to see the sensible decision being made. Nobody was going to get everything they wanted but this is the best compromise.

Typical Dublin getting f*cked over...

Dry your eyes, a sensible decision was made. If Dublin are so confident of victory what difference does it make if its the 9th or 16th, it will be a 70 minute game involving the same 30 players on the same pitch no matter what. Maybe you's have researched the long term weather forecast and thats whats bothering you's? The fixtures were never set in stone and were merely a guideline. In the past they have been shifted about eg Armagh v Laois in 05. How do teams prepare for qualifiers or replays with 1 weeeks notice?

How are they guidelines???? The Qtr-finals were set out in the Master Planner for the 9th August end of story...and Dublin have been planning to play on that date...so now have a 5 week break between matched which is too long, Tyrone get an extra weeks break and our rest period before the semi-final is cut or if its a draw there is none...

20leg-end08

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 09:35:38 PM
Saturday, 9 August

Galway -v- Kerry, 4.00pm

Sunday, 10 August

Cork -v- Kildare, 2.00pm

Saturday, 16 August

Good to see the sensible decision being made. Nobody was going to get everything they wanted but this is the best compromise.

Dry your eyes, a sensible decision was made. If Dublin are so confident of victory what difference does it make if its the 9th or 16th, it will be a 70 minute game involving the same 30 players on the same pitch no matter what. Maybe you's have researched the long term weather forecast and thats whats bothering you's? The fixtures were never set in stone and were merely a guideline. In the past they have been shifted about eg Armagh v Laois in 05. How do teams prepare for qualifiers or replays with 1 weeeks notice?

How are they guidelines???? The Qtr-finals were set out in the Master Planner for the 9th August end of story...and Dublin have been planning to play on that date...so now have a 5 week break between matched which is too long, Tyrone get an extra weeks break and our rest period before the semi-final is cut or if its a draw there is none...

You's are getting your way with your standalone match - an extra week will hardly make a huge difference if Dublin really think they're the best team in Ireland. You's have a home match in pretty much every championship match that you's play so get over it. If the Dubs are good enough they'l beat Tyrone.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 09:35:38 PM
Saturday, 9 August

Galway -v- Kerry, 4.00pm

Sunday, 10 August

Cork -v- Kildare, 2.00pm

Saturday, 16 August

The Dubs are starting to panic already and are resorting to telling lies to back up their arguements. The Leinster final was on the 20th July, so how does that make it 5 weeks to Saturday the 16th of August  - its not even 4 weeks. Such a bit of moaning about a match being moved by a week. I dont recall any moaning from Armagh or Laois in 05 and think a game may have been moved last year to.

tyronefan

maybe the dubs are coming up with the excuses now so they will have something to blame when they are beat   ; ::) ;D ;D

INDIANA

sick of being used to fund the association. bear that in mind the next time the Gaa hands your club out a few quid. ther eis no advantage now to winning the provinical championship and we'd have been better off being beaten as we've no match practice where as tyrone have benefitted from losing in the provinical stages, what a farce.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyronefan on August 03, 2008, 10:10:41 PM
maybe the dubs are coming up with the excuses now so they will have something to blame when they are beat   ; ::) ;D ;D
Just what I was thinking.

Indiana
Quotebecause the squad and management are livid.
If I was a dub this would set alarm bells ringing - the attitude in the camp should be "bring them on" and not "oh god they've another week, and our plans are ruined, they'll beat us now".
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrone Dreamer

Yeah clubs and up and down the country would fold without the Dubs keeping them afloat. Dublin are the GAA.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on August 03, 2008, 10:14:47 PM
Yeah clubs and up and down the country would fold without the Dubs keeping them afloat. Dublin are the GAA.
They have to be taking the piss - how long have they been crying now for a stand alone fixture and now when they get it they're still not happy. 
I was pretty sure Dublin would be the team to beat before today but if these type of things are unsettling them then they can forget it.

INDIANA

well its true mate the economics don't lie. for the record pints we've no fear of Tyrone, looking forward to doing  a number on them. simply looking for fair play in the fixtures where cork and the rest appear to set the agenda.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: INDIANA on August 03, 2008, 10:18:12 PM
well its true mate the economics don't lie. for the record pints we've no fear of Tyrone, looking forward to doing  a number on them. simply looking for fair play in the fixtures where cork and the rest appear to set the agenda.
every county has sunshine supporters - I wouldnt like the gaa to be relying on the pissed up soccer fans who gather on the hill 4 or 5 times a year.

20leg-end08

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 03, 2008, 10:21:27 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 03, 2008, 10:18:12 PM
well its true mate the economics don't lie. for the record pints we've no fear of Tyrone, looking forward to doing  a number on them. simply looking for fair play in the fixtures where cork and the rest appear to set the agenda.
every county has sunshine supporters - I wouldnt like the gaa to be relying on the pissed up soccer fans who gather on the hill 4 or 5 times a year.

Spot on - how many of the dubs that pack croke park for the big matches would travel upto clones or casement or down to Kerry if they didnt have the use of Croke park for every game?
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

INDIANA

how many tyrone fans bothered to watch a home championship match against westmeath last week?
answer= f**k all.
how many tyrone fans went to watch them play mayo?
answer=f**k all
Up your jaxy .

Tyrone Dreamer

I can see why the Dubs havent won sam since 95. They're more interested in who's got the biggest support and when the match will be played, than the actual game itself. Im pretty sure Mickey Harte and our players werent too bothered which weekend the game will be played. The Dublin team should be well used to late changes to their fixtures, sure dont their own fans turn up late and get every match delayed at the last minute.