Medical Status of Boardmembers

Started by Ball Hopper, December 19, 2019, 03:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Absolutely brilliant BH. Best news in a long time. Delighted for you.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

whitey

Good man....BH

Your story, in part,, inspired me to have my first colonoscopy  just a week ago.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 08, 2022, 10:52:12 PM
Well folks, I'm delighted to provide an update that was a long time coming - recent test show no sign of any suspicious activity and the medics now consider me to be a member of the public presenting for screening tests only and not as a cancer patient.

Had CT and colonoscopy in the last 10 days and all biopsies negative and healing is continuing nicely.

CT and colonoscopy frequency moves to annually now until summer 2025 (so three more), subject to each one's findings.

No restrictions on diet, just trial and error on what effects me - I'd say the tougher to digest items like steak, lamb, brisket, and raw vegetables will be off my menu for a while, but all cooked veggies and salad leaves are back on (small amounts to start).  Won't have a spicy Chinese for a while either. Still can't process wine for some reason and a pint of cider is barely manageable - not necessarily a bad thing.

Delighted with everything.

It's been a long battle since initial diagnosis in October/November 2019, but the amazing support I've felt has got me through it step by step.

This board has been huge for me - a great place to write down my treatment plans and to soak up the support from complete strangers.  You will never know how much of a difference the posters here made, especially when I kinda struggled to meet my commitments to posting on a regular basis.

I can say now that I see no need in providing any more updates, so I'll end up with the scoreline: 

Ball Hopper 1, Cancer didn't.

Quote from: whitey on August 08, 2022, 11:10:35 PM
Good man....BH

Your story, in part,, inspired me to have my first colonoscopy  just a week ago.

And that makes it all worthwhile for me...good man.

gawa316

Glad to hear your news BH.

Cancer is one bitch...my mother had breast cancer way back in the late 90's and is still going strong. Recently my aunt, my wife's cousin & aunt, and my boss all got diagnosed. Glad to say they are all doing well.

johnnycool

Well done BH. I wish you well.

You've provided and interesting and thought provoking read, something for us all to take onboard.

RedHand88

Milltown Row2

Great stuff BH, and its no coincidence that it happen when Kerry lifted Sam, what a fantastic summer you have had..

We have had some great chats and your support during my darkest days with my dad's and sisters cancer journeys has been uplifting..

So onwards and upwards to you
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jeepers Creepers

Brilliant BH, great news after such a tough journey!

gallsman

Rodders88

Tony Baloney

Delighted to hear this news. You hear so many cases now where it doesn't work out so well so it's great to hear a good news story.

Rossfan

Good news BH, best wishes for future.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

AustinPowers

Great news BH.

You're an inspiration.

illdecide

Great news BH...As we've all said you've been an inspiration over the last few years and many a person would have thrown the towel in. So happy for you...go forth and multiply (only joking you're too old for that). I'm sure you're on cloud 9 and rightly so...Fair play.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch