Big Joe in line for the Galway job

Started by tyronefan, August 27, 2009, 09:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D4S

Just deleted my last point as I believe i was VERY WRONG! Chatting to a good source just now and JK has actually already taken a training session with Galway which hasn't been mentioned yet here....but apologies if it was in the radio edit at the beginning of the thread I didnt listen to it!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

ziggysego

Quote from: D4S on August 27, 2009, 04:39:41 PM
Just deleted my last point as I believe i was VERY WRONG! Chatting to a good source just now and JK has actually already taken a training session with Galway which hasn't been mentioned yet here....but apologies if it was in the radio edit at the beginning of the thread I didnt listen to it!

So much for him no managing another county team, whilst his sons play for Armagh. Unless.... maybe he doesn't expect Armagh to get too far over the next few years ;)
Testing Accessibility

INDIANA

Quote from: ziggysego on August 27, 2009, 05:08:35 PM

So much for him no managing another county team, whilst his sons play for Armagh. Unless.... maybe he doesn't expect Armagh to get too far over the next few years ;)

its alright ziggy I'm going to get some mileage out of this one. What people don't realise is he's very interested in another job as well- all in good time maybe!

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on August 27, 2009, 05:31:20 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 27, 2009, 05:08:35 PM

its alright ziggy I'm going to get some mileage out of this one. What people don't realise is he's very interested in another job as well- all in good time maybe!

Dubs ?

DuffleKing

Indiana is under some misconception that we could  give a shite if joe managed someone else. could care less.

what he can't grasp is that we are pointing out he has said that himself.

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 27, 2009, 06:45:36 PM

Indiana is under some misconception that we could  give a shite if joe managed someone else. could care less.

Exactly
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

DuffleKing

he also thinks that he's "in the know" because he knows joe hasn't exactly distanced himself when mentioned in terms of the dublin job previously - and made a few private overtures too

INDIANA

Quote from: DuffleKing on August 27, 2009, 06:45:36 PM

Ouch -touched a nerve there. Some nordies are good at giving it but not so good when the shoe is on the other foot. ;D

DuffleKing

what exactly are you trying to get at us with?

I think any nerves touched may be due to the realization that you're still posting. every minute that passes without a self important post from you is a minute with hope...

Farrandeelin

Where the frig are the Galway people on this? It had turned into a Fearon v Tyrone thread!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ziggysego

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 27, 2009, 07:21:17 PM
Where the frig are the Galway people on this? It had turned into a Fearon v Tyrone thread!

I'll be interested in seeing what the fall-outs will be of the Down v Mayo game ;)
Testing Accessibility

An Fhairche Abu

Don't most threads involving the Nordies?

This is pure speculation for the moment, I think it's better to see if he is appointed at all and then comment on his suitability for the post.
Whoever gets the job they have a tough station ahead of them regardless.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ziggysego on August 27, 2009, 08:04:59 PM

I'll be interested in seeing what the fall-outs will be of the Down v Mayo game ;)

I bet you will. ;D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Not much to say really. It's all just speculation at this point. I'm still trying to figure out if he'd be a good appointment or not. His record is certainly impressive on the face of it but he'd certainly need some local help as well as while he might know the senior Galway players I'm sure his knowledge of who might be of use to him from the local club scene would understandably be limited.

Difficult to argue with his record in fairness. Granted maybe Armagh should have won another AI but they were remarkably consistent for many years but whether he can invest the same passion and energy into another county remains to be seen.

Louth Exile

I'll dispute that one!!!

Do any of the bookies offer a market on these things, the way that they do on every soccer manager??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com