Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

i have a card from camera that will show on the camera but not p.c...... why?
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

seafoid

My puther keeps on crashing and I think it because there is too much shite on the thing. What is the best way to go through the files and see where the heavy duty programs are? It's a windows system. Thanks
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Just revert to a time when the computer worked before it started to crash.
On Windows, you do that in  Control Panel/ System Restore

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Main Street on November 13, 2010, 02:20:39 PM
Just revert to a time when the computer worked before it started to crash.

Pity we couldn't do the same with the economy
You'll Never Walk Alone.

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2010, 02:00:05 PM
My puther keeps on crashing and I think it because there is too much shite on the thing. What is the best way to go through the files and see where the heavy duty programs are? It's a windows system. Thanks

Ctrl - Alt - Delete -> Enter Task Manager (skip this part if you are using XP) -> Processes -> Click on Mem Usage and you'll see what is eating up your Ram.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Minder on November 03, 2010, 09:25:46 PM
Quote from: Main Street on September 14, 2010, 10:09:25 PM
It's possible that the laptop is turning itself off to protect itself.
Overheating issue?
Is the fan working?  is the fan working overtime?
Spybot is intensive enough on the cpu and if there are other issues   like fan not working or years of dirt clogging  up the laptop vents/fan, the laptop can overheat and shut down.
Just my 2c worth

The problem with my laptop turning itself off is happening more often now. The fan does sound as if it is under pressure. If it is fucked is it just a matter of replacing the fan? Cheers
My Old laptop was doing that and I got a can of compressed air and blew the f**k out of it - not a bother after that.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Ulick

Quote from: seafoid on November 13, 2010, 02:00:05 PM

Run your system config utility and have a look for non essential apps in your startup/boot.ini file. Shud be somthing like Start/run/<type 'msconfig'>. That will show all the shite loading on your machine when you switch it on. Google the apps one by one and uncheck the ones you don't need.

RealSpiritof98

Buying a PC for the house this xmas, only have had a laptop till now. Anyone know the best route to go down, i know you get tortured at currys etc to buy loads of extras but surly a lot can be downloaded for cheaper. any advice welcome.

Bud Wiser

Can anyone give me a quick fix for this. My laptop went bang dother day and I had to get a new one and I reinstalled most of the programs. I installed Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2010 and in Outlook Express when I click on a link that is contained in an email it does a Francie Bellew on me, wont let me get through at all, blocks every attempt.  It says the operation has failed because of restrictions placed on this computer.  The first thing I did when I got it was uninstall McAfee and I only have windows security and AVG on it.  Can anyone help.  Thanks in advance.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on November 18, 2010, 02:34:33 PM
Hi guys - does anyone here have the capability to crack into a PDF file - there is a watermark I need removed from a document I want to print but it seems to be password protected. Cheers

Is it removeable with the Acrobat software?

Bud Wiser

Thanks MacEoghain, I tried it but it is outside my scope.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

Sorry, I meant to qualify that it is Microsoft Outlook I am using.  It is not just websites, if there are pictures and there is a prompt to "Right Click to download pictures" it wont let me do that either,

Orior

Ah Bud, did you delete the Oki thread? That was brilliant! You're de man!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Bud Wiser

Hi Orior,

Oki are a good company after all. I got a promise from the head man that a new Oki Printer is on its way free of charge for all the hassle I had and under the terms agreed I removed the thread and cancelled all other actions relating to same. Bud is in effect, Stood Down.  :D

Jimmy

Bought a new USB (Sony Vaio) of ebay (from Hong Kong if that has any effect) to take files back and forward between work and home computer. If I copy files onto in from one of the computers and when I go to open them on the other computer it comes up "file not valid." It would only do it form some files and seems to be pretty random in the files that are affected. Have tried re-formatting the USB but the problem re-appears after a while.

Anyone got any solutions or know what is going on?