Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

As was mentioned before, download malwarebytes or avg onto a usb stick from a different pc / laptop. Also, download the latest definition updates for malwarebytes or avg to the memory stick. These should be available from the respective websites as a manual download.

The key then is start in safe mode and RENAME the avg or malwarebytes application afore you attempt the install. Call it anything you want as more than likely this virus / malware will block the install of all the popular av applications. By renaming you fool the hooer and it should install. Then manually update whatever application you have installed and nuke the ba$tard

Sounds a bit long winded but is worth it if you do not want to rebuild the machine

Hope this helps

Hardy

Thanks all. Trying some of these later (when the day's racing is over and I can free up the yoke).

anportmorforjfc

When i turn the laptop on i get a message saying the specified module could not be found. There was a problem starting .dll file. Antivirus has run out so im guessing thats a virus. Internet not working, when i open it it just says internet cannot display the webpage. Anybody any ideas what is wrong? :-\

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on May 28, 2010, 09:22:54 PM
When i turn the laptop on i get a message saying the specified module could not be found. There was a problem starting .dll file. Antivirus has run out so im guessing thats a virus. Internet not working, when i open it it just says internet cannot display the webpage. Anybody any ideas what is wrong? :-\
Download HiijackThis, install it, run it and post the log file to me
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on May 28, 2010, 09:52:52 PM
Quote from: anportmorforjfc on May 28, 2010, 09:22:54 PM
Download HiijackThis, install it, run it and post the log file to me

I cant get on the internet to download it.

ardmhachaabu

Get someone else to download it then or download it yourself from a different computer and stick it on a USB pen/External Hard drive
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

eggy bread

Running various Oracle databases 9.2.0.6 to 11g, Oracle Apps running, I believe there are database calls that you can make to Apache servers, so that it can check every 30 minutes or so that Apache is definatley running, been investigating this for some time to no avail, any Apps DBA's out there who can point me in the correct direction?

illdecide

Folks i have a 8GB memory card on my mobile phone and when i take it out and load it onto the PC to take photos of the kids of it it keep asking me do i want to format it..."er no i don't" but it won't let me access it in anyway. When i put it back into the phone it works away fine but still can transfer the data from it.

Are these cards meant to be formatted 1st before you use them? can anyone help? I suppose i could blue tooth them across to the Laptop but that would be one at a time and would take days...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

eggy bread

Quote from: illdecide on June 03, 2010, 02:58:41 PM
Folks i have a 8GB memory card on my mobile phone and when i take it out and load it onto the PC to take photos of the kids of it it keep asking me do i want to format it..."er no i don't" but it won't let me access it in anyway. When i put it back into the phone it works away fine but still can transfer the data from it.

Are these cards meant to be formatted 1st before you use them? can anyone help? I suppose i could blue tooth them across to the Laptop but that would be one at a time and would take days...

Has your PC got any type of encryption on it?

illdecide

Quote from: eggy bread on June 03, 2010, 03:04:14 PM

Has your PC got any type of encryption on it?

Like what? I'm not that computer literate so you'll have to explain...sorry

Main Street

Sounds like your memory card has some damage.
If the damage is not too serious, you can try to recover the images to the computer by using a utility
http://www.z-a-recovery.com/
http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital-image-recovery.htm

ardmhachaabu

illdecide, I agree with Main Street though I would suggest trying Recuva out before paying for other software.  Do a google search for it  :)

Ulick

Save your data onto the phone memory and then format the card in the phone. Take it out and double check it on your PC, if you are still getting problems, set it to reformat with FAT16 or FTA32. Should sort you out.

illdecide

Catch the high ball

Not really computer but anyway. My phone was in my pocket when it unlocked itself and formatted the memory card. Is there any way I can get the files back.
Cheers
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010