Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on March 23, 2011, 10:04:27 AM
This is the thing - it is working perfectly well on localhost - it was purchased as part of a theme and has worked right up to being hosted externally. I have counted the { and corresponding } and they seem to match which suggests to me something else aint quite right.

Clear your browser cache, and then contact the company who supplied the theme.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on March 23, 2011, 10:24:11 AM
Cleared the cache which made no odds - support on the theme is atrocious - are there any websites out there where you could post the code and somebody could 'examine' it or any tools out there which validates or checks php?

I suppose you could trawl through forums... I would start a new thread here and ask for Php experts.
Im a J2EE Engineer  :(

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: theskull1 on March 23, 2011, 10:08:56 AM
Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on March 21, 2011, 09:46:19 PM
Is anyone else's internet slow tonight?
Everything fine here internal in the house so checking if it maybe a wider network issue, BT or the likes if anyone is having similiar problems. 
It does load very slowy, like this page but if try to download a file it is virtually impossible

My internet was really slow Monday evening. Pipex

Cheers Skull, using Pipex as well so maybe they are having problems.
It was down completely last night for about 20 minutes around 1am.

screenmachine

Not strictly speaking computer help but it'll fit in here grand.

Getting broadband set up in a new build for the first time.  After a bit of shopping around the main big players in broadband I'm thinking of going for O2 (about £20 all in for unlimited broadband and line rental).  They are telling me though that I have to get BT to set up the line for an initial connection which costs  around £120.  I'm happy enough to pay the one off fee but I then heard that BT may try to commit you for 12 months after this initial set up?

Firstly, has anyone any experience of this initial phone line connection set up?  Builder has said the phone cable is ducted to the house whatever that means if that helps any?  Secondly, has anyone any experience of the broadband experience with O2 or would you have any other recommended companies?

I had a price with BT last night for around £23 for unlimited broadband, free evening and weekend calls and line rental but after phoning them back today this has mysteriously disappeared so I'm thinking of avoiding BT altogether bar the initial set up which I think is unavoidable.  Sounds more like BT Fraudband to be honest... ;)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

armaghniac

Probably wise not to rule out BT packages for the first few months perhaps? Take their free 3 months or whatever and change provider later.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

Quote from: screenmachine on March 25, 2011, 07:36:39 PM
Not strictly speaking computer help but it'll fit in here grand.

Getting broadband set up in a new build for the first time.  After a bit of shopping around the main big players in broadband I'm thinking of going for O2 (about £20 all in for unlimited broadband and line rental).  They are telling me though that I have to get BT to set up the line for an initial connection which costs  around £120.  I'm happy enough to pay the one off fee but I then heard that BT may try to commit you for 12 months after this initial set up?

Firstly, has anyone any experience of this initial phone line connection set up?  Builder has said the phone cable is ducted to the house whatever that means if that helps any?  Secondly, has anyone any experience of the broadband experience with O2 or would you have any other recommended companies?

I had a price with BT last night for around £23 for unlimited broadband, free evening and weekend calls and line rental but after phoning them back today this has mysteriously disappeared so I'm thinking of avoiding BT altogether bar the initial set up which I think is unavoidable.  Sounds more like BT Fraudband to be honest... ;)
It's a one off payment of 120 quid to get BT to put in the line, I got them to do it for me about 18  months ago and I went with virgin (useless c***ts)
I've had o2 before and they were excellent - I'd be straight back to them if I could get broadband with them here. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

pintsofguinness

Can anyone tell me where to get a free version of malwarebytes or suggest a similar thing that's just as good?

Hardy

pintsofguinness

Great stuff, thanks hardy.

townof12

Hi everyone, i'm looking for some help re joomla websites.  I want to put some short video clips online and make available for streaming.  They are currently in flv format but can be changed if necessary.  I have tried a couple of free plugins, but they dont seem to play.  Have any of you out there any experience of joomla CMS and video?  Any help would be appreciated.

DuffleKing

I have a mass storage device for all kinds of work - it's vitally important for me.

Anyway, when i save documents to it, they inexplicably are not there when i next go to look for them. What i have to do is save them to the computer and then drag it into the MSD to save it there.

Am i missing something?

fitzroyalty

My Toshiba laptop has started to play up, I think it's something to do with the main fan which I'm almost certain has  completely stopped working.

Basically if I turn the laptop on I get about max. ten mins usage before it turns itself off. Would it be related to the fact I recently replaced the original damaged power cable (cheap £12.50 job off Amazon)?

Anyone else experience anything similar? I googled it and one solution is to open it up and clean away dust, lint etc from the fan bit but I wouldn't know how to take it apart/reassembe.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

bigfrank

So i had to go into safe mode to get this far on my laptop so i can get ask wtf is going on :( when i load it up the ordinary way...the wee loading icon keeps spinning and it wont load up...it also wont let me get the start up bar uo i can maybe restore or something....any help please??

Hereiam

Coulld be a number of things, but the main culpurt would be a faulty hard drive. Go into event viewer and see if any errors are coming up relating to the hard drive.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: fitzroyalty on April 01, 2011, 03:36:48 PM
My Toshiba laptop has started to play up, I think it's something to do with the main fan which I'm almost certain has  completely stopped working.

Basically if I turn the laptop on I get about max. ten mins usage before it turns itself off. Would it be related to the fact I recently replaced the original damaged power cable (cheap £12.50 job off Amazon)?

Anyone else experience anything similar? I googled it and one solution is to open it up and clean away dust, lint etc from the fan bit but I wouldn't know how to take it apart/reassembe.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The fan on your processor is probably frigged and the CPU is over heating and shutting off. Open it up and try to clean around the fan, if that doesn't work get a new fan.