Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: flantheman82 on March 23, 2010, 04:04:32 PM
thanks bensars.
how would i get in touch with donagh? is he an uncontactable? do i wait til he finds me?
PM Ulick (The Artist Formerly Known as Donagh).

illdecide

Lads tell me this when using Outlook what way can i delete or get rid of someone trying to email me??? i know how to block him and then it goes into the junk email folder but surly there is a way to actually stop his emails coming thru at all...if there is a way could someone please tell me.

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: illdecide on March 23, 2010, 05:29:48 PM
Lads tell me this when using Outlook what way can i delete or get rid of someone trying to email me??? i know how to block him and then it goes into the junk email folder but surly there is a way to actually stop his emails coming thru at all...if there is a way could someone please tell me.
It depends, is this a work email account or a personal one?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

illdecide

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 23, 2010, 07:49:47 PM
Quote from: illdecide on March 23, 2010, 05:29:48 PM
It depends, is this a work email account or a personal one?

It's for my sister and i will guess thats it's a work email as i've never had an email from her other than her work email

ardmhachaabu

She would need to ask her IT team to block that address from sending mail to her

Oh and couldn't you have come up with a better excuse than 'it's for my sister'?
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Denn Forever

If its work surely if they are unwanted emails and they still come in is that not stalking and are there not laws about that.

Get the IT and HR people at work on to it.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

illdecide

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 23, 2010, 11:17:42 PM
She would need to ask her IT team to block that address from sending mail to her

Oh and couldn't you have come up with a better excuse than 'it's for my sister'?

:D :D I'm deadly serious it is for her...sure i couldn't care less who emails me if i don't like them i just block them...which is what i told my sister to do...

But basically what you're saying is that you can't stop someone emailing you unless you have IT to do it for you...i plundered around outlook today but couldn't find anything and was very surprised that a simple command like that is not available ???

ardmhachaabu

yeah illdecide, IT will have to do that for her, there are no simple fixes to that particular issue, other than marking mail from the sender as junk

illdecide

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 23, 2010, 11:29:47 PM
yeah illdecide, IT will have to do that for her, there are no simple fixes to that particular issue, other than marking mail from the sender as junk

No baw saan

supersarsfields

Wondering if anyone can offer some help with this? I have a Dell A960 3 in 1 printer/scanner. However at the minute when ever I connect up to it I can print ok but I can't scan?

Cant seem to work out what's wrong with it? any ideas??

J OGorman

Quote from: supersarsfields on March 30, 2010, 11:49:30 AM
Wondering if anyone can offer some help with this? I have a Dell A960 3 in 1 printer/scanner. However at the minute when ever I connect up to it I can print ok but I can't scan?

Cant seem to work out what's wrong with it? any ideas??

have you added the 3 in 1 as a printer using a generic driver or the full 40 odd MB driver / software package? If you have the full package installed, maybe uninstall and reinstall:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PRN_ALL_A960&osl=en&os=WLH

supersarsfields

Yeah managed to just reinstall and it's working again here now. Thankfully!!

Cheers for the help.

derryhero

Square Ball

all of a sudden I am getting "internet explorer is currently running with add ons disabled. Click here to manage, disable or remove your add ons"
how do i re-able these?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ardmhachaabu

What version of IE are you running?