Donegal v Tyrone Sun 29 March

Started by tyroneman, March 15, 2015, 07:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Tyrone have no interest in Ulster.
Donegal away
Armagh away
Derry or Down
Monaghan sitting rested in their home ground for the final.
Who said Leinster was fixed?

Nope back out the back door again for me and maybe a wee trip to London for a change.

Anyway. Any team news yet?
I expect a few changes.
Surely McAliskey has gonna keep his place.
Would like to see more of Mark Bradley too.
Is this on TG4?

Redhand Santa

I'd say there won't be much team news until next week. Bradley won't be involved as u21s playing the Wednesday after. Him and Mcshane could have a part to play as the year goes on. Bradley is super accurate and despite his size could well become a top player over the next few years.

I don't think you were being serious but either way tyrone have to go all out for ulster. Five years is too long for us to go without one and the players need the confidence it would bring. It would also get the county behind the team again. It looks extremely tough but if could some how could get out of ballybofey a home game against Armagh would be very winnable.

rrhf

Not at all. We are already thinking of the ulster final.  Can't wait.

ose 14

i wouldnt get to ahead of myself this tyrone teams destiny and hartes continued reign will be decided in ballybofey. we have failed miseraby against donegal and more latterly monaghan who are the best two teams in uster over the last 3/4 campaigns. the inability to play against the blanket remains the stumbling block that this manager and team do not be able to handle. donegal have an inate ability to control a game and have the forward line to get the big scores when it matters. tyrone football is on trial over the next 2 months and more than likely donegal will bury it. in the longer term tyrone winning an ulster u21 would be a more important step than staying up, but our southern neighbours donegal/monaghan wont hand that to us either.

thebuzz

Quote from: ose 14 on March 21, 2015, 07:53:55 AM
i wouldnt get to ahead of myself this tyrone teams destiny and hartes continued reign will be decided in ballybofey. we have failed miseraby against donegal and more latterly monaghan who are the best two teams in uster over the last 3/4 campaigns. the inability to play against the blanket remains the stumbling block that this manager and team do not be able to handle. donegal have an inate ability to control a game and have the forward line to get the big scores when it matters. tyrone football is on trial over the next 2 months and more than likely donegal will bury it. in the longer term tyrone winning an ulster u21 would be a more important step than staying up, but our southern neighbours donegal/monaghan wont hand that to us either.

Well at least you can play the blanket yourselves as well. Look at us. We can't play the blanket and we certainly can't play against it.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: thebuzz on March 21, 2015, 11:06:55 AM
Quote from: ose 14 on March 21, 2015, 07:53:55 AM

Well at least you can play the blanket yourselves as well. Look at us. We can't play the blanket and we certainly can't play against it.

Who are us?

drici

thebuzz
Date Registered: November 10, 2006, 06:38:17 PM

GrandMasterFlash
Date Registered: November 30, 2006, 04:17:08 PM

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 23, 2015, 01:58:44 PM

Who are us?

Unbelievable

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: drici on March 23, 2015, 02:11:30 PM
thebuzz
Date Registered: November 10, 2006, 06:38:17 PM

GrandMasterFlash
Date Registered: November 30, 2006, 04:17:08 PM

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 23, 2015, 01:58:44 PM

Who are us?

Unbelievable

Are you marveling at the proximity of our registration dates or that I ask where he/she's from given the fact we've both been on here for approx. 9 years? Sometimes it's just easier to answer the question..   ;)

Anyhow, I realised from a quick profile view that the poster is from Derry.

Whitnail

I'm from Donegal ......and we can't play against the blanket defense either

For future ulster games I suggest managers meet up and agree on a blanket ceasefire

Fuzzman

I've no concrete reason but I think we can win this game.
I liked how we played v Dubs and v Cork and whilst not being a fan of this style of football I can appreciate it's rewards much more when we use longer more direct passing with McCurry, Mattie, Sean  and Skit kickng good scores.
I doubt however Donegal will commit as many people forward to join their attacks as our last two opponents. The losers will be in a bad place.
Fuzz thinks a draw

rrhf

If Tyrone leave Ballybofey with anything less than a win.  It's division 2 for us.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: rrhf on March 25, 2015, 09:10:39 PM
If Tyrone leave Ballybofey with anything less than a win.  It's division 2 for us.

But if a draw, Tyrone would have 5 points with a home game left? I'd take a draw.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Tyrone SF team v Donegal Allianz Football League 29.3.15

Comórtas: Sraith Náisiúnta Peil
Cluiche: Dún na nGall v Tír Eoghain
Ionad: Páirc Mac Cumhaill
Dáta: 29 Márta 2015
1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc
2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin
3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mór
5 – Ronan McNabb – An Droim Mór
6 – Justin McMahon – An Omaigh
7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin
8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
9 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn
10 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair
11 – Matty Donnelly – Trí Leac
12 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais
13 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
14 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
15 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo

16 – Sean Fox – Coill an Chlochair
17 – Conor Clarke – An Omaigh
18 – Peter Hughes –  – Eiscreach
19 – PJ Lavery – Cluain Eo
20 – Danny McBride – An Srath Bán
21 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chochair
22 – Shay McGuigan – Ard Bó
23 – Emmett McKenna – Eaglais
24 – Patrick McNeice – Oileán a'Ghuail
25 – Ronan O Neill – An Omaigh
26 – Patrick Quinn – Dún Geanainn​
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

God14

Redhand Santa

I wasn't sure at the start of the league how competitive Sunday's clash would be given the upcoming championship game. However, given the position both teams are in in the league its fair to say thoughts of the championship clash will be put to one side and all the focus will be on this one. That should set up a hard hitting tight game.

Its hard to imagine it will be high scoring and hope it doesnt turn into an overly defensive dour contest. I've a feeling it'll be a better game than many suspect. Its important that Tyrone focus on on upping their scoring ratio. Currently we're defending well enough and creating enough chances to compete with anyone but we're missing to many changes. Maybe this will be the day that Morgan will return to form with the frees. Looking at the team on paper it looks fairly strong.