Tyrone v Monaghan Quarter Final

Started by tyronefan, July 27, 2013, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyronefan

This is a draw both teams will be happy with and either will think they can win . Monaghan will feel they have a good chance against Tyrone and Tyrone will feel that this is one of the easier teams from the other side of the draw.

drici

Game at 5-00pm this Saturday followed by Cork v Dublin at seven.

Aaron Boone

Tyrone would have taken the extra day (Sunday) for this match.

BennyCake

I have a horrible feeling Tyrone will make this years AI final.

babarino

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 27, 2013, 10:38:25 PM
Tyrone would have taken the extra day (Sunday) for this match.

And they've had a very recent run out in Croker.

Quote from: BennyCake on July 27, 2013, 10:47:15 PM
I have a horrible feeling Tyrone will make this years AI final.

I have a feeling and horrible it ain't. But Monaghan will have to maintain the performance of the Ulster final and Tyrone will have to up it, because Sean Kavanagh won't have the kind of influence he had today.

orangeman

Tyrone will be delighted with this draw.

The pressure is on Monaghan to back up their win last weekend.

Tyrone not playing particularly well.

It'll draw a good crowd.

Full house next Saturday evening ?.

Over the Bar

Brilliant draw for Ulster!  Guarantees at least one Ulster team will contest the AI semi finals!  The  Gaels of Armagh and Derry will once again get the opportunity to cheer on Tyrone, or Monaghan

lawnseed

I have the feeling that the only way to finish a tyrone man is to get him down and stake him like Dracula. they just wont go away ;D they're playing some horrible stuff and nobody is shining in any great way but they could rattle through to a final. monaghan have a cup and I think they'll be happy enough although malachy could have other ideas. tyrone to stumble on for me
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

give her dixie

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 27, 2013, 11:24:45 PM
Brilliant draw for Ulster!  Guarantees at least one Ulster team will contest the AI semi finals!  The  Gaels of Armagh and Derry will once again get the opportunity to cheer on Tyrone, or Monaghan

The vast majority of Derry and large parts of Armagh will be cheering on Tyrone for sure......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Schkite

We owe yis bastids one!

Can't wait!

barelegs

I'd be more than happy with that draw from a Tyrone point of view. Winning is a great habit to get into and we've been getting over the line. Reminds me a bit of 2008, winning but not impressing and then (hopefully) produce a performance when not much is expected of you.

We appear to be happy to go 4-5 points up  and then just sit back and invite the other team on, something I wouldn't like to see repeated. There's at least 20-30% improvement that can come from almost all the Tyrone players. Hopefully we see it on Saturday evening.

An awful lot of emphasis is  being placed on Monaghan's performance against Donegal. They could very easily repeat their performance against Antrim... They won't spring any surprise on Tyrone that's for sure.

With a few days celebrations and all the distractions that come with it. I think we've got a fantastic chance. Two  Errigal Ciaran men managing rival teams!

Main Street

Quote from: orangeman on July 27, 2013, 11:03:13 PM
Tyrone will be delighted with this draw.

The pressure is on Monaghan to back up their win last weekend.

Tyrone not playing particularly well.

It'll draw a good crowd.

Full house next Saturday evening ?.
Au contraire, the pressure is all on Tyrone, we are just strutting our Ulster champions jive for another game, whilst there are ten thousand Tyronies ready to knife Mickey Harte in the back should they lose to Monaghan. The objective observer can easily credit the job MH has done to manage to get that team of hod carriers this far, but we will not underestimate the challenge they offer us.
We'll have a plan i'm sure, but we will never stoop to the cynical depths of  trying to out-tyrone Tyrone.

Syferus

"No you have the pressure! No you! Ok, whoever Roy Curtis hypes up has the pressure."

thebuzz

Quote from: barelegs on July 27, 2013, 11:49:13 PM
I'd be more than happy with that draw from a Tyrone point of view. Winning is a great habit to get into and we've been getting over the line. Reminds me a bit of 2008, winning but not impressing and then (hopefully) produce a performance when not much is expected of you.

We appear to be happy to go 4-5 points up  and then just sit back and invite the other team on, something I wouldn't like to see repeated. There's at least 20-30% improvement that can come from almost all the Tyrone players. Hopefully we see it on Saturday evening.

An awful lot of emphasis is  being placed on Monaghan's performance against Donegal. They could very easily repeat their performance against Antrim... They won't spring any surprise on Tyrone that's for sure.

With a few days celebrations and all the distractions that come with it. I think we've got a fantastic chance. Two  Errigal Ciaran men managing rival teams!

If Monaghan's hunger has been sated by winning Ulster then they won't play as well as they did against Donegal. I think it will be hard for O'Rourke to get them up to that level again after the success of last Sunday and the celebrations and accolades since.

ONeill

I expect pure agricultural dirt from Monaghan.

They're too stupid down there to spell cynical never mind execute it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.