Best Footballer in Ireland..

Started by 5 Sams, November 08, 2008, 02:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

..right lads gimme your views.

Cavanagh is probably the most high profile ...and is one of the best exponents of the game today ...BUT...is he better than Tomas...Mattie...Canty..Benny..Clucko...what constitutes the best player in the land??

Take a moment in time this year and ask yourself...fcuk me me that's the best player in the country................

Just wonderin like???
The Aristocrat Years

TacadoirArdMhacha

Wouldn't swop anybody for Stevie McDonnell.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

T O Hare

If Benny was a born in the 60's he would have walked onto the team of the milllennium.. best all round player !!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Doire abú

While I agree Benny Coulter is an unbelievable player and one of the great goal getters of all time, I would have thought that his relatively low point scoring tallies would definetly stop him getting on the team of the millenium?!

PadraicHenryPearse

D. O'Shea is one player i would want on my team above all others.

Aaron Boone

Norf Tyrone

Despite the commentary in the original thread it still would be secretary Cavanagh for me.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hardy

The best player I saw this year was John Galvin of Limerick. It must be a long time since Limerick had two nominations in a discussion like this.

corn02

Perhaps not the best footballer, but Cavanagh was easily the best player this season.

downgirl

Quote from: Doire abú on November 08, 2008, 03:27:16 AM
While I agree Benny Coulter is an unbelievable player and one of the great goal getters of all time, I would have thought that his relatively low point scoring tallies would definetly stop him getting on the team of the millenium?!

Low scores yes but think about it this year was the longest run Down have had in the championship for a good number of years.

DownFanatic

Darragh O'Shea is the best all rounder in the country at the moment. However, rose tinted spectacles aside, I think Benny Coulter is currently the best technical footballer on this island. Of course, Cavanagh is up there aswell and he is certainly the most high profile.

FromAFar

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 08, 2008, 02:39:04 AM

Cavanagh is probably the most high profile ...and is one of the best exponents of the game today ...BUT...is he better than Tomas...Mattie...Canty..Benny..Clucko...what constitutes the best player in the land??

Take a moment in time this year and ask yourself...fcuk me me that's the best player in the country................

Just wonderin like???

Forgive my ignorance, but can you confirm who is clucko?? Im thinkin our very own ryan mccluskey.....?

nrico2006

The gooch is the best at the minute.  Cavanaghs strength is his ability to roast a man, but he is an all rounder who can catch and his score taking ability is second to none.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

armagh leg-end

oisin mcconville has to be up there.

he has played some football and has some honours!
Ard Mhacha Abu

J70

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 08, 2008, 02:39:04 AM

Just wonderin like???

Who the f**k is "Clucko"?  ???