Quote from: NotedObserver on July 14, 2022, 11:29:35 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 14, 2022, 11:12:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2022, 09:04:24 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 14, 2022, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 14, 2022, 09:37:06 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on July 14, 2022, 09:28:24 AM
Ach we were well beat and the scoreline flattered us, but good progress made

Derry don't often win the Ulster title and it's  a good foundation to build on

They will implode. It's Derry. They always implode.
One swallow does not a summer make.
Tyrone only got 2 all stars in 2018, the year of the all Ireland final. It took another 2 years of mediocrity before the prize

It took a season of mediocrity to claim the prize. They were the best of an average lot!

This year another season of mediocrity. Tyrone of last year would have beat the Kerry team at the weekend.
Kerry under O'Connor and Tally are defending better this year, Might score one goal however between slim and none that they would concede three goals again to Tyrone.

Mmm not so sure. Dublin would have beat them with con and looked a nervous side in the 2nd half.

blanketattack

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 14, 2022, 11:47:05 PM

Tyrone only got 2 all stars in 2018, the year of the all Ireland final. It took another 2 years of mediocrity before the prize

It took a season of mediocrity to claim the prize. They were the best of an average lot!

This year another season of mediocrity. Tyrone of last year would have beat the Kerry team at the weekend.
Kerry under O'Connor and Tally are defending better this year, Might score one goal however between slim and none that they would concede three goals again to Tyrone.
Yeah, also this year's Kerry team would have had a lot less loss of possessions from bringing the ball into contact compared to last year. That benefits Kerry twofold, from scoring more by patiently working the ball into scoreable positions instead of going into blind alleys and conceding less from quick counters after loss of possessions.

trailer

Feel free to go and win it then.
The old Derry mentality always looking for excuses. For someone to blame. You only won it cause everyone else was shit. A county of excuses of bluffers. When you did win it in 93 they couldn't wait to knife Coleman and get rid. A bunch of spoofers.

Gael80

I'm not sure about that, any All Ireland is hard to win and deserves respect. However the standard has signficantly increased this year on last, with new teams adding depth to the championship.

Dublin were unlucky to lose Con but I'd say this years Dublin, Kerry, Galway, Derry and Armagh teams would of given Tyrone of last year more than a game.

trailer

Quote from: Gael80 on July 15, 2022, 11:32:34 AM

I'm not sure about that, any All Ireland is hard to win and deserves respect. However the standard has signficantly increased this year on last, with new teams adding depth to the championship.

Dublin were unlucky to lose Con but I'd say this years Dublin, Kerry, Galway, Derry and Armagh teams would of given Tyrone of last year more than a game.

Kerry, Monaghan and Mayo all gave Tyrone games. They won two of them games by a point! Any team that wins an AI from Ulster deserves huge respect. It is the hardest province to win and to go and beat the best of the rest deserves huge respect. Unlike Munster or Leinster there are no soft AIs won by Ulster teams.

Gael80

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2022, 11:39:07 AM

Kerry, Monaghan and Mayo all gave Tyrone games. They won two of them games by a point! Any team that wins an AI from Ulster deserves huge respect. It is the hardest province to win and to go and beat the best of the rest deserves huge respect. Unlike Munster or Leinster there are no soft AIs won by Ulster teams.

I don't disagree in the sense any All Ireland is hard to win, and those winners deserve respect for being the best that particular year.

It's all opinions but I think Kerry have developed further in a year, as have very good Galway and Armagh teams with Dublin settling in the championship, to almost get near their previous levels, luck with injuries cost them.

Tyrone of last year would of competed well this year and went close but not sure they would of beat the current Kerry, Dublin or Galway teams in particular; the 2022 championship has been very good in my opinion with a lot of quality and depth. The 2023 championship will be stronger again, we have a good few years ahead for football.

blanketattack

Quote from: Gael80 on July 15, 2022, 11:49:01 AM

I don't disagree in the sense any All Ireland is hard to win, and those winners deserve respect for being the best that particular year.

It's all opinions but I think Kerry have developed further in a year, as have very good Galway and Armagh teams with Dublin settling in the championship, to almost get near their previous levels, luck with injuries cost them.

Tyrone of last year would of competed well this year and went close but not sure they would of beat the current Kerry, Dublin or Galway teams in particular; the 2022 championship has been very good in my opinion with a lot of quality and depth. The 2023 championship will be stronger again, we have a good few years ahead for football.

Well said, makes a nonsense out of "last year's Tyrone would beat this year's Kerry"

trailer

They beat this years Kerry in Kerry only months ago! Like you said it's all opinions but there are also facts

blanketattack

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2022, 12:07:47 PM

They beat this years Kerry in Kerry only months ago! Like you said it's all opinions but there are also facts

Because league games between Tyrone and Kerry are a great indicator of Championship form🙄, especially when one team is fighting for league survival and the other is resting players in a dead rubber game for them, a week before the league final

Gael80

Adding a bit of balance the dynamics of that game were poles apart for both teams.

trailer

Quote from: Gael80 on July 15, 2022, 12:50:45 PM

Adding a bit of balance the dynamics of that game were poles apart for both teams.

OK just so I get this right. Tyrone beat last years Kerry, but this years Tyrone wouldn't beat this years Kerry even though this years Tyrone did beat them in Kerry earlier in the year.
You lads are f**king mental.

clarshack

Quote from: blanketattack on July 15, 2022, 12:15:13 PM
Because league games between Tyrone and Kerry are a great indicator of Championship form🙄, especially when one team is fighting for league survival and the other is resting players in a dead rubber game for them, a week before the league final

Who were Kerry resting that day? David Moran and Seanie O'Shea were out injured and didn't play in the final either.
Kerry had a very strong team lined out that day imo. If they were going to rest anyone it would have been David Clifford but they didn't.

thebuzz

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2022, 11:30:39 AM

Feel free to go and win it then.
The old Derry mentality always looking for excuses. For someone to blame. You only won it cause everyone else was shit. A county of excuses of bluffers. When you did win it in 93 they couldn't wait to knife Coleman and get rid. A bunch of spoofers.
Trailer, I don't see any Derry posters in these replies except for one saying we were well beaten?

Silver hill

Quote from: trailer on July 15, 2022, 01:08:37 PM
Quote from: Gael80 on July 15, 2022, 12:50:45 PM

OK just so I get this right. Tyrone beat last years Kerry, but this years Tyrone wouldn't beat this years Kerry even though this years Tyrone did beat them in Kerry earlier in the year.
You lads are f**king mental.

Trailer, if you can't see that Tyrone 21 were a shadow of Tyrone 22....well, all chance of rational conversation is out the window. It's night and day man.

RedHand88

Think you mean Tyrone 22 were a shadow of Tyrone 21.

Which is true, so can people please stop saying Tyrone 21 were the worst champions ever. You cannot compare them to this years squad.