ukraine regime change

Started by lawnseed, February 23, 2014, 12:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Apparently so on March 03, 2014, 10:53:41 PM
I saw this cracker from John Kerry

"It is really a stunning, willful choice by President Putin to invade another country...You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext."

w**ker

While I am opposed to Russia's actions, the Yanks hypocrisy is blatant, shameless and laughable.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

weareros

Quote from: Hardy on March 03, 2014, 06:39:57 PM
Gilmore on the news threatening Russia. If Vlad is listening - He's only a gobshite, OK? Don't mind us. Sure you probably have an Irish granny.

Nearly up there with The Skibbereen Eagle telling the Czar it was keeping its eye on him...

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 03, 2014, 10:21:40 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 03, 2014, 09:11:36 PM
You see mayo theres that fuking word that causes so much trouble "cultural" culture.. If we are to follow you arguement through then bye bye america bye bye austrailia lets hand the place back to the cultural aboriginal natives lets go walkabout or hunt buffalo.
Ukraine has the same hope of getting rid of russians as we have of getting rid of prods/unionists or grey squirrels.. It aint gonna happen..
Have you seen the protagonists in the last crimean war.. turkey france britian serbia austria/hungary V russia bulgaria romania greece. Where are they now each have had empires all have failed. Just as the western/euro empire will fail

The Tatars were removed by the Soviets, 200,000 between 1941-44 and 240,000 between 1944 and 1947. Hundreds of thousands died.
Why?? Because they were hitlers mates!
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

seafoid

Bit of hot headedness on both sides. The EU and the Yanks can always freeze Putin's money . the Swiss did that to Yanukovich .
The issue seems to be the rights of Russian speakers on the Crimea. 
Surely they can come to some sort of calm that allows Putin to back down with honour. 

seafoid

Quote from: lawnseed on March 04, 2014, 09:05:16 AM
You see mayo theres that fuking word that causes so much trouble "cultural" culture.. If we are to follow you arguement through then bye bye america bye bye austrailia lets hand the place back to the cultural aboriginal natives lets go walkabout or hunt buffalo.
Ukraine has the same hope of getting rid of russians as we have of getting rid of prods/unionists or grey squirrels.. It aint gonna happen..
Have you seen the protagonists in the last crimean war.. turkey france britian serbia austria/hungary V russia bulgaria romania greece. Where are they now each have had empires all have failed. Just as the western/euro empire will fail

The Tatars were removed by the Soviets, 200,000 between 1941-44 and 240,000 between 1944 and 1947. Hundreds of thousands died.
The O'Lawnseed people were enemies of the Crown, back in the 1600s, which is why they were dispossessed.
And didn't it all work out so well in the years that followed.

lawnseed

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 04, 2014, 12:27:39 AM

"It is really a stunning, willful choice by President Putin to invade another country...You just don't in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext."

w**kerx

While I am opposed to Russia's actions, the Yanks hypocrisy is blatant, shameless and laughable.
Right your opposed to russia and now you dont like america. So its just the guys 12% on the ponies with the bows and arrows you like... The nazi collaboraters and you want the guys with the swastikas to run the whole country..? Maybe if they had blueshirts.. It might be more.. Irish for you

lawnseed

Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2014, 09:20:46 AM

The O'Lawnseed people were enemies of the Crown, back in the 1600s, which is why they were dispossessed.
Somehow when i'm working in england and well paid for it and looking at how the o'lawnseeds in the 26 screw each other over at each and every opportunity the relevance of what happened 400 years ago fails to motivate my daily actions in any particular direction.
I dont see america handing back texas or new mexico in fact the olawnseeds helped them until they discovered the mexicans were catholics

seafoid

Quote from: lawnseed on March 04, 2014, 09:42:05 AM

Somehow when i'm working in england and well paid for it and looking at how the o'lawnseeds in the 26 screw each other over at each and every opportunity the relevance of what happened 400 years ago fails to motivate my daily actions in any particular direction.
I dont see america handing back texas or new mexico in fact the olawnseeds helped them until they discovered the mexicans were catholics

Northern Ireland has a primary deficit of 40% and survives on a GBP 9.6bn cash injection from London every year.
400 years on it is still FUBR.

The 26 have a positive primary balance.

lawnseed

Quote from: seafoid on March 04, 2014, 09:50:07 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 04, 2014, 09:42:05 AM

Northern Ireland has a primary deficit of 40% and survives on a GBP 9.6bn cash injection from London every year.
400 years on it is still FUBR.

The 26 have a positive primary balance.
Yeah we have way too many "tatars" with ponies here in nordieland..

Sidney

w**ker

But is Kerry wrong in what he says?

johnneycool

Quote from: Sidney on March 04, 2014, 01:13:11 PM

w**ker

But is Kerry wrong in what he says?

Well, he and his fellow countrymen have made what the Russians have done very much a 21st century thing, Putin is only following the model set out by G Bush and Co, by all out invasion of another country for self interest, nothing more, nothing less.

Sidney

Quote from: johnneycool on March 04, 2014, 01:16:26 PM

Well, he and his fellow countrymen have made what the Russians have done very much a 21st century thing, Putin is only following the model set out by G Bush and Co, by all out invasion of another country for self interest, nothing more, nothing less.
But again, is Kerry wrong in what he says?

johnneycool

Quote from: Sidney on March 04, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

He is wrong in saying its a 19th century act, its a 21st century act.

Is is wrong what Putin did, yes its wrong based on what we currently know, but as usual there are other forces at work.

passedit

Quote from: Sidney on March 04, 2014, 01:20:41 PM

I think the original issue was hypocrisy not veracity.
Don't Panic

Sidney

Great. So we've established that what Kerry said is essentially correct.