Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: JoG2 on December 16, 2021, 01:01:16 PM
Having to press the Christmas lights 7 times to make them static.

That's what comes of getting flash lights  :)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rudi on December 16, 2021, 12:43:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2021, 11:27:12 AM
It wouldn't make a matter what type of punishment was used, and I can think of plenty we'd like to be used on these people, it wouldn't stop it unfortunately.

People that are unfit to look after children shouldn't have children, simple. ]How you go about that is the hard part, continued assessment, spot checks, a points method. It won't stop that random out of the blue killing but will certainly reduce the continued abuse.

Social workers are getting a lot of flack and when they are wrong, they should be brought to task over it, but a few things to consider, their workload is way above it should be, the cases they look after won't allow them to do the job right.

Abusers are lairs, and very good at it, painting a lovely picture and ticking the right boxes.

All complaints should be thoroughly followed up by the case handler and someone who hasn't seen them before, social workers need to build rapport and confidence from their 'patients' if not they will not get what they need, another fresh eye will see things the case handler won't see.

None of this is possible if they don't fund it and encourage people into the job, I'd say its a horrible job, which has a toll on the mental health of those social workers as well.

The awful thing is I avoid these stories, its not good for the soul

Ah jaysus MR2, a legal minefield. Defining unfit is open to interpretation & abuse. If you split up with your missus, you could be vindictive & deem her unfit, say shes batshit . Unfit could be low IQ parents, homeless parents, poor parents, would feeding your children a poor diet be unfit, would leaving a 10 year old 10mins in the house alone while you go to local shop, not vaccinating children against Covid. Heaps of criteria & bureaucracy.
I know a case where a very active 14 month old, had a medical condition where he bruised easily, the parents were fantastic & Tulsa ended up getting involved. The mother who was a medical healthcare professional was distraught & it had a lasting effect on here mental health & over time proved that medication the child was taking for conjunctivitis caused low platelets in blood, leading to child bruising easily.
Its a difficult one regarding legalities, you have to be 100% certain abuse is taking place, before a child can be removed from parents.

I said how you do that is the hard part... But abusive parents need to know that the children have to come first.  Yes it  can be open wrong at times, but with proper assessments be it medically like you have said have to come into play.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal Maguire

That drives me round the twist
Careful now

JoG2

Quote from: armaghniac on December 16, 2021, 01:09:26 PM

That's what comes of getting flash lights  :)

You would think they were the only lights you can buy in our house!

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 16, 2021, 01:44:07 PM
That drives me round the twist

1 2 3 4 5 6 7, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ;D

Itchy

https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/parents-warned-of-hacking-risk-from-minecraft-41146812.html

Parents have been warned that their kids' use of Minecraft on family computers could let in a new deadly security virus.

Deadly viruses are now possible to catch through your computer it seems.

imtommygunn

Lol. That is apparently the worst bug to hit the internet. So it is said. I am currently spending my life fixing it  :o

93-DY-SAM

The old Log4J exploit. Keeping a lot of people very busy this past week or so!

imtommygunn

I laughed when I read this. There are security companies writing blogs on how to fix it and publishing who haven't even updated their own stuff lol.

laoislad

What's this about. The young lad is forever in Minecraft on a Nintendo Switch. Have I anything to be worried about??!!!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerrykeegan

What age is he? My lads were hooked on it for a long time but we always restricted the time. I only did this as my nephew ended up in a&e years ago. He was playing for hours and hours. One of those shooting games. His body went into a type of spasm because of it. Like cramping up. Minecraft itself is the least violent of them. They just build stuff
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Itchy

Quote from: laoislad on December 16, 2021, 04:33:39 PM
What's this about. The young lad is forever in Minecraft on a Nintendo Switch. Have I anything to be worried about??!!!

Well it is deadly so it could wipe out your family unless you install the correct patch.

laoislad

Quote from: Itchy on December 16, 2021, 04:44:13 PM

Well it is deadly so it could wipe out your family unless you install the correct patch.
Anyway I could just get it to wipe out the wife and leave the rest of us?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mad Mentor

It's the ones who only press the button 6 times - the mad setting - who get me.

J70

There are worse games.

My lad won't play Minecraft on the switch. Reckons that version is shit compared to the PC version, so we have a gaming laptop too. Switch is for Mario and Super Smash Bros etc.

Kids these days. I think I was in my teens when I got my first cassette player!

Dire Ear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59695030
Mother leaves 2 sets of twins (3 and 4 years old) alone, all four die.......