Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

What a mess of a performance by Clare. Losing conlon before the throw in wouldn't have helped. The shooting from long range was brutal, they should have worked the ball closer in before shooting.

Kilkenny on the other hand were very slick, skillful and confident. They will be looking forward to the final.

Farrandeelin

Fair fucks to KK and Cody. Have they the talent to win it out? Probably not, but workrate...definitely.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Apart from.Luimneach, there isn't much difference between Munster and Leinster.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gmac

After all his and Kilkenny's success Cody can still get the disrespected underdog performance from his teams , might not be enough to beat limerick if they get there but he's a master of the psychological side of game .game.

Saffrongael

Say what you want but more often than not Cody has his team to the right pitch, I can't remember seeing them play as badly as Clare did today. It was some brainless stuff from them. Short passing and then taking the low percentage shot from out the field
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Tony Baloney

Not long back from it and I think we picked the wrong SF. The bookies had it tight with Clare narrow favourites but it was a disastrous outing for Clare. 24 wides is a shocking statistic. Some drive back to Clare after watching your team put on a show like that.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Was a poor a performance I've seen in long time

Capt Pat

Todays match reminds me of the 1994 Munster final between Clare and Limerick which I was at. Limerick beat a fancied Clare side 25 points to 2 goals and 10 for Clare. A year later and we all know what happened. Clare overpowered Limerick to win and went on to win the All Ireland.

I don't see Kilkenny gooing on to win the All Ireland this year. Could Clare win the All Ireland next year?

marty34

Were KK very good or Clare very poor, or was it a mixture of both? That's the question.

The interview with Cody after is telling. He seems happy, if Cody can be happy. He even picked a few players out for praise before qualifying it. He knew it was a big game and KK delivered.

T.J., again dominated and still has so much to offer in open play. Created a lot of scores and chipped in with 3 from play. Their shot selection was good. Man in the best position always got the ball. Adrian Mullan unreal again. Must get an All-Star at this stage. Another 4 or 5 points from play. Finds pockets of space very cleverly.

Defence was very good. Never realy, apart from once, offered a goal scoring opportunity to Clare. Huw Lawlor really impresses me - a Cody like full back. Butler did a job on TK. As I said, needs a really focused player to do that. Very discliplined. Deegan does the simple things well but sometimes takes too much out of yet and then throws out a loose hand pass and coughs the ball up. He's a soldier but needs to tidy that up.

Mossie K's place may be under pressure. Train8ng will be interesting over the next 10 days.

Murphy's puck outs were varied and decent enough. The option is always there to go long to T.J. and Wally.

Clare were very flat. Never got going. Davy Fitz and Diarmuid Ryan showed well early on but needed more help. The goal they conceded just before half-time killed the game. Supporters never really got a chance to get behind Clare.

Losing Conlon in the warm up disrupted them more than people thought. He is a key player. A big loss, especially in the air. He's a good holding No. 6. Fitzpatrick didn't get into it at all and was subbed. KK moved their forwards about and it unsettled the Clare defenders.

No interview from Lohan at the end. He should have faced the music, however gutted he was. Maybe the Munster series took a lot out of them. KK just know how to time everything correctly. I'd say Clare, and Lohan, will be the better for this experience next year. Croke Park really is a different place, and an inforgiving one at times!

Need a big game from Shefflin and Galway today.

seafoid

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 02, 2022, 10:51:29 PM
Todays match reminds me of the 1994 Munster final between Clare and Limerick which I was at. Limerick beat a fancied Clare side 25 points to 2 goals and 10 for Clare. A year later and we all know what happened. Clare overpowered Limerick to win and went on to win the All Ireland.

I don't see Kilkenny gooing on to win the All Ireland this year. Could Clare win the All Ireland next year?
Or the 84 centenary final. Cork hammered Offaly. Offaly won the following year. All depends on what Clare learn.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

full moon

What a class atmosphere and seems a great game this minor hurling all Ireland final with Offaly Tipperary

Gael80

Quote from: full moon on July 03, 2022, 02:03:53 PM
What a class atmosphere and seems a great game this minor hurling all Ireland final with Offaly Tipperary

Serious work going on within Offaly GAA structures, the U20 footballers last season and now this great minor hurling team. Hopefully they can go on to win it today.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

full moon

Quote from: Gael80 on July 03, 2022, 02:10:58 PM
Quote from: full moon on July 03, 2022, 02:03:53 PM

Serious work going on within Offaly GAA structures, the U20 footballers last season and now this great minor hurling team. Hopefully they can go on to win it today.

It's incredible stuff for a county that size. Delighted for them. What an atmosphere they brought today,. a credit.

shantygael

Moment of madness from Corbett,the tipp 13, to throw the hurl. Down to 14 men now when  tipp are trailing.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground