Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

The whole disciplinary system needs a complete overhaul. Why do some players receive match bans and others a time ban? The irony is that Tiernan Kelly will be available for the start of the League whilst Nugent (who done nothing) and McCabe won't.

Then you also wonder on what basis Kelly received 6 months whilst Philly McMahon received one match for the same offence a few years ago. Is there now a new punishment in the rule book for gouging? It seems like the GAA have dished out a suspension in line with the media reaction rather than apply their own rules fairly.

tonto1888

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 12:59:10 PM
Armagh have said they are accepting their punishment so mustn't be appealing. Anything announced for tiernan kelly?

6 months I'm hearing

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on July 01, 2022, 01:00:09 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 12:38:08 PM
No dirt in nugent or Kelly. It's kind of mind boggling what the ref was at in the first place and why this, even if it is temporary, being held up.
The match had to go on.The Ref didn't have a TV ref or time for video analysis.
Sending off the 2 gave the impression of doing something and allowing the match to continue while leaving time to investigate afterwards-

Nonsense. You can't just arbitrarily pick two people out. Extremely unjust.

Kelly, Armagh, shouldn't have been near the pitch either which I assume was a factor. I honestly thought he would get more.

brokencrossbar1

Whatever the sanctions are the Armagh CB have released a statement accepting them. Proper order too. Case closed move on

armaghniac

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 01, 2022, 01:12:55 PM
Armagh have said they are accepting their punishment so mustn't be appealing. Anything announced for tiernan kelly?

6 months I'm hearing

6 months from when? 6 months from now does not affect inter-county at all.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on July 01, 2022, 01:24:09 PM

6 months I'm hearing

Certain infractions and suspensions go across all codes and levels. He will be banned from all activity for 6 months technically

galwayman

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 01, 2022, 01:27:14 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 01, 2022, 01:24:09 PM

6 months I'm hearing

Certain infractions and suspensions go across all codes and levels. He will be banned from all activity for 6 months technically
Thought he would get a year tbh

imtommygunn

Big impact for his club though. I thought he might have got the 96 weeks. Honestly think the disproportionate response on social media may have got more leniency for him.

yellowcard

Six months from the date of the offence otherwise the suspension would be more than 6 months!

I agree with the county board approach of just accepting the punishment and drawing a line under it, the negative PR just isn't worth the hassle of appealing the Nugent suspension which they would get overturned. Even if it means another victory for the media and the pitchfork brigade.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 01:34:10 PM
Big impact for his club though. I thought he might have got the 96 weeks. Honestly think the disproportionate response on social media may have got more leniency for him.

No real impact on his club as due to the nature of his injury he probably wouldn't have played much this year anyway.

imtommygunn

Oh. Kind of doesn't feel right if that suspension really means nothing.

seafoid

Quote from: galwayman on July 01, 2022, 01:06:21 PM
No dirt in nugent or Kelly. It's kind of mind boggling what the ref was at in the first place and why this, even if it is temporary, being held up.
Sending off the 2 gave the impression of doing something and allowing the match to continue while leaving time to investigate afterwards-
Doesn't change the fact that it was a ridiculous decision by Coldrick.
Of course it was. Do the GAA have the infrastructure to deal with this on the spot? It doesn't look like it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Baile Brigín 2

Armagh18

What good is giving the impression? Either do nothing and let the Cccc sort it later or send off the first two lads, (Morgan and Comer) not two lads you didnt see doing anything at all wrong