Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

That's an upgrade which means you need to have vista or xp installed previously. I have no idea if it would work by upgrading a previous pirate version of win 7. You would be taking a chance with that so consider getting a full version instead. Hone version is fine for the home user.

bigfrank

could u provide me with a link for this full version myles....sorry for being a pest too....just this is annoyin me and am willin to pay to get a package that sorts it. like a few said there may be away around it...gettin a product key somewhere somehow but i dont have the answers to this problem lol

bigfrank

120 quid gone it seems lol....pc world mite be handier as i live close enuf to one...might to 2moro evening and just get it...dont see any other way around it..im sure it cant be that hard 2 install and will keep the laptop right. Laptop was quiet expensive so would like to look after it as best i can....

mylestheslasher

Before you start copy any files you want to keep to a cd or usb key cos new install will prob delete the files you have. Install itself is handy, just follow instructions.

bigfrank

thansk for the help myles...have next to nothin stored on this computer as lost it all with my last hard drive. Prob just buy this package from pc world and get on with it....bit hateful but what can i do!!!

Main Street

That's expensive shĂ­t, Frank.

Do you not feel motivated to learn how to download stuff?
Theres an untouched version of W7Ultimate on Pirate Bay
Windows 7 All Versions x86 And x64 RETAiL DVD-CLONE

I'm sure Myles will be more than willing to guide you though the process  ;D

bigfrank

i hear ya main street and not a great start to the week but apid alot for the laptop and guess i kind of just want to get it sorted. Im sure there is ways around this and i did try for a few hours at the start...i googled loads...read forums...watched youtube videos...tried a ball of stuff but nothing seemed to work. Bought laptop in New York but cant really see how that would matter...maybe i am panicking a bit...have maybe 25 days or so still to sort it

mylestheslasher

The problem with downloading a pirate op system is that Microsoft will engage you in a technology battle where the restart your activation period via automatic updates. You then have to find a crack for that before the cycle starts again. Been there and done that and while it can be done it just starts to be a real pain in the ass. So now I have genuine windows but all my other software is em less genuine.

Abble

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 20, 2011, 11:01:26 PM
The problem with downloading a pirate op system is that Microsoft will engage you in a technology battle where the restart your activation period via automatic updates. You then have to find a crack for that before the cycle starts again. Been there and done that and while it can be done it just starts to be a real pain in the ass. So now I have genuine windows but all my other software is em less genuine.

surely myles then the sensible thing to do is just turn off automatic updates ?

BenDover

This is a MS operating system you're talking about ffs I'm still getting updates for XP SP3, there will always be updates if not just to leave the likes of you behind to battle with the bugs Abble  :)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Abble on February 21, 2011, 10:57:22 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 20, 2011, 11:01:26 PM

surely myles then the sensible thing to do is just turn off automatic updates ?

Yes indeed, if you can get a pirate version on a recent Service Pack then thats exactly the best thing to do. However, Windows will constantly be at you to turn them back on and all you need is someone to follow what windows says to do and hey presto your windows stops working.

imtommygunn

An alternative would be to install a free distribution of Linux which would solve your woes.

bigfrank

Sorry for asking tommy but Linux is what exactly and how would it help???

Denn Forever

Quote from: bigfrank on February 21, 2011, 06:11:00 PM
Sorry for asking tommy but Linux is what exactly and how would it help???

Linix is an alternative operating system to Windows.  Don't know if you can convertt Word Documents/Excel/Power Point etc directly into Linix based programs.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...