Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Ballinaman through halfway in 1:22

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2017, 10:44:06 AM
Ballinaman through halfway in 1:22

Is there a tracker link? I've couple friends running wouldn't mind tracking them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

https://track.rtrt.me/e/TDL-DUBLINM-2017

There is also a live stream on youtube. Garyo'hanlon won the irish title -218 ish. Scullion 2nd. Just under 220.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2017, 11:21:47 AM

There is also a live stream on youtube. Garyo'hanlon won the irish title -218 ish. Scullion 2nd. Just under 220.

Cheers
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 29, 2017, 11:21:47 AM

Watching it on YouTube

laoislad

Just back from the Phoenix Park. Great atmosphere there. Didn't see ballinaman but fairly sure I saw bingo go through.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Ballinaman just crossed finishline on the YouTube stream.

imtommygunn

He ran 252. Correction to earlier... Freddy sittuk won irish championship not gary o'hanlon who was second.

laoislad

Bingo ran 2:48  some running.

ballinaman

Tough day at the office ! No guts no glory as they say!
Felt mighty until 13 and was sticking to pace well.
Working too hard then from 13-17 and felt like shite from there on.
4 minutes faster than last time I did Dublin in 2012....
Dublin is a tough tough course, was fairly warm today too.
Bingo clipped by me on the UCD fly over ...savage run.
Marathon is a epic race , anything can happen. Might go to Boston in 2019 but might just stick to Berlin or Amsterdam for next crack at PB.

laoislad

Milltown Row2

Nuts!! Was tracking two friends, and watching on YouTube! The commentator was saying nothing beats a stout after the race! So enjoy them!

Yeah BM shows you the contrasting times from Amsterdam and Dublin... the extra gradient makes some difference..

ballinaman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 29, 2017, 02:17:41 PM
Nuts!! Was tracking two friends, and watching on YouTube! The commentator was saying nothing beats a stout after the race! So enjoy them!

Yeah BM shows you the contrasting times from Amsterdam and Dublin... the extra gradient makes some difference..
Definitely, it's a stinger of a course. Felt like I was in much better shape than Amsterdam too, but that's the beauty of the marathon...all bets are off!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 24, 2017, 11:45:20 AM
I have a friend who is asking me to enter the marathon as a late entry as his friend can't do it now. I haven't trained specifically for the marathon but i run quite a bit and done a 10mile lately in 74mins.

I have never done a marathon but have done a couple of half marathons and my longest ever run was about 18mile.

Is it possible or would I be mad to do it?

I did it!

Was well chuffed cause I got a 3:53 - Was so nervous about what was ahead at the start but great to get finished. Great Event - don't think i'l do another :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 30, 2017, 02:44:59 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on October 24, 2017, 11:45:20 AM
I have a friend who is asking me to enter the marathon as a late entry as his friend can't do it now. I haven't trained specifically for the marathon but i run quite a bit and done a 10mile lately in 74mins.

I have never done a marathon but have done a couple of half marathons and my longest ever run was about 18mile.

Is it possible or would I be mad to do it?

I did it!

Was well chuffed cause I got a 3:53 - Was so nervous about what was ahead at the start but great to get finished. Great Event - don't think i'l do another :)

Brilliant time well done, my friend finished at the exact time! She'd be a runner for the Dub i think