Áth Cliath V An Dún. 7 30pm 02 Aibreain 2011

Started by 5 Sams, March 22, 2011, 02:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

if bennys hamstring is still playing up,i wouldnt want to see him flogged to death on the wide open spaces of croke park. the most important match is in the atheltic grounds in may and we need all our players fully fit and flying for that one. with survival now assured the fringe players should see abit of action as we may need some of them later in the summer.

really looking forward to sat night,think we can give them a good rattle.
nil satis nisi optimum

pointlad

Quote from: SHEEDY on March 28, 2011, 08:46:33 PM
if bennys hamstring is still playing up,i wouldnt want to see him flogged to death on the wide open spaces of croke park. the most important match is in the atheltic grounds in may and we need all our players fully fit and flying for that one. with survival now assured the fringe players should see abit of action as we may need some of them later in the summer.

I would say thats the wrong approach to just give up saying we have been guaranteed safe in division 1, the team as a whole as the potential to push on and beat Dublin and Kerry and earn a place in a league final for the 3rd year running, each a division higher than before,  which is very impressive.Every game in the future should be taken with equal importance as the last,league game and championship game. I would not go out and play the fringe players and end up loosing marginally.  A win is a win and is a confidence booster which the whole team needs to go and to try to win ulster or even get far in the all ireland series.

Minus15

What are likely admission fees for this one given it's a double header?

heffo

Quote from: Minus15 on March 28, 2011, 10:01:51 PM
What are likely admission fees for this one given it's a double header?

Thirteen euro- same as every other league game

SHEEDY

Quote from: pointlad on March 28, 2011, 09:51:40 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on March 28, 2011, 08:46:33 PM

I would say thats the wrong approach to just give up saying we have been guaranteed safe in division 1, the team as a whole as the potential to push on and beat Dublin and Kerry and earn a place in a league final for the 3rd year running, each a division higher than before,  which is very impressive.Every game in the future should be taken with equal importance as the last,league game and championship game. I would not go out and play the fringe players and end up loosing marginally.  A win is a win and is a confidence booster which the whole team needs to go and to try to win ulster or even get far in the all ireland series.
nobody mentioned anything about giving up. i believe there a juggling act required between trying to win the last 2 games and giving players game time. the aim this year has to be to win an ulster title and we're going to need a strong and fit panel of players to do that.
nil satis nisi optimum

ross4life

Should be a good nights entertainment with Dublin v Kilkenny hurling aswell but it's a shame supporters have to endure Jedward again.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

NP 76

Jedward could be no worse than the rubbish we had to endure in Newry against Monaghan

western exile

Quote from: NP 76 on March 28, 2011, 11:23:10 PM
Jedward could be no worse than the rubbish we had to endure in Newry against Monaghan
:-\

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: ross4life on March 28, 2011, 11:13:52 PM
Should be a good nights entertainment with Dublin v Kilkenny hurling aswell but it's a shame supporters have to endure Jedward again.

Easily avoided, they can't be heard above the din when having a pint out the back...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

5 Sams

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 29, 2011, 04:07:25 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 28, 2011, 11:13:52 PM

Easily avoided, they can't be heard above the din when having a pint out the back...

+1 Croí...that's where I'll be...

The Dublin marketing ploy of putting these eejits on to attract a new audience to HQ seems to be working...I have had several requests for tickets from people who wouldn't even know what colours Down play in :-\ :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Declan

QuoteThe Dublin marketing ploy of putting these eejits on to attract a new audience to HQ seems to be working...I have had several requests for tickets from people who wouldn't even know what colours Down play in

Indeed  - The biggest crowd so far was at the first game where they "performed" but as Croi said you can't hear them if you go back and have a jar!

Banana Man

wild that there is more chat on the Armagh PO'R thread than the upcoming down game  :D

anyway what do you dub lads think for saturday night? do you think down will be up to much or would you be quite ocnfident of the win?

Declan

Quoteanyway what do you dub lads think for saturday night? do you think down will be up to much or would you be quite ocnfident of the win?

Well now that Down are safe in Div 1 they can play a bit more freely and as I said earlier with Clarke and Coulter up against our weakest line I can only see one winner on Sat night ;) ;) Dublin by 2

passedit

Quote from: Declan on March 30, 2011, 08:26:03 AM
QuoteThe Dublin marketing ploy of putting these eejits on to attract a new audience to HQ seems to be working...I have had several requests for tickets from people who wouldn't even know what colours Down play in

Indeed  - The biggest crowd so far was at the first game where they "performed" but as Croi said you can't hear them if you go back and have a jar!

Being divided strictly on gender lines, my family has never been to a Down game en masse. Jedward looks like being the key to breaking this cycle. Any ideas on the cost of attendance for under sixteens for this game?
Don't Panic