Donegal v Tyrone Sun 29 March

Started by tyroneman, March 15, 2015, 07:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

black card for murphy means he misses next week i think be available for championship game im i being cynical

J70

Quote from: Whitnail on March 29, 2015, 04:42:27 PM
Head to head first then points differnce

I think tyrone need to make up a 20 point difference against kerry to stay up

Mayo will beat us next week but I think we stay up.  . Is that right?

Does head to head apply if multiple teams finish on the same points?

Schkite

Head to head only when two teams are on the same points, points difference for 3 or more teams.

Whitnail

Quote from: J70 on March 29, 2015, 04:44:30 PM
Quote from: Whitnail on March 29, 2015, 04:42:27 PM
Head to head first then points differnce

I think tyrone need to make up a 20 point difference against kerry to stay up

Mayo will beat us next week but I think we stay up.  . Is that right?

Does head to head apply if multiple teams finish on the same points?

Yea , pretty sure thats the way it works. ..well 80% sure anyways!

cuconnacht

Quote from: J70 on March 29, 2015, 04:36:31 PM
FT Donegal 1-13 Tyrone 0-6

Given Kerry's loss, are Donegal safe if they avoid a hammering against Mayo?
IF kerry have to win to stay up,so Donegal stay up on the head2head with tyrone,no matter what happens YE nxt week,i think every other result is PDiff

J70

Promotion & Relegation

Both promotion and relegation to be organised on the basis of two up/two down.

Where Counties finish with Equal Points – extract from (Riail 6.20 T.O. 2014):
"...........the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:

(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the outcome of the meeting of the two Teams in the previous game in the Competition;
(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For);
(iii) Highest Total Score For;
(iv) A Play-Off.

Exceptions:
In relation to means (ii) and (iii) above, if the accumulated scores of a team, so involved, are affected by a disqualification, loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or walk over, the tie shall be decided by a Play-Off."

An Watcher

By my reckoning, Tyrones scoring diff is -14, Kerrys -12. A 2 pt win would take Tyrone above Kerry. Problem arises if there are three teams in there on 6 points. Not sure what happens then. Not a very encouraging performance for the championship.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone need a draw in Mayo-Donegal, then it'd be head-to-head v Kerry.
I can't remember a team going down on 6 points.

moysider

Quote from: An Watcher on March 29, 2015, 04:50:40 PM
By my reckoning, Tyrones scoring diff is -14, Kerrys -12. A 2 pt win would take Tyrone above Kerry. Problem arises if there are three teams in there on 6 points. Not sure what happens then. Not a very encouraging performance for the championship.

Points difference if 3 or more teams on same.

Whitnail

What's mayo's points diff anyways? ours is +8. , I didn't realise Kerry were in minus figures

Tyrone v Kerry should be a good match then so

twohands!!!

The most Tyrone can get is 6 points

If Tyrone beat Kerry and Donegal and Mayo draw, Tyrone would stay up as there would only be 2 teams on head-to-head and Tyrone would have beaten Kerry.

If it's not a draw in the Donegal and Mayo game and one of those sides lose and Tyrone win, Tyrone, Kerry and whichever of those sides lose would all be on 6 points - With 3 sides level on 6 points scoring difference comes into it.Currently Tyrone are -14, Kerry -12, Mayo 3 and Donegal 8. Have to think it would be who one of Tyrone or Kerry getting relegated in that case.

If Tyrone beat Kerry by exactly 2 points and it wasnt a draw in the Mayo Donegal game it would come down to (iii) Highest Total Score For

Currently Highest Total score for is Kerry are +88 while Tyrone are +68 so Kerry would win that.

Cork Monaghan and Dublin are all safe from relegation.

An Watcher

If Tyrone win by a point it makes the scoring difference the same. Two point win and Tyrone are better off. Forget about the other game, two point win and we're save

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: An Watcher on March 29, 2015, 05:18:48 PM
If Tyrone win by a point it makes the scoring difference the same. Two point win and Tyrone are better off. Forget about the other game, two point win and we're save

That's exactly my interpretation too.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

maigheo

Think Kerry are minus 11 and Tyrone are minus 14 so Tyrone would have to win by 2 points to stay up

J70

If Mayo win, that leaves Donegal on 6 points. If Tyrone also win, then you have them, Donegal and Kerry on 6 points. Kerry's minus 11 scoring difference would only get worse in that circumstance, while Tyrone's -14 would improve by same amount. Donegal would then need a 2013 quarter final-like hammering to be in danger of the drop. If we lose by 15, we would drop to -7 points scoring difference, 20 it would be -12, putting us in and around the current Tyrone/Kerry scoring difference.

Bad as we were against Monaghan, we haven't (yet!) been hammered like some of the other teams, which may end up being the difference.