Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

The county guest book moderator seems to have moved on to fairly sensitive ground here, the original fixture set for May was postponed as a mark of respect for one of our underage players that died yet he seems to be questioning that. Maybe I am not reading it right.

Name : Padraig McIlwaine23 September 2012
First of all can I start by saying that I have no problem with Loughgeil getting their match against Cushendall called off. I just want to know how they did it?! My club Glenariffe tried for 6 weeks to get a league game against Rossa moved from Sat at 3pm to the Sunday of that weekend. The county wiped their hands off it even though they set the fixture for a free weekend. We also tried to have the fixture moved to 6pm on the Sat but this was also not allowed. Why is it that the County Fixtures Secretary is the most powerful man in the County? How can he make decisions one weekend in favour one club but the weekend before tell another club that it was not possible?

We haven't the slightest idea why this match was postponed and as we have already replied to a similar post on this, try asking Loughgiel. It is quite clear though, that there are plenty of ludicrous suggestions circulating as to why this match was changed and not one of them is correct. We are also certain the the chairman of the CCC (the only person who can call off a game, by the way) acted within rule and had an perfectly good reason for doing so. Now, you are being more than economical about all that occurred with your game and why this game was changed to this weekend in the first place. CCC can't take stag weekends into account when fixtures are made and if your opposition don't co-operate for a change, then it is a bit silly to think that CCC will when it is for a stag weekend. And there is no such thing as a "free" weekend or a closed date either, by the way.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Arthur_Friend

The county guestbook moderator is a disgrace.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on September 23, 2012, 10:34:32 AM
The county guestbook moderator is a disgrace.
A new low, even for this individual. Would be surprised if the club didnt take this comment a bit further.

saffron89

yeah seems a little strange that one club and do one thing and one the other.  Have sympathy for the oisins as players probably looked on that weekend as their chance to head off.  but for flights, hotels etc to be booked and then county to change it, well it is not good.  nice one from the rossa not to accommodate them by a couple of hours.  lets hope they get turned over today.  will watch the build up on tv, then pause and head over to watch this game.  will at final whistle sneak out and avoid score updates, and hopefully watch the rest of the game relatively live

btdtgtt

Hardstation might be better placed than me in this one saff but I don't think u can blame Rossa here.

I was to be in waterfoot for the 1st game which was called off - a gleanarrife told me that Rossa agreed to postpone the game due to the tragic bereavement even tho the county wanted it played. So Rossa were the accommodating side here.

As for the refix I can tell u for a fact that that Rossa had flown players home for the game (I think Armstrong & Shannon) and to change the game would have resulted in these flights wasted and Rossa missing players. So it begs the question - why would Rossa switch a game to allow them to lose players and their opposition to gain them? Stag weekend are hardly Rossa's problem?
And on that note if u check back on this board Rossa played Gort this year minus most of their team due to a stag!

I have criticised Rossa many times on this board but on this occasion they have had complete integrity.

I think I am right hardstation here?

I think the oisins will sneak a 1point win today so maybe it won't have much bearing.

I think the real question here is how long this county is going to continue with this guest book moderation. It shames us all. I suggest it's 1 or 2 people stubbornness and attempt to cling to it. Jim Murray needs to get a grip of this. He is guilty by association.

Seamroga in exile

It's all Loughgiel's fault.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Ballycastle 3-7 Dunloy 1-2 20 mins gone

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 23, 2012, 01:29:25 PM

Dunloy 1-2 ?

Final score
Ballycastle 4-16 Dunloy Z squad 0-5  ;D

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on September 23, 2012, 12:37:42 PM
Hardstation might be better placed than me in this one saff but I don't think u can blame Rossa here.

I was to be in waterfoot for the 1st game which was called off - a gleanarrife told me that Rossa agreed to postpone the game due to the tragic bereavement even tho the county wanted it played. So Rossa were the accommodating side here.

As for the refix I can tell u for a fact that that Rossa had flown players home for the game (I think Armstrong & Shannon) and to change the game would have resulted in these flights wasted and Rossa missing players. So it begs the question - why would Rossa switch a game to allow them to lose players and their opposition to gain them? Stag weekend are hardly Rossa's problem?
And on that note if u check back on this board Rossa played Gort this year minus most of their team due to a stag!

I have criticised Rossa many times on this board but on this occasion they have had complete integrity.

I think I am right hardstation here?

I think the oisins will sneak a 1point win today so maybe it won't have much bearing.

I think the real question here is how long this county is going to continue with this guest book moderation. It shames us all. I suggest it's 1 or 2 people stubbornness and attempt to cling to it. Jim Murray needs to get a grip of this. He is guilty by association.

Not sure anyone blames Rossa, they had us by the balls and fair enough, I would have done the same in their position. Probably been enough said about it now, good luck to whoever wins.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: BlackandAmber on September 23, 2012, 02:24:20 PM

Dunloy 1-2 ?

Final score
:-[

Got it off twitter b + a. I wasn't at it myself. Funny thing is it was a Ballycastle man that tweeted it.   ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 23, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

Dunloy 1-2 ?

Final score

Got it off twitter b + a. I wasn't at it myself. Funny thing is it was a Ballycastle man that tweeted it.   ;D

At least they played  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Played the reserves and minors in this game. Gave a few fellas a run out. Ballycastle were more or less full strength and completely dominated from start to finish.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Rossa hammered Glenariff. 2-20 to 1-6

Rossa champions, provided they win their last game. Some change around from us beating them at the start of the year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2012, 05:10:13 PM
Rossa hammered Glenariff. 2-20 to 1-6

Rossa champions, provided they win their last game. Some change around from us beating them at the start of the year
Oisins were still on a stag.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 23, 2012, 03:44:25 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on September 23, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

Dunloy 1-2 ?

Final score

At least they played  :o
its loughgiel's fault. ;)