Appeals

Started by tyrone08, April 19, 2022, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Tommy Dunne of Tipp gets 3 months following his sending off on Sunday just after half-time V Waterford.  Gave a mouthful to the ref.

tonto1888

Quote from: JoG2 on April 21, 2022, 09:00:02 PM
Hopefully we've a great summer of football and not endless days of these 'melee's' and post mortems, rules and procedures!

Agreed

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on April 21, 2022, 09:03:50 PM
Tommy Dunne of Tipp gets 3 months following his sending off on Sunday just after half-time V Waterford.  Gave a mouthful to the ref.

As a ref you hate the personal insults and abuse you get, but providing he made a personal apology and a public one with a message I'd be happy that was dropped to 2 game ban..

Neck choking only gets you a one match ban lol

Tommy always looked the calm one over the years, certainly as a player and manager.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

God14

Conor McKenna's hearing was postponed last night by CCCC

Bit odd that isnt it?

Shambles of an organisation, rather than putting the thing to bed it rumbles on....

clarshack

Quote from: God14 on April 22, 2022, 10:46:51 AM

Bit odd that isnt it?

Shambles of an organisation, rather than putting the thing to bed it rumbles on....

very odd

thewobbler

Bit odd that isnt it?

I'd suspect there is currently an impasse between GAA top brass and the hearings committee. Something along the lines of "didn't you get the memo lads, melees are gone?" and "don't tell us what to do, we follow the rules, not your orders."

Dag Dog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2022, 09:43:02 AM

As a ref you hate the personal insults and abuse you get, but providing he made a personal apology and a public one with a message I'd be happy that was dropped to 2 game ban..

Tommy always looked the calm one over the years, certainly as a player and manager.

He might have looked calm, but he's as rough as they come.

marty34

Yeah, I presume he wasn't happy with only a yellow being dished out to M. Kiely for the wild swing just before half-time.

Waterford, down to 14, might have changed the game a bit but who knows.

But Dunne should be experienced enough to keep it level and just say to ref. it should have been a red card and Waterford should be down to 14. Play on the ref's mind a bit without the verbal abuse. 

johnnycool

Quote from: Dag Dog on April 22, 2022, 11:03:49 AM

He might have looked calm, but he's as rough as they come.

He is from Toomevara after all.

Itchy

I'd propose referees just stop issuing red cards for anything and let them at it. Sure what could go wrong. The events of the last week are a farce and an embarrassment to any sporting organisation.

tyrone08

Quote from: clarshack on April 22, 2022, 11:00:12 AM

Bit odd that isnt it?

very odd

I would say it's to give them more time to anticipate what grounds of appeal tyrone will use.

They have created a rod for their own back. They can't not let mckenna off after letting ll the Armagh lads off but at the same time they can't afford for anymore appeals to be successful as it highlights what a shambles they are

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on April 22, 2022, 01:49:20 PM
I'd propose referees just stop issuing red cards for anything and let them at it. Sure what could go wrong. The events of the last week are a farce and an embarrassment to any sporting organisation.

That's my form, can't be assed with the paperwork  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

twohands!!!

QuoteThe suspensions were reportedly dismissed on the grounds that not enough detail had been submitted to prove the players had 'contributed to a melee' in an Allianz Football League match against Donegal in March. The rulebook does not specify how or if a referee is expected to back up their assertion.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2022/0421/1293598-whelan-fundamentally-flawed-gaa-rules-too-easy-to-beat/

David McKeown

Quote from: tyrone08 on April 22, 2022, 01:59:16 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 22, 2022, 11:00:12 AM

Bit odd that isnt it?

very odd

I would say it's to give them more time to anticipate what grounds of appeal tyrone will use.

They have created a rod for their own back. They can't not let mckenna off after letting ll the Armagh lads off but at the same time they can't afford for anymore appeals to be successful as it highlights what a shambles they are

I don't think the Armagh outcome will have any real impact on the decision in this one. That said he should simply have his ban overturned because it was a nonsense in the first place
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner