Dublin v Donegal 4pm throw-in

Started by twohands!!!, April 10, 2016, 03:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Are we all determined not to start a new thread then for the final. Is it that much of a foregone conclusion.

I think Kerry will be very keen to beat Dublin in this game as there is already a growing concern that Kerry can't beat this Dublin team.
Most would say can anyone beat this Dublin team but we have to believe someone can otherwise its totally boring.
Dublin certainly have showed in more recent years that they can now deal with heavily packed blanket defences but I still believe if you can stop Dublin scoring goals then you are in with a chance. Goals are the psychological killer against most teams that Dublin are playing. Once they get their first goal there is this feeling of "here we go now".

I'm really looking forward to this national league final and with both teams having such an easy run in the championship this could be their biggest game for 4 months. If only someone would start the thread.

heffo

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 10, 2016, 05:14:50 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on April 10, 2016, 05:12:28 PM
Premature maybe but I think Donegal are done as a serious force in Croke Park. Too many big players for them past their best whose legs have gone.
There is no team is Ireland that can be up to speed to beat a full Dublin team in April playing at home!

Really? No MDMA, Connolly, McManamon, O'Carroll, McCaffrey & O'Gara in the panel..

Captain Obvious

Quote from: heffo on April 11, 2016, 06:44:08 PM
Premature maybe but I think Donegal are done as a serious force in Croke Park. Too many big players for them past their best whose legs have gone.
There is no team is Ireland that can be up to speed to beat a full Dublin team in April playing at home!

Really? No MDMA, Connolly, McManamon, O'Carroll, McCaffrey & O'Gara in the panel..
O'Carroll, McCaffrey no longer part of Dublins 2016 plans. McManamon is known as a super sub. Fentons arrival as a top class midfielder means MDMA is no longer a certain starter. Which of the six starting forwards for Dublin last year will be dropped for O Gara?

Hound

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 11, 2016, 10:33:17 PM
Quote from: heffo on April 11, 2016, 06:44:08 PM

O'Carroll, McCaffrey no longer part of Dublins 2016 plans. McManamon is known as a super sub. Fentons arrival as a top class midfielder means MDMA is no longer a certain starter. Which of the six starting forwards for Dublin last year will be dropped for O Gara?
Macauley came off injured in the club final, looked like a hammer or similar. So hopefully he's almost recovered and still in Gavin's plans. I'd certainly start him alongside Fenton.

O'Gara might just squeeze into the top 10 of Dublin forwards. I would hate it if he started ahead of any of the other 9, but worth a place on the bench for his unorthodoxy