The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 07, 2022, 12:56:32 AM

Jesus,
   Whoever took this picture has the skinniest legs I've ever saw...

He certainly drank his milk.  ;)

trailer

It has to be said Klopp is a f**king w**ker. Absolute moanfest.

Hound

Quote from: trailer on August 08, 2022, 09:45:26 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
...so salty. Dry your eyes or your rash will get worse

Armamike

Speaking of moaning w**kers is it true Fergie is back at Carrington  ;D
That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

Ah you'll get over it.

laoislad

I reckon there was something wrong with the Asthma inhalers on Saturday. They were so below par I can't think what other reason it could have been.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnnycool

Quote from: Cavan19 on July 05, 2022, 03:54:29 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on July 05, 2022, 12:51:13 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 05, 2022, 08:45:54 AM
Quote from: supersub on July 04, 2022, 05:36:58 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 02, 2022, 03:08:22 PM
Poor form meant that Salah's value went down in the second half of the season. If he had maintained earlier form, he might have held out and let his contract run down. Big spending suitors probably fell away, taking into account his age and loss of form. The pressure to regain form with a new club would have been tough. Signing a new deal with Liverpool was the lest pressure laden decision as he is loved on Merseyside. I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool sell him next year. Glad he has stayed all the same and hopefully gets his mojo back!

Holding onto Big players sets a tone also. Losing both him and mane would not have been good for that tone!

Salah's form has been remarkably consistent over the past 5 seasons. That's why his stock is so high. The last 4 months has very little to do with anything really. No doubt if he had been offered up there would have been plenty calling. Great to see him signing, and if it took a little nudge of the wage structure, so be it. We will never compete in the transfer market with the likes of City, so if we can gain a bit  in increased wages for proven assets, so be it.

Quote from: keep her low this half on July 04, 2022, 03:26:51 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 04, 2022, 03:11:40 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 02, 2022, 07:47:59 PM
Quote from: Armamike on July 02, 2022, 07:14:24 PM
Mane had a much better second half of the season than Mo.  I've mixed feelings over this.  If Mo is way out in front on wages it could be very destabilising.  I would be happier to see him go if that's the case.

Could be a watershed moment for Liverpool and their wage structure. Maybe they've priced in inevitable wage increases for the rest of the squad.

VVD, TAA and Robertson will be banging on the door for the same I'd have thought.

Defenders never get the same wages as forwards although they will probably all want a significant pay rise. TAA and VVD both know they would go for big money if Liverpool cashed in. Robertson is wearing on a bit so possibly not so much, can't see Madrid or Barca being in for him but they would be interested in the other two.

Ah Robbo is arguably a better fullback than Trent and possibly best in the league going on his all round game. Trent is a better footballer no doubt though. Mad that Trent isn't a certainty for an England squad when you take everything in. I'd say Robbo would start LB for England no issue.
Reece James is a much better defender at RB than trent as is Kyle Walker, neither offer the same in attack but the way England play that suits their style.

At that level the two England centre backs would be badly exposed with Arnold bombing forward leaving that space in behind.
No they're not.
This is just another myth rival fans come out with to elevate their own players up to Trent's level and bring Trent down. Say it often enough and it's true sort of thing.  Notice it's always Trent people compare other right backs to. TAA is the best RB in the league by quite a distance.

;D

TAA found wanting defensively again I see...

Was the pitch that dry that he couldn't jump and head the ball away?

thewobbler

Why anyone would expect a small full back to be able to fend off a centre forward meeting a header in the full, that's beyond me.

It was a very good cross to a very good header of the ball. Not poor defending.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Well at least the dodgy pen means that he wasn't at fault for every goal we have conceded this year!
He's also been involved in many of our goals and chances created.

Ah wobbler, it was no effort to defend. He bent his head down trying to brace for the contact  rather than doing anything to win the ball or put off the striker. It's what you'd expect if Bruno Fernades or Coutinho ended up at the back post with a big striker bearing down. Not near good enough for a full back. Not that I'd swap him for anyone, but I'd like to think he got a kick up the jacksey from management.

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on August 08, 2022, 01:57:42 PM
Why anyone would expect a small full back to be able to fend off a centre forward meeting a header in the full, that's beyond me.

He never even tried, he ducked and gave your man a wee platform to hold his jump on, which was nice of him.

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2022, 02:01:36 PM
Maybe Liverpool need a season off.

United have had a few seasons off and see what good that has done them?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on August 08, 2022, 02:20:55 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on August 08, 2022, 01:57:42 PM

He never even tried, he ducked and gave your man a wee platform to hold his jump on, which was nice of him.

Probably didn't want to wreck his hair, looks lovely (says bald man) in fairness
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2022, 02:28:05 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2022, 02:01:36 PM
Maybe Liverpool need a season off.

United have had a few seasons off and see what good that has done them?
Will be a decade at the end of this season. Years don't be long adding up.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.