FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Two games two defeats against less than great opposition and no goal scored in the Nations league. Tonight at home to a side on a low after missing out on World Cup spot was the opportunity to get a result.

Captain Scarlet

Like I know we say we don't have the players but like Armenia are not world beaters and Ukraine missed a good few too.
He does get a very easy ride in my opinion compared to others. Like the line going would you rather hoofball with O'Neill ignores the fact that in the Euros (which we qualified for) they got the best out of players who are going downhill even more with the current set-up.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Gael80

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on June 08, 2022, 11:20:43 PM
Like I know we say we don't have the players but like Armenia are not world beaters and Ukraine missed a good few too.
He does get a very easy ride in my opinion compared to others. Like the line going would you rather hoofball with O'Neill ignores the fact that in the Euros (which we qualified for) they got the best out of players who are going downhill even more with the current set-up.

I think, for whatever reason many fans and media were waiting their opportunity with O'Neill. He got us to the Euro's and was an inspired Eriksen performance away from a WC, that Denmark team have proven to be decent since. O'Neill's record and performances are always threw out as a reason we should be thankful he is gone which I just don't understand.

In saying that I still think sticking with Kenny is the right call as there isn't anyone else and he's at least trying to bring players through, although losing his coach Barry was a big blow and he'll be hard to replace.

Heshs Umpire

Wouldn't sit down and watch every Ireland game but when I do, it's inevitably a very hard watch. Very unattractive style.
Looks to me like the players just aren't there. The manager mightn't be great but he's picking lads from Premier League benches, Championship and League One (I think).
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

naka

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 08, 2022, 10:35:07 PM
Two games two defeats against less than great opposition and no goal scored in the Nations league. Tonight at home to a side on a low after missing out on World Cup spot was the opportunity to get a result.
actually think ireland were awful in both games
team is poor and tactics dont suit the personnel

seafoid

They had a 7 game unbeaten run towards the end of last year. It's a pity they couldn't continue that form into the last 2 matches-
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trileacman

Kenny gets a f**king very soft ride compared with the grief every manager since Jack Charlton got. O'Neill and Keane got good results with us but got ridden for the style of play they used. Kenny's media fanboys like Eamon Sweeney and Ken Early couldn't direct enough shite towards previous management but all of sudden under Kenny we just don't have the players.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Turf

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Capt Pat

Turf

Good half indeed. Scotland not great but Ireland playing well. Lovely pass from Obafemi and finish from Parrot for the second goal.

Turf

What a goal that was from Obafemi.

laoislad

3-0. Brilliant strike from Obafemi.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

That looked over the line to me. VAR says no though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.