Hayes winding the Animals up again!!

Started by 5 Sams, May 04, 2008, 11:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 05, 2008, 08:40:21 PM
QuoteAre Kerry people just too sensitive/paranoid?

you are not stupid enough to fall for the old...."I met this Kerry fella who said <insert comment supporting your argument>  "....sure lads use that auld tactic all the time on here.

Its obvious he resents Kerry because he is blue in the face from listening to people telling him "..but ye never beat Kerry". I'm surprised more people dont see this. Its why I take his rantings with a large grain of salt.

But surely Hayes is right. This Kerry team can't be considered great, because they have never beaten Tyrone.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Mike Sheehy

I never said I agreed with that assessment i.e that Meath werent great becasue they didnt beat Kerry..............but it obviously bothers Hayes

Maguire01

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 05, 2008, 08:40:21 PM
QuoteAre Kerry people just too sensitive/paranoid?

you are not stupid enough to fall for the old...."I met this Kerry fella who said <insert comment supporting your argument>  "....sure lads use that auld tactic all the time on here.

Its obvious he resents Kerry because he is blue in the face from listening to people telling him "..but ye never beat Kerry". I'm surprised more people dont see this. Its why I take his rantings with a large grain of salt.

I'm not talking about sensitivity/paranoia in relation to what this guy might attribute to a Kerry fella, rather the reaction to the article itself.

moysider

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on May 05, 2008, 08:09:45 PM
Paul Galvin a mediocre to good player????  :D  :D Is this guy having a laugh,

Galvin isnt one of the greatest ever(yet anyway)and may never be

But hes one of the best half forwards in the game at this time.

Of this great Kerry Team,and it really is a great one

for me Colm Cooper, Darragh O Se and Tomas O Se are 3 of the best of all time.

Mark O Se and possibely Kieran Donaghy could join them in that category with a few more stellar years.

anyway ya Kerry c**ts, Remember 1947  8)

Agree with your choice of the quality ones. I would add Declan O Sullivan, he has what it takes to be a great as well. A Rolls Royce of a player. A thoroughbred. And while on the subject of horses did nt Hayes have a cut at the Pony last year saying that he was nt that special after all. We all had imagined it. Or was it somebody else? Hardly. There s nobody else in journalism that spaced.

RedandGreenSniper

Yeah it was Hayes that said Moynihan didn't deserve to be called great, a very good player he said, but not great.
Don't agree with him on that one and rate Galvin highly but people take Hayes way too seriously. He's giving his opinion, a lousy one sometimes in my view, but he can be entertaining.
Don't read it if ya don't like it. I'd say he actually sells papers though, with people keen to see who he has taken out at the knees this week . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Jinxy

I'd agree with him about Moynihan. Very good player, but didn't merit the orgasmic adulation of various commentators who elevated the simplest of his handpasses to the level of genius. If you were picking a half back line from the last 10 years would he be in it?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

moysider

Quote from: Jinxy on May 06, 2008, 09:25:06 AM
I'd agree with him about Moynihan. Very good player, but didn't merit the orgasmic adulation of various commentators who elevated the simplest of his handpasses to the level of genius. If you were picking a half back line from the last 10 years would he be in it?

Ybsolutely. Yes. First name on it.

thebandit

McGeeney has been more influential, if not as naturally talented as him.

I reckon Conor Gormley isn't far away from him

Jinxy

Quote from: moysider on May 06, 2008, 10:53:53 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 06, 2008, 09:25:06 AM

Ybsolutely. Yes. First name on it.

Ok then, pick your best half back line from the last 10 years? Do it for 20 years as well (just humour me ;D).

AZOffaly

Is this a trap to see if Martin O'Connell gets in? :D

stephenite

Last 10 years - for me.

T O Se - K McGeeney - Sean Og De Paor

Tried Deccie Meehan in there but couldn't have 2 Heron chokers

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 06, 2008, 11:27:58 AM
Is this a trap to see if Martin O'Connell gets in? :D

He'd better get in or there'll be war.

his holiness nb

Quote from: saffron sam2 on May 05, 2008, 08:46:58 PM
But surely Hayes is right. This Kerry team can't be considered great, because they have never beaten Tyrone.

Brilliant!  :D
Ask me holy bollix

ríochtciarraí

Seriously lads the pony only good? I reckon he would make any team from the last 50 years not to mind 10. I realise thats a bold statement but remember this is a lad who rarely, if ever played bad while wearing the geansaí. Remember in our hour of need a few years ago who stepped in and played full back? He was awsome that year too

bcarrier

Anyone who rates moynihan as only good is rating him on his last few seasons when he had declined. He was probably at his best in mid to late 90s. He is my favourite player of last  10 years. Moynihan -  Mc Geeney ( again not the later version) and O se  would be my half back line. ( No gingers allowed Jinxy :)).

Regarding Hayes article ...Galvin is probably banjaxed. Its hard to come back from the recurring hamstring injuries that he has had. If he rated him average to good would have agreed . ( rather than mediocre to good - there are surely a few grades between mediocre and good) ) . He is after all to Kerry what Dooher is to Tyrone.