FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Played well indeed. The goal they conceded was poor though. 3 unmarked players at the back post.
Last couple of games have been positive though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Capt Pat

It looks like Kenny will keep his job now but he has to start tournaments strong to have a chance of qualifying. We have to start the euro qualifiers strong or else its goodbye Mr Kenny.

On a positive note it looks like we are seeing the emergence of a world class player in green in Collins. That in addition to the emergence and continued improvement of players like Parrot, Obafemi up front Knight in midfield, O Shea  in defence also. With Idah up front and Obamidele to come back in defence things are beginning to look promising for the boys in green.

straightred

Quote from: laoislad on June 14, 2022, 10:36:30 PM
Played well indeed. The goal they conceded was poor though. 3 unmarked players at the back post.
Last couple of games have been positive though.
Yeah. When we play 3 at the back we're relying on McClean to provide the cover on the left and he can't do it. The ball should never have been allowed to be crossed.

However, that performance was night and day compared to the 1st game vs Armenia. Great see to see talent coming through and great result to finish on.

An Watcher

Yep McClean should have stopped the cross in my eyes but ye won't get much criticism of him from me.  Great servant

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on June 14, 2022, 10:25:13 PM
That Collins goal must be among the best ever goals scored by an Irish player.
Pat Nevin on OTB said that Ireland were weak playing the ball out of defence.
Ukraine lost the ball for the Collins goal playing out of defence.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Have to say never saw Collins play much before but he stuck out defensively (never mind his goal) as a cut above. Be very surprised if he's not starting with top 10 premier league team in the next few years.

The goal conceded was the one moment of terrible defending and the blame is squarely with mcclean on this occasion. But that happens and James is a solid committed player in my opinion.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Itchy on June 15, 2022, 10:20:16 AM
Have to say never saw Collins play much before but he stuck out defensively (never mind his goal) as a cut above. Be very surprised if he's not starting with top 10 premier league team in the next few years.

The goal conceded was the one moment of terrible defending and the blame is squarely with mcclean on this occasion. But that happens and James is a solid committed player in my opinion.

It was an awful goal to give away, so many Ukrainian players in the box unmarked, not sure about Kellehers positioning either but he wouldnt have been able to do much anyway. Still plus side is we have seen 3 very good goals from Ireland in the last 2 matches. We need to back it up though with another 2 good games at the next intl break

seafoid

The Ireland goal was a piece of individual opportunism. Ukraine's was a team effort of high level technique.

1-1 was a decent result away.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Loughshore2022

I don't know how any northerner can support that team with its blue shirt fanbase. I couldn't look at them since O'Neill left. Their fan base is mainly middle and upper class Dubliners.

tiempo

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 15, 2022, 12:42:59 PM
I don't know how any northerner can support that team with its blue shirt fanbase. I couldn't look at them since O'Neill left. Their fan base is mainly middle and upper class Dubliners.

Can't support the 26 or 6, no issue with the players, just the geo-political settlement, neither team is Ireland

Rugby with its unionist bretherin and D4 brigade, yeh sure lets get behind them, I can even handle the other anthem, but its an absolute disgrace Amhrán na bhFiann isn't played for their overseas games, which says a lot more about the demographics of rugby and inherent West Britishness, but we aren't allowed to express Irish national ideals, only pander to orangemen

An Watcher

Have a few mates who say the same about the rugby team but not supporting them is a bit much

yellowcard

So you stopped supporting them after O'Neill was fired. Do you think it was only after Kenny took over that the middle class blue shirts started following them? That's a strange take.   

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Lol, you are the best WUM on here, rising up the ranks quickly.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: tiempo on June 15, 2022, 01:28:19 PM

Can't support the 26 or 6, no issue with the players, just the geo-political settlement, neither team is Ireland

Rugby with its unionist bretherin and D4 brigade, yeh sure lets get behind them, I can even handle the other anthem, but its an absolute disgrace Amhrán na bhFiann isn't played for their overseas games, which says a lot more about the demographics of rugby and inherent West Britishness, but we aren't allowed to express Irish national ideals, only pander to orangemen

Thats the ONLY way we will get a peaceful UI