GAA Discussion > Local GAA Discussion

Sligo Club Football & Hurling

<< < (2/337) > >>

magpie seanie:

--- Quote ---Referring to St Michaels I was actually referring to their second team taking their place in 2B after winning Division 3 last year
--- End quote ---

That would fairly tighten them!

Mano:
Good to see a Sligo thread on this board again.

It should be a very open senior championship this year with many clubs of the same standard. With regard to my own club anything is better than the shambles of last year. Noone didn't have the respect of players, training was poor and disorganised, playing lads out of their normal position and gameplan was foreign to Tourlestranes normal style of play.

Bit surprised with the choice of the new manager. My choice would have been Anthony Brennan but he pulled out when he knew he had little support (He will do a great job with Tubber if of course they can tolerate the abuse been hurled at them from someone from their fiercest rivals.)  Haven't heard of any infighting with regard to the managerial decision. We are likely to be missing a few players from last year-young Neary has done his cruciate, King is out of the country and Matt Walsh likely to retire.

Find it hard to look past Curry unfortunately especially if Kearney stays in charge-they won last year without 2 of their best forwards Colleary and McDonagh. With them back playing no doubt they will be looking to win the all-Ireland club next year!!

Owenmoresider:

--- Quote ---Haven't heard of any infighting with regard to the managerial decision.
--- End quote ---

Was kinda speculating on the possibility of division there mano, when I heard Egan was taking the U-20's I guessed he might have been making his pitch for a return to the senior job, was sure he'd get it. Henry fecked up with the minors, losing two games which easily could have been won. Still we'll have to see. Reckon the wrong man was chosen, but that will only be known come winter.

--- Quote ---With them back playing no doubt they will be looking to win the all-Ireland club next year!!
--- End quote ---
Wouldn't surprise me at all. No doubt they felt they should have won Connacht, having narrowly lost to Brigid's. Like Caltra in '03, the defeat was self-inflicted. Perhaps they might take their eye off the ball a la 2004 in the SFC and get caught. Here's hoping!

Regarding managerial "musical chairs", Coolera looke to have Kelly taking the helm again, good call. Ballymote look to be going to a former boss to rekindle the glory days of '03, a tall order in any case.

Owenmoresider:
Fixtures are out. St. Michael's will have two teams in 2A/2B alright. Will post up later. No Championship draws or firm dates yet. Obviously we're planning on still being involved in the Tomy Murp...........sorry Championship come August.

magpie seanie:
I hear we got 4 extra players for our Div 2A squad because of an incompetent motion from OMS' favourite club. Nice one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version