Pre-season Soccer friendly....€60

Started by Tankie, June 29, 2009, 05:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Barcelona played Derry City a few years back and brought Ronaldinho, Saviola, Valdes, Puyol et al and was a great night.  Only cost about £20 IIRC.

Hound

Surprised its so cheap to be honest, given the limited capacity. Others were too given how quickly it sold out. I would have priced it at €90 as my estimate of the highest ticket price that would have resulted in a sell out. But fair play to Rovers for keeping it affordable.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 30, 2009, 01:05:21 PM
dont wanna rain on anyones parade; figures aside, have any guarantees been made that the likes of kaka, ronaldo will be playin;

is there not a recent development that these big clubs announce friendlies, then when it happens its mainly reserve/youth players that turn up; with maybe 2 or 3 of the stars?

Hope ye's arent disappointed come the time

They are using it as a pre-season training camp for the 1st team. All players will be there with the exceptions of those who played in the Confederations Cup, as they will have extra time off. So that rules Kaka out, but all others will be there.

Tankie

Quote from: Hound on June 30, 2009, 01:19:11 PM
Surprised its so cheap to be honest, given the limited capacity. Others were too given how quickly it sold out. I would have priced it at €90 as my estimate of the highest ticket price that would have resulted in a sell out. But fair play to Rovers for keeping it affordable.

AFAIK Rovers have nothing to do with the game other than playing the game....this game was setup and marketed by Platinum One.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 30, 2009, 01:05:21 PM
dont wanna rain on anyones parade; figures aside, have any guarantees been made that the likes of kaka, ronaldo will be playin;

is there not a recent development that these big clubs announce friendlies, then when it happens its mainly reserve/youth players that turn up; with maybe 2 or 3 of the stars?

Hope ye's arent disappointed come the time

i assume everyone knows thats what the case is - it is a pre-season friendly so I would expect 3 or 4 stars for 30mins or so...i'm sure people know what they are paying for.
Grand Slam Saturday!

deiseach

Quote from: Tankie on June 30, 2009, 12:56:27 PM
is that not the attitude that created a property bubble and is now a main factor to us now being in a deep reccession?

It's a bit of stretch to compare the six figure sums people lay down for property with a €60 sports ticket.

Tankie

Quote from: deiseach on June 30, 2009, 02:54:12 PM
is that not the attitude that created a property bubble and is now a main factor to us now being in a deep reccession?

It's a bit of stretch to compare the six figure sums people lay down for property with a €60 sports ticket.

its the attitude i was talking about, people said about houses  'well thats the price and people are paying it so it must be worth that..' - I guess that attitude was proved wrong

I know it aint an exact example but you get my point....that game imo is not worth €60
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on June 30, 2009, 06:53:21 PM
Quote from: deiseach on June 30, 2009, 02:54:12 PM

its the attitude i was talking about, people said about houses  'well thats the price and people are paying it so it must be worth that..' - I guess that attitude was proved wrong

I know it aint an exact example but you get my point....that game imo is not worth €60

It is to the people who want to go otherwise they wouldn't have bought the tickets...
So what does it matter to you?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ludermor

How much are the rugby autumn internationals? I know there are some ranking points butmost of these games are meaningless friendlys as well.
Its not too often you get to see some of the worlds greatest players on your doorstep so while i wouldnt pay 60 quid to see them (and i do think it is expensive) im sure someone who is into soccer wil think its good value.
I have paid €137 for a ticket for U2 in a few weeks which is crazy money but i have never seen them before and might not again but for a one off it will prob be worth it

deiseach

Quote from: Tankie on June 30, 2009, 06:53:21 PM

I know what you are saying, I think you are being wrongheaded about it. I wouldn't pay 60c for that match. I wouldn't expect them to pitch the prices to appeal to the likes of me though

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: ludermor on June 30, 2009, 06:58:21 PM
How much are the rugby autumn internationals? I know there are some ranking points butmost of these games are meaningless friendlys as well.
Its not too often you get to see some of the worlds greatest players on your doorstep so while i wouldnt pay 60 quid to see them (and i do think it is expensive) im sure someone who is into soccer wil think its good value.
I have paid €137 for a ticket for U2 in a few weeks which is crazy money but i have never seen them before and might not again but for a one off it will prob be worth it

Autumn Internationals package: Premium - 180 Euro, Stand - 140 Euro, Terrace - 65 Euro, Schools - 20 Euro
6 Nations Wales/Italy/Scotland package: Premium - 285 Euro, Stand - 225 Euro, Terrace - 105 Euro, Schools - 30 Euro

I paid €190 for the France and England matches last year. I had great seats in the Cusack both time. The IRFU have dropped their prices by €20 since so.

I think the packages for the Hill are decent enough value. I know I'd much rather pay €65 to watch Ireland v Australia and Ireland v South Africa than €60 to watch fairies like that Ronaldo lad strutting around the field. Each to their own I suppose.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2009, 07:58:14 PM
Quote from: ludermor on June 30, 2009, 06:58:21 PM

Autumn Internationals package: Premium - 180 Euro, Stand - 140 Euro, Terrace - 65 Euro, Schools - 20 Euro
6 Nations Wales/Italy/Scotland package: Premium - 285 Euro, Stand - 225 Euro, Terrace - 105 Euro, Schools - 30 Euro

I paid €190 for the France and England matches last year. I had great seats in the Cusack both time. The IRFU have dropped their prices by €20 since so.

I think the packages for the Hill are decent enough value. I know I'd much rather pay €65 to watch Ireland v Australia and Ireland v South Africa than €60 to watch fairies like that Ronaldo lad strutting around the field. Each to their own I suppose.

I think those are ridiculous prices, for a couple of hours (at most) entertainment??
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donnellys Hollow

I think €32.50 for a Hill ticket to watch Ireland take on the world champions is reasonable enough. When you compare it to some of the concert prices it certainly represents better value. I know a few lads who pay ridiculous amounts of money travelling over to the north of England every second weekend during the soccer season.

People moan and whinge about the GAA's prices but they but they compare well to other events. With the current economic climate they're likely to come down in price as well because people aren't as willing to part with their cash anymore which is understandable.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 30, 2009, 08:29:10 PM
I think €32.50 for a Hill ticket to watch Ireland take on the world champions is reasonable enough. When you compare it to some of the concert prices it certainly represents better value. I know a few lads who pay ridiculous amounts of money travelling over to the north of England every second weekend during the soccer season.

People moan and whinge about the GAA's prices but they but they compare well to other events. With the current economic climate they're likely to come down in price as well because people aren't as willing to part with their cash anymore which is understandable.
That's not bad but look at the rest of the prices.  ridiculous
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Doogie Browser on June 30, 2009, 01:18:40 PM
Barcelona played Derry City a few years back and brought Ronaldinho, Saviola, Valdes, Puyol et al and was a great night.  Only cost about £20 IIRC.

Was at that match myself. It was in 2003...Doesn't seem that long ago.

Think it was £15 that night.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME