Hayes winding the Animals up again!!

Started by 5 Sams, May 04, 2008, 11:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

He's continuing his criticism of the Kerry 2 in a row team. In his article in the Tribune today he tells us that Galvin is a mediocre player and that there are two or three players on the Kerry team barely fit for county football.

I cant get into the Tribune site to post a link....anyone else?? You're probably lurking Liam so why not throw the article up yourself ;)
The Aristocrat Years

johnpower

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 04, 2008, 11:53:40 AM
He's continuing his criticism of the Kerry 2 in a row team. In his article in the Tribune today he tells us that Galvin is a mediocre player and that there are two or three players on the Kerry team barely fit for county football.

I cant get into the Tribune site to post a link....anyone else?? You're probably lurking Liam so why not throw the article up yourself ;)

God i am just about to go out and buy the papers .thanks for the tip off .The only reason I buy the Tribune is to read Kieran Shannon . I might just leave the offending page behind with the property section .

orangeman

He'd know all about average players himself !!!!!!!!!!  ;) ;) ;) :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D He must have had a bad experience with them a time or two !

magickingdom

Quote from: johnpower on May 04, 2008, 12:09:02 PM

God i am just about to go out and buy the papers .thanks for the tip off .The only reason I buy the Tribune is to read Kieran Shannon . I might just leave the offending page behind with the property section .

kieran shannon is excellent, his mind matters column should be must reading for every sports person.

wont even read it but if you are lurking liam your a disgrace to journalism..

corn02

Surely his employers must share the pain with the rest of us?

dodo

Liam Hayes is well on the road to being the Irish David Icke.

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

blasmere

He says Kerry have half a dozen real geniuses of footballers, a lot of counties struggle for even one!!

Contradicts himself a bit there!! ???
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Main Street

He writes that Galvin is "a mediocre to good player"

"he is also captain of the team. He is capable of filling that role and brilliantly leading his team to another All-Ireland title through a summer of genuine hard work. Equally, he is capable of making a complete hash of it by losing his head and serving up exactly the wrong form of leadership".

"He has been high profile, and often for the wrong reasons over the last couple of summers. He is a high risk candidate. If he becomes larger than life on this Kerry team it will probably be for the wrong reasons. Kerry just need him to knuckle down, keep his head down, and keep his mouth shut. If he does that and plays his heart out, as normal, this Kerry team will be one step closer to a place amongst the all-time great Gaelic football teams".

It's an opinion from Hayes, not bad journalism.

However, on his opinion, I don't think Kerry's fortunes are so dependent on Galvin, therefore I think most of his opinion is suspect.
Nice though if it was proved accurate this summer :)

Maguire01

How is that article a 'wind up'?  It's very balanced. It's largely complimentary to Kerry, but does offer the opinion that every member of the team is a footballing genius.  Surely that's fair enough(?)

As for Galvin, is it not a widely held opinion by most people in GAA circles that he's a good player, but a bit hot headed at times and therefore high-risk in a captain's role?

Are Kerry people just too sensitive/paranoid?

Also, what's the story with letters missing from that article?  Where's all the 'fi's?

INDIANA

great is a term too lightly used these days.
great footballers were mick o connell,jimmy keaveney,peter canavan, maurice fitz, jack o shea, etc etc etc. with all due respects to the current kerry team there are only 2 on it in that bracket, gooch and daragh o se.

rosnarun

Quote from: INDIANA on May 05, 2008, 02:38:12 PM
great is a term too lightly used these days.
great footballers were mick o connell,jimmy keaveney :o,peter canavan, maurice fitz, jack o shea, etc etc etc. with all due respects to the current kerry team there are only 2 on it in that bracket, gooch and daragh o se.
now here is a perfect example of irony children. he wasn't even the best player in that full forward line.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

BallyhaiseMan

Paul Galvin a mediocre to good player????  :D  :D Is this guy having a laugh,

Galvin isnt one of the greatest ever(yet anyway)and may never be

But hes one of the best half forwards in the game at this time.

Of this great Kerry Team,and it really is a great one

for me Colm Cooper, Darragh O Se and Tomas O Se are 3 of the best of all time.

Mark O Se and possibely Kieran Donaghy could join them in that category with a few more stellar years.

anyway ya Kerry c**ts, Remember 1947  8)

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAre Kerry people just too sensitive/paranoid?

you are not stupid enough to fall for the old...."I met this Kerry fella who said <insert comment supporting your argument>  "....sure lads use that auld tactic all the time on here.

Its obvious he resents Kerry because he is blue in the face from listening to people telling him "..but ye never beat Kerry". I'm surprised more people dont see this. Its why I take his rantings with a large grain of salt.

Mike Sheehy

..and anyway..sure what would he know about the relative merits of one success over another ..everything the man touches fails !!..i.e managing carlow, Ireland on Sunday.