Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

cheers MS, gonna do it later, me a computer and a few tins of beer... hope it works  :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Square Ball on October 31, 2009, 11:51:49 AM
cheers MS, gonna do it later, me a computer and a few tins of beer... hope it works  :D
What could go wrong!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Main Street

That would depend on his definition of a few.

mylestheslasher

You could also buy USB key for about €30 with 16GB space and back everything up onto it them you can reformat everything.

Square Ball

getting an mem stick from a mate and gonna stick them on that and do the lot.

Square Ball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 31, 2009, 11:52:19 AM
What could go wrong!
managed to break the other one as well, the drawer wouldnt open so I deceided to give it a helping hand with a screw driver, it wont budge now  :( and I have only started drinking

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Square Ball on October 31, 2009, 08:46:35 PM
What could go wrong!
managed to break the other one as well, the drawer wouldnt open so I deceided to give it a helping hand with a screw driver, it wont budge now  :( and I have only started drinking

The drawer on the computer? Do you mean the cd drive? and you went at it with a screwdriver?

That's frank spencer stuff.  Are you sure you just started drinking?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Square Ball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 31, 2009, 10:36:28 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on October 31, 2009, 08:46:35 PM
What could go wrong!

The drawer on the computer? Do you mean the cd drive? and you went at it with a screwdriver?

That's frank spencer stuff.  Are you sure you just started drinking?

yes it was the cd drive

yip, honestly I had only half a tin, it was only a wee screwdriver  >:( it needed a wee bit of help to open

Main Street

I was tempted to make a joke about your name but I won't kick a man when he's Down :)
Did you try to insert the screw driver into the pin sized hole ?
It's just the right size for a  stretched out paper clip, carefully manouvered to apply pressure on the mechanical lever. The drive should simply pop open.

gerry

after seeing if external hard drives can bounce (which they can't) i now need to free up space on my hard drive on my pc.  is there any ways to see that is hogging all my space

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Bud Wiser

QuoteIt's just the right size for a  stretched out paper clip, carefully manouvered to apply pressure on the mechanical lever. The drive should simply pop open.

The yoke he is trying to open is not a D drive, it is a paper cup holder.  I also use it for holding the plastic type that come with the water dispensers but I find the cut-out on some a bit large. You can resolve this by stuffing a sock down through the hole that is cut out for the cup and this helps to keep the coffee warm while you are typing. It also gives the added benefit of catching crumbs that may cause jamming of the mechanism as has probably happened in this case.  The paper clip idea is great if you are not using the computer and you can still have your cuppa and read the paper opened out on your desk by sticking in the old paper clip.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Square Ball

Quote from: Main Street on November 01, 2009, 08:35:54 AM
I was tempted to make a joke about your name but I won't kick a man when he's Down :)
Did you try to insert the screw driver into the pin sized hole ?
It's just the right size for a  stretched out paper clip, carefully manouvered to apply pressure on the mechanical lever. The drive should simply pop open.

the drawer would only open a wee bit no matter what I tried, it did open the full way once but closed immediately. it came out about half an inch and went back in after that, i did try the wee hole thing as well as I had to do that with a previous computer years ago. took the whole thing off to make sure there was room and put it all back in... shit happens just seems its my computer all the time

Bacon

How old is the computer Square Ball?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Square Ball

Quote from: Bacon on November 01, 2009, 12:31:24 PM
How old is the computer Square Ball?

3, which i suppose is old in computer terms