Hurling 2022

Started by Dag Dog, January 17, 2022, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 03:47:12 PM
Even then they struggled though and I beat them when it counted.

I'd love to see them beat Limerick but just couldn't see it.
It all goes in cycles. As long as they made progress this year I would be be happy. There might be an all Ireland in them down the road.   Being in Leinster they have no fear of Kilkenny.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Why does being in Leinster matter as to whether they have a fear of Kilkenny?

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 05:43:06 PM
Why does being in Leinster matter as to whether they have a fear of Kilkenny?
Familiarity. They play them every year.

I remember in the 80s talking to PJ Molloy who played on the 1980 team that won Galway's second all Ireland. He said that the only team they were afraid of was Kilkenny who hammered them in 1979. He got a lot of satisfaction out of beating Kilkenny in the 1987 final.

imtommygunn

Irrelevant if they are getting beat by them.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 06:17:32 PM
Irrelevant if they are getting beat by them.
They aren't, actually . If you go back to 2016 in the Leinster championship, the score is 3-3 with no meeting in 2017.
Kilkenny and Galway are on a similar level.
Galway are playing Limerick and have no chance. Neither would Kilkenny. They are a long way from 2015, even now. 

imtommygunn

Kk won last two Leinster finals - the games that would count . The round robin is warm up to these two teams.That is with a perceived bad kk team. Honestly the familiarity isn't working yet. It should have been with kk on the wane but it's not.

Kk for their weaknesses were last to beat limerick and realistically no one has any chance against Limerick so not sure the relevance.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 07:45:08 PM
Kk won last two Leinster finals - the games that would count . The round robin is warm up to these two teams.That is with a perceived bad kk team. Honestly the familiarity isn't working yet. It should have been with kk on the wane but it's not.

Kk for their weaknesses were last to beat limerick and realistically no one has any chance against Limerick so not sure the relevance.
they beat them in 2019
KK win leinster and get tanked by Limerick. So what ?
They haven't won an all Ireland since 2015 afaik.
If Shefflin makes progress next year and the year after, Galway will win the all Ireland before Kilkenny

yellowcard

Physically Limerick are a whole different level to any other side that has played the game. I don't see anybody getting close to beating them again, they are at the peak of their powers a bit like Dublin footballers they could win quite a few more AI titles yet.

Clare put in an unbelievable performance against them in Munster but I don't think they can replicate that again.

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on July 01, 2022, 08:00:32 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 01, 2022, 07:45:08 PM

they beat them in 2019
KK win leinster and get tanked by Limerick. So what ?
They haven't won an all Ireland since 2015 afaik.
If Shefflin makes progress next year and the year after, Galway will win the all Ireland before Kilkenny

So they beat Galway and win the only title both of them can win.

They have no visible signs of progress this year so far so you are clutching at straws a bit there. I honestly thought you were dreadful in the Leinster final.

I like Galway but I wouldn't be that impressed with where you currently are and I am not sure I see an upward trajectory.

Yc yeah hard to see anybody get near Limerick at all. That's without lynch too.

TheMistro

The Hurley stuff this weekend. Would think Kilkenny and Limerick to win well.

Turf

::)  Hurley stuff ? 

Croke Park looking empty enough with only 30 mins to throw in. Could nearly have had both semi finals the same day or this should have been in Thurles.

Clare are a better team than Kilkenny imo but you couldn't ever rule out a Kilkenny win.

TheMistro

Kilkenny easy money @6/4. . Kilkenny by 10. Coady to bang a couple couple goals.

Wildweasel74

That's abit of a colour clash Jersey wise. Place us half empty tickets are too dear for these games. Most people stay at home watching the game, especially neutrals.

full moon

Disappointing crowd for an all Ireland semi final? Place isn't even half full

full moon

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 02, 2022, 05:38:37 PM
That's abit of a colour clash Jersey wise. Place us half empty tickets are too dear for these games. Most people stay at home watching the game, especially neutrals.
I'd agree €50 isn't it? Not enticing for neutrals