Kerry v Mayo AIQF 26th June 4pm Croke Park

Started by highorlow, June 13, 2022, 12:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Coen, AOS and COC all starting together gives Kerry a speed advantage.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ONeill

If Clifford doesn't play, can see the wideboys doing a Tyrone '08 in the quarters and announcing themselves as contenders.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 25, 2022, 01:21:38 PM
No ROD, or Darren McHale on the bench.
The Mayo bench.

Rory Byrne, Padraig O'Hora, Rory Brickenden, Donnacha McHugh, Conor O'Shea, Fergal Boland, Aiden Orme, Jason Doherty, Kevin McLoughlin, Mark Moran, Paul Towey.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

I'm lucky to have the 'luxury' of having a sister living in the capital so I came up last night after the minor game.

Safe travels to all the fans travelling today from all four counties involved. On the game itself, I have tried to imagine a scenario of a Mayo win, but I can't. I don't expect our lads to have a league final flop either, but simply Kerry's forwards are better than ours and will probably do the business that bit better. We'll probably know after 10 minutes or so how it'll pan out, i.e. if Mayo are trailing by 2 points and fighting for every ball that goes their way, then it could be interesting. If Mayo find themselves in a 5 or 6 point deficit, then it could be worse. If Mayo are 5 or 6 points up, then anything I say above is irrelavant in this paragraph. ;D

A lot of people from other counties rate Keegan very highly. Everyone in Mayo does. I just hope it's not his last day in the Green and Red (or black and blue as it'll be today). I'm not suggesting he will retire after this year, but time and tide waits for no man. Neither does the chance of winning an All-Ireland medal. Up Mayo.

Armagh18

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 26, 2022, 07:44:59 AM
I'm lucky to have the 'luxury' of having a sister living in the capital so I came up last night after the minor game.

Safe travels to all the fans travelling today from all four counties involved. On the game itself, I have tried to imagine a scenario of a Mayo win, but I can't. I don't expect our lads to have a league final flop either, but simply Kerry's forwards are better than ours and will probably do the business that bit better. We'll probably know after 10 minutes or so how it'll pan out, i.e. if Mayo are trailing by 2 points and fighting for every ball that goes their way, then it could be interesting. If Mayo find themselves in a 5 or 6 point deficit, then it could be worse. If Mayo are 5 or 6 points up, then anything I say above is irrelavant in this paragraph. ;D

A lot of people from other counties rate Keegan very highly. Everyone in Mayo does. I just hope it's not his last day in the Green and Red (or black and blue as it'll be today). I'm not suggesting he will retire after this year, but time and tide waits for no man. Neither does the chance of winning an All-Ireland medal. Up Mayo.
If we get knocked out I'll be cheering for Mayo. That man deserves his all ireland. Absolute warrior, total class act.

highorlow

QuoteRory Byrne, Padraig O'Hora, Rory Brickenden, Donnacha McHugh, Conor O'Shea, Fergal Boland, Aiden Orme, Jason Doherty, Kevin McLoughlin, Mark Moran, Paul Towey.

Knowing JH he will probably put Mark Moran on with 3 mins to go when we are 6 points down.

This will be hard viewing for us today I reckon, then again they've surprised and surpassed expectations before . The shit weather might suit the like of Coen, Flynn, AOS and the O'Connors. Bring on those thunder showers ...
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J70

Are things really as negative among the broad Mayo support as Malachy Clerkin is saying in his weekend piece?

I guess like anything its all relative and its about expectations and what you're used to, and last year's final had to be a serious gut punch, but most counties would kill to have the team Mayo do.

The Donegal public has turned in a similar way, but we're not getting to AI finals and semis every year.

The people Clerkin was quoting said it was about the style of football, so I guess that's a common detail in what's turning people off (not saying the styles are similar as I'd love Donegal to be as aggressive and dynamic as Mayo often are).

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on June 26, 2022, 12:51:52 PM
Are things really as negative among the broad Mayo support as Malachy Clerkin is saying in his weekend piece?

I guess like anything its all relative and its about expectations and what you're used to, and last year's final had to be a serious gut punch, but most counties would kill to have the team Mayo do.

The Donegal public has turned in a similar way, but we're not getting to AI finals and semis every year.

The people Clerkin was quoting said it was about the style of football, so I guess that's a common detail in what's turning people off (not saying the styles are similar as I'd love Donegal to be as aggressive and dynamic as Mayo often are).

Ah, you can have only so much of semi-finals and finals without an definitive end product. It's about time the Mayo fan got angry. The it's all about the journey has worn thin.

Mayo4Sam14

Today is the day for AOS, stick him on David Moran
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

NotedObserver

Wildweasel74

Moran even playing? . Nobody harder on mayo players than their supporters. I think, if they can find a scoring full forward, Conroy bck nxt Year, Mayo, still be difficult to beat. The years of close calls are used to beat this teams with, but Dublin would beat any other team in those years when they won 8/10 titles .Mayo to me could won 2/3 in a different Era.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Crete Boom

McLoughlin in for James Carr only change for Mayo.