Áth Cliath V An Dún. 7 30pm 02 Aibreain 2011

Started by 5 Sams, March 22, 2011, 02:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Now that we have secured 1st division status we can relax now and enjoy our trips to BÁC and Cill Áirne.

The Dublin outing will be a great occasion with the Cats and the Jacks on beforehand at half 5 before the main event. ;)

After seeing Mayo scoring 3 goals against the Dubs I'm beginning to wonder if there is a chink in the Dublin armour (no sniggering at the back there) which Marty, Benny, Danny and Co can exploit.

Who will we get to handle BB...

Really looking forward to this one....
The Aristocrat Years

PAULD123

There is more than a chink in the armour it was like they'd opened the port tunnel to their goal line. I am really confident that we can win. I'm not thinking we will big or anything like that but I think we are easily a match for them and have confidence in the lads that they have improved enough to bring out the victory.

I think our style of counter attacking meets its ideal opposition in a cavalier attacking opposition. Dublin have been pretty cavalier this year. I expect us to score at least as often as they do and as a result it will come down to who has the most possession. Our midfield has improved and theirs isn't fantastic. I think we will get more possession and therefore more scores. I just hope we don't waste lots of early point opportunities trying to go for speculative goals or trying to walk it into the net (we have been guilty of these errors a few times in this campaign)

Declan

As losing AI finalists and with two of the best footballers in the country available to their FF line against Dublins weakest line I'd expect Down to win handily enough alright

5 Sams

Quote from: Declan on March 22, 2011, 05:21:52 PM
As losing AI finalists and with two of the best footballers in the country available to their FF line against Dublins weakest line I'd expect Down to win handily enough alright

:D :D :D Good man Dec
The Aristocrat Years

heffo

Dublin accumulated their ten points to date at a time other counties were not training seriously and with Down returning to last years form where they hurtled their way to an AI final and the Dubs still missing 8/9 or last years team, there is only one possible outcome.

Down by four points.

passedit

Quote from: heffo on March 22, 2011, 05:57:04 PM

Dublin accumulated their ten points to date at a time other counties were training seriously and with Down returning to last years form where they hurtled their way to an AI final and the Dubs still missing 8/9 or last years team, there is only one possible outcome.

Down by four points.

Agree wholeheartedly Heffo, though I'd be dissappointed if there's only four in it, seeing as you're effectively fielding your thirds.
Don't Panic

Brick Tamlin

Sometimes i wonder at the gabshitery of some of my fellow Down supporters.

passedit

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on March 22, 2011, 07:26:38 PM
Sometimes i wonder at the gabshitery of some of my fellow Down supporters.

Here's a clue Brick, it's a bit like steely.
Don't Panic

DUBSFORSAM1

Well if a strong Down team can't easily beat an extremely weakened Dublin team there could be problems ahead for Down  ;)

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

Quote from: Jinxy on March 23, 2011, 10:05:07 AM
Goawnowadah!

Nonsense young Jinxy!

Down returning to form at just the right time, Dublin's rookie defence ripe to be torn to pieces by the Clarke/Coulter double act, it won't be pretty.

PAULD123

Ah come on now Heffo. I am fairly confident we can win but I'm not expecting it to be a breeze. I would expect us to have slightly more possession and therefore slightly more scores (as both defences are fairly open). But anyone who reads this forum regularly knows I've been wrong before.

heffo

Only slagging Paul - should be a good game and with the Hurling on before it a good evening's entertainment

western exile

Quote from: heffo on March 23, 2011, 04:08:22 PM
Only slagging Paul - should be a good game and with the Hurling on before it a good evening's entertainment
Yes indeed.  If only they hadn't also booked Jedward  >:(

PAULD123

Who would people like to see in the starting team? Do people fancy we play our championship side or start more support players? Carr, Murtagh, Laverty, John Clarke, Howard, Doyle, McCardle, even Sexton are all deserving of a chance. But personally I'm quite greedy, I'd like to see our best 15 go out and give it our best lash