Started by thejuice, April 10, 2023, 01:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Between 1891 and 2002 Dublin won 42 Leinster titles
Between 2005 and now Dublin won 18.

The difference is competition.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

full moon

Nobody's beating Dublin in Croker playing like that, only maybe Kerry.

You need them out in provincial grounds without the home comforts, and fair refereeing. Then we might get a competitive match....maybe!

mup

Quote from: Hound on May 14, 2023, 06:44:05 PM
Quote from: mup on May 14, 2023, 06:10:30 PM
Quote from: Hound on May 14, 2023, 06:05:50 PM
Quote from: mup on May 14, 2023, 05:56:55 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 14, 2023, 04:45:01 PM
Dublin Croke Park advantage needs addressing, not that it would stop them much.

Surely they aren't going to get 2 home matches in Sam Maguire groups? Even Leinster semi final has no business in Croker.

I would not have QFs in Croker either if they are

Did they get their dressing room of choice today? And I presume they wamed up at Hill 16 end.
They did. It made all the difference.

Although disappointed to hear Louth also got a Hogan Stand dressing room, which is identical in all respects to the one the Dubs had. The Cusack Stand ones are a little bit smaller, but Louth didn't have to suffer that.

At least it'll be Kildare with all these crucial advantages in the round robin. Maybe you'll comment on the game, but given you never go to any of the games, I'd say that's unlikely and you'll be your usual bitter self. Still no positive comment about the U20s. You didn't even watch the game.

And here's me thinking the dressing rooms were allocated alphabetically.
That's a good idea to think before you post. You should try and do that more often.

Yep, they are.

Hogan Stand 1 and 2 are identical. The Cusack Stand ones are also identical to each other but slightly smaller than the Hogan Stand ones. When there is just one game on, both teams get the Hogan Stand dressing rooms. When there are two games on, the teams playing in the first game get the Cusack Stand dressing rooms.

Then how did Dublin get same dressing room today?

Eire90

do dublin and kerry even do speeches anymore when winning provincial titles

Rossfan

As some Kerry player once said "Put me down as saying whatever I said last year"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Hill is Blue

Awesome display by the Dubs today. It was a pleasure to watch them. Once they broke Louth's early grip on the game the Dubs were devastating throughout the field. Louth were totally outclassed, but in fairness they battled to the end. One sour note was the insistent booing by the Louth supporters of the Dublin free-takers - although I don't think that it caused frees to be missed.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Tubberman

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on May 14, 2023, 09:26:44 PM
Awesome display by the Dubs today. It was a pleasure to watch them. Once they broke Louth's early grip on the game the Dubs were devastating throughout the field. Louth were totally outclassed, but in fairness they battled to the end. One sour note was the insistent booing by the Louth supporters of the Dublin free-takers - although I don't think that it caused frees to be missed.

Well you're one of the few that are enthusiastic about it - there weren't too many Dubs that could muster up the enthusiasm to wander down to watch it.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Tubberman on May 14, 2023, 09:32:24 PM

Well you're one of the few that are enthusiastic about it - there weren't too many Dubs that could muster up the enthusiasm to wander down to watch it.

There was a crowd of 40,000 at the game with about half that number from Dublin. Not bad really.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

BrotherMore6592

Never heard the hill or any Dublin support ever enforce soccer antics in fairness to them, they wouldnt stoop to that level of booing

Milltown Row2

There is a more 'luckier' changing room in the Hogan stand, as you go in from the pitch the one on the left is the one that's had the most wins apparently
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: seafoid on May 14, 2023, 06:48:46 PM

Some day we hope to overtake Kerry's 82 Munster titles.  Be a while coming though.

Jell 0 Biafra

Surely they aren't going to get 2 home matches in Sam Maguire groups? Even Leinster semi final has no business in Croker.

Whatever about AI series games (and I agree with you that Dublin's ones should be outside of Dublin), the Leinster Council is the body that decides where Dublin's games will be held. And its near unanimous decision is Croke Park.   

trailer

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 15, 2023, 12:44:34 AM

Whatever about AI series games (and I agree with you that Dublin's ones should be outside of Dublin), the Leinster Council is the body that decides where Dublin's games will be held. And its near unanimous decision is Croke Park.

If Dublin had have played Louth on Mickey Harte's front lawn they would still have won by 20 points or whatever it was.
Dublin get nothing out of steamrolling Leinster. Get them into the Ulster Championship. The Leinster Championship would probably be deadly if Dublin weren't in it.

mup

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on May 15, 2023, 12:41:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 14, 2023, 06:48:46 PM

Some day we hope to overtake Kerry's 82 Munster titles.  Be a while coming though.

Thats like comparing Apples and Oranges. Munster is a hurling province. Kerry only really have Cork to worry about. The majority of Cork people don't have a hoot about football aside from West Cork.

Captain Obvious