Plane crash at Cork Airport - Flight from Belfast. 6 confirmed dead

Started by Tubberman, February 10, 2011, 10:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Terrible accident at Cork Airport.

Manx flight from Belfast to Cork crashed in fog on landing.
Unconfirmed reports of 8 dead and 14 injured.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0210/cork.html

There are unconfirmed reports that eight people are dead following a plane crash at Cork Airport.

The Manx2 commuter flight was en route from Belfast when it crashed on landing in fog at Cork Airport just before 10am.

14 people are said to be injured.

GardaĆ­, fire crews and ambulances from across the city and county are responding.

The aircraft is reported to be on fire.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Just read that, shocking!
My brother uses that flight regularly.
Tbc....

Rois

Have used it frequently myself and hope to god the unconfirmed reports aren't true.  It'll be business people.  Tiny plane. 

Rois

10 passengers and 2 crew now according to RTE.  No cabin service, just pilots.

Kerry Mike

Terrible news, I used to fly into Cork from Dublin nearly every week over the last few years and its a terrible airport for fog.  When you fly in from the city side, you think you are well over the ground but because of the hills the runway just appears from nowhere.

Shocking news for all concerned.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

brokencrossbar1

Dreadful, 3 confirmed dead, 3 injured, 2 trapped and 4 unaccounted for.   

SLIGONIAN

Terrible news, hope the injured pull through..

Landing in fog is a dangerous for sure, remember my mum being on a plane from manchester to knock, and seeing trying to land 3 times in fog and doing flybys and then eventually landing but i was nervous watching on.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Milltown Row2

My boss was on that plane, Phoned us at 11.20 to say he was ok but the carnage around him was terrible.

We only knew of the crash because the fella who was picking him up phoned to ask where he was!!

We waited 25 mintues before he finally called!!! Unbelieveable that he has walki=ed away from this terrible accident.  My thoughts are with the ones who have lost their lives in this tradgey.

Can't get my head around this at all, can't imagine how he is feeling after surviving this??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggysego

Shocking news. Heard it on the radio this morning, when having a cup of tea in the Diner. The whole place fell to silence and were transfixed to the news.

Cork City Council have now confirmed 6 dead on the flight. RIP to them all.

My thoughts are immediately turned to the gaaboard's downgirl, who would regularly be on that flight. I pray she logs in and lets us know she is safe and well.
Testing Accessibility

Agnes Dipesto

Tragic news. Thoughts and prayers to the families of those who lost their lives. RIP

Kerry Mike

Milltown Row2, looks like your boss is one lucky man this morning. 

My thoughts are with the family of all on the flight.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ziggysego on February 10, 2011, 11:52:42 AM
Shocking news. Heard it on the radio this morning, when having a cup of tea in the Diner. The whole place fell to silence and were transfixed to the news.

Cork City Council have now confirmed 6 dead on the flight. RIP to them all.

My thoughts are immediately turned to the gaaboard's downgirl, who would regularly be on that flight. I pray she logs in and lets us know she is safe and well.

ziggy, I checked her Facebook and she was in Cork last night so no need to worry.

Edit.  She just posted on her wall as I typed.

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 10, 2011, 11:51:36 AM
My boss was on that plane, Phoned us at 11.20 to say he was ok but the carnage around him was terrible.

We only knew of the crash because the fella who was picking him up phoned to ask where he was!!

We waited 25 mintues before he finally called!!! Unbelieveable that he has walki=ed away from this terrible accident.  My thoughts are with the ones who have lost their lives in this tradgey.

Can't get my head around this at all, can't imagine how he is feeling after surviving this??
A friend of mine is on it. That's after giving me some glimmer of hope. Didnt sound possible from the reports. We've someone down at the hospital but have heard nothing yet.