The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2023, 05:15:11 PM
It'll probably be another man

Let's  face it ,  whoever it is  will have to toe  the RTE line ,  be a spineless wimp, never  asking the important questions to  corrupt politicians  and other gangsters.  Gay Byrne was a  complete lackey   , and Tubridy even  more so.  I expect that will continue  with the new host.

Tubberman

Quote from: Itchy on May 05, 2023, 05:14:42 PM
Quote from: Mayo Border on May 05, 2023, 04:29:30 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2023, 11:24:29 AM
Sarah McInerney has ruled herself out.
Glad to see McInerney gone. The woman has zero charisma.

She's a top class presenter and is much better suited to grilling horrible FFG lying politicians than wasting away doing the late late show fluff. I'm delighted to hear she removed herself from the conversation. Maybe Enda Kenny could do it?

Yep, she'd be a bigger loss to current affairs than she'd be a gain to light entertainment.  Better off where she is.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

The Late Late Show reminds me of the latter days of Top of the Pops.

There is a nostalgia that people will be sad when it goes, even though most won't notice.

It is the world's second longest-running late-night talk show, after the American The Tonight Show. Perceived as the official flagship television programme of the Republic of Ireland's public service broadcaster Raidió Teilifís Éireann (RTÉ), it is regarded as an Irish television institution.

That said tossing it to the fireheap would not be easy.

IolarCoisCuain

She must have really hurt you Border. Don't worry. Time is a great healer. Plenty more fish in the sea.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on May 05, 2023, 10:28:15 PM

She must have really hurt you Border. Don't worry. Time is a great healer. Plenty more fish in the sea.
The Galway Mayo rivalry is strong.

Captain Scarlet

See they went down a road of saying it'll be a woman so now they need tgo get a woman but God forbid they look outside their 4 walls. Like McInerney and Byrne and pure current affairs heads who are not suited.

The thing is no-one wants to be at the wheel when it gets binned despite the fact it's losing viewers. Then that will continue and the presenter will get the blame.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on May 07, 2023, 12:27:32 PM
See they went down a road of saying it'll be a woman so now they need tgo get a woman but God forbid they look outside their 4 walls. Like McInerney and Byrne and pure current affairs heads who are not suited.

The thing is no-one wants to be at the wheel when it gets binned despite the fact it's losing viewers. Then that will continue and the presenter will get the blame.

I honestly think Tubridy was let go , but told by rte to say he wanted to do other things, spend time with family etc.  If he said he was sacked ,  that says all is not  rosey with the TLLS.  But this way,  both parties  come out looking good.

Everyone knows  it's losing viewers drastically.  Tubridy himself said it was a "her"  taking over.  To me , that's Byrne or  Miriam. They're probably  the biggest  mainstream names  in rte (darcy maybe , but sure they  axed  his show!) .  Now they've ruled themselves out,  who really is left?

The fact they didn't announce a new host   fairly straight away suggests the  show really is in turmoil, nobody  wants the role , and the longer it  rolls on , the more I think the show  is actually  going to be axed

rrhf

Kielty and kat Daly double act.

AustinPowers

Mario Rosenstock  again!

Vogue Williams again!

I think they bshould really  put this show out of its  misery.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 19, 2023, 11:32:30 PM
Mario Rosenstock  again!

Vogue Williams again!

Flicked over earlier and seen Vogue Williams which was enough to watch something elsewhere. Who was the blonde yoke on with her?

square_ball

It won't matter who the presenter is if they keep serving up the same guests on rotation. Format needs a change. Graham Norton show the ideal format though obviously they won't be getting the calibre of guests he does.

marty34

Mario Rosenstock  again!

Vogue Williams again!

I thought it was a repeat!!

Next week, the final week, will be some 'love-in' with Tubridy.

RedHand88

Mario Rosenstock  again!

Vogue Williams again!

They even showed a highlight reel of his best bits on the late late before he came on. Not even trying to hide it!

quit yo jibbajabba

general_lee

Might start watching it now