Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: illdecide on October 22, 2009, 09:59:05 AM
Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on October 14, 2009, 05:09:17 PM
Download and Run http://www.ccleaner.com/
It should clean out alot of them temporary internet files.

Is this safe to do and won't f**K up anysoftware as this PC is my work PC and def can't take any chances with it...don't mind the Laptop at home but it has to 100% risk free for the work PC?

What you trying to clean off your work PC? ;)
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Quote from: ziggysego on October 22, 2009, 10:02:09 AM

Is this safe to do and won't f**K up anysoftware as this PC is my work PC and def can't take any chances with it...don't mind the Laptop at home but it has to 100% risk free for the work PC?

What you trying to clean off your work PC? ;)

A bored woman with a bottle stuck up her ass. (it's not filthy as you cannot see her blurt)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gerry

Quote from: illdecide on October 22, 2009, 09:55:55 AM
Quote from: gerry on October 22, 2009, 07:41:48 AM
just incase someone looking for help on external hardrives.  i can confirm that they do not bounce if dropped onto the floor from a height of about two feet by children, this also includes media players with about 480 gig of films, TV shows and music.

BTW the hardrive was the backup to the media player

I'm assuming from your sarcastic tone that it is no longer working...thats kids for ya saan

yep, both of them fecked.  youngest kid dropped the backup hard drive on thursday which was ok as it was a backup and then on saturday night the eldest dropped the media player
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Mhic Easmuint

Yep, just removes temp files etc.
On the registry side of things it asks you to back up the registry before it cleans that.  So you can restore that if need be, but I've never had any need to after using it many times.

illdecide

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on October 22, 2009, 10:47:30 AM

Yep, just removes temp files etc.
On the registry side of things it asks you to back up the registry before it cleans that.  So you can restore that if need be, but I've never had any need to after using it many times.

cheers Mhic

muppet

Guys I want to download a muppet show (manamana) video to my laptop, which the little fella loves, before it is completely removed from the web due to copyright etc. It was on youtube but now seems to be only on dailymotion.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
MWWSI 2017

Caid

Quote from: muppet on October 26, 2009, 06:59:58 PM
Guys I want to download a muppet show (manamana) video to my laptop, which the little fella loves, before it is completely removed from the web due to copyright etc. It was on youtube but now seems to be only on dailymotion.

You could download something like Limewire or BitComet and download it using those file sharing programs
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

mylestheslasher

Quote from: muppet on October 26, 2009, 06:59:58 PM

Download utorrent (http://www.utorrent.com)

Go to www.piratebay.org

Search for your movie (of course if it is a copyright movie it would be very naughty and illegal to go any further)

You should get a list of item.

Click one to open and then select download

Download will only take a few seconds, open that file and it should open utorrent automatically.

Now hit download or whatever you are prompted to within Utorrent and wait for a few hours for it to complete.

illdecide

Lads, my PC in work has been starting up a software package (Hydraulic calculation package) as soon as i boot up in the mornings without me clicking on it. When i close it down it does not come back again until the next morning, do you know why this would be happening and how can i stop it. As far as the software package is concerned i saved the job and then closed it down properly, i have also tried canceling it out but it still opens up like clockwork as soon as the PC is booted up...WTF

thebigfella

Quote from: illdecide on October 29, 2009, 11:29:13 AM
Lads, my PC in work has been starting up a software package (Hydraulic calculation package) as soon as i boot up in the mornings without me clicking on it. When i close it down it does not come back again until the next morning, do you know why this would be happening and how can i stop it. As far as the software package is concerned i saved the job and then closed it down properly, i have also tried canceling it out but it still opens up like clockwork as soon as the PC is booted up...WTF

Is it in your startup folder?

Start>All Programs>Startup

C:\Documents and Settings\******\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

illdecide

Quote from: thebigfella on October 29, 2009, 11:34:23 AM
Quote from: illdecide on October 29, 2009, 11:29:13 AM

Is it in your startup folder?

Start>All Programs>Startup

C:\Documents and Settings\******\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Cheers Bigfella...there was one of my saved calculations in the start up WTF and i've no idea how the hell it got in there but i deleted it anyway...thanks ;)

Square Ball

Guys going to wipe the computer as its way toooo slow, def something wrong with it, the problem is that I have alot of photos on it that I want to keep, my rewriter was broken so I got another one, and guess what it aint working, it will read discs but not burn them. so to the point, if I do the restore will it only do the C drive so I can put the stuff I want to keep in the backup D drive?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Main Street

You can safely save the stuff you want onto your D drive as long as you do not wipe out the D partition when you reinstall the OS.
Have you tried turning off the anti virus software, even removing it?

Square Ball

Quote from: Main Street on October 31, 2009, 11:23:10 AM
You can safely save the stuff you want onto your D drive as long as you do not wipe out the D partition when you reinstall the OS.
Have you tried turning off the anti virus software, even removing it?
tried everything, uninstalled, reinstalled, ran scan after scan, it now takes 10 to 15 mins to boot up, and a few times I have to turn it off at the switch because it wont turn off.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Main Street

Well as i wrote, in the OS install process,  do not make any changes to the partition set up, only format the C Drive and the D drive will be untouched.