Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 12, 2009, 08:09:50 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 12, 2009, 07:56:09 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 12, 2009, 10:09:47 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 11, 2009, 08:18:20 PM
Is there much difference between windows vista home basic and the premium one?

Vista is a ball of shit and I would go out of my way to avoid it if I were you - Microsoft have even given up on it. It won't be easy but I suggest you try and buy something with XP on it and then upgrade to windows 7 when it is out a few months and is deemed to be running well.
Ordered one with it.  All I do on the computer is browse net, store photos, watch downloaded stuff - Im sure it'll be fine for me.  This one I ordered has a 4gb ram so should be good for running vista, or so Im told?
how much would it be to upgrade anyway?

Not sure but i think its around €200 or so if you do it legally.
I wont be paying that
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mhic Easmuint

Where did you buy it?
Did it not say about being able to upgrade for free?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on October 12, 2009, 08:22:18 PM
Where did you buy it?
Did it not say about being able to upgrade for free?
Ordered it from argos, nothing about being able to upgrade no

Mhic Easmuint

What was the make/model?

pintsofguinness

armaghniac

Quote4GB is plenty for Vista.

A 32 bit operating system can only use 4GB anyway, so you'd need Vista 64 if you had more RAM.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pintsofguinness

illdecide

Folks when i open up a message that someone has sent me it opens thru "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" but the problem is that if i use the arrows to flick to the next picture it will open a picture that i received on an email months ago. Recently my boss and i were looking at some site photos on my screen and i flicked to the next picture and there was the the image that i didn't want him to see and he wasn't pleased.

I right clicked on the image and went into properties and it gave me the path...i.e C/Doc & settings/tem internet files...that type of crop but i still can't find the file to delete it...i done a search and told it to search hidden files too and still it's not there so how can i delete a file thats not there but the fecker still appears thru the picture manager...

HELP!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Mhic Easmuint

Download and Run http://www.ccleaner.com/
It should clean out alot of them temporary internet files.

SidelineKick

Quote from: illdecide on October 14, 2009, 05:06:37 PM
Folks when i open up a message that someone has sent me it opens thru "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" but the problem is that if i use the arrows to flick to the next picture it will open a picture that i received on an email months ago. Recently my boss and i were looking at some site photos on my screen and i flicked to the next picture and there was the the image that i didn't want him to see and he wasn't pleased.

I right clicked on the image and went into properties and it gave me the path...i.e C/Doc & settings/tem internet files...that type of crop but i still can't find the file to delete it...i done a search and told it to search hidden files too and still it's not there so how can i delete a file thats not there but the fecker still appears thru the picture manager...

HELP!!!

x2
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Square Ball

is anyone else having troubles retrieving emails from virgin via outlook?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gerry

just incase someone looking for help on external hardrives.  i can confirm that they do not bounce if dropped onto the floor from a height of about two feet by children, this also includes media players with about 480 gig of films, TV shows and music.

BTW the hardrive was the backup to the media player
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

illdecide

Quote from: gerry on October 22, 2009, 07:41:48 AM
just incase someone looking for help on external hardrives.  i can confirm that they do not bounce if dropped onto the floor from a height of about two feet by children, this also includes media players with about 480 gig of films, TV shows and music.

BTW the hardrive was the backup to the media player

I'm assuming from your sarcastic tone that it is no longer working...thats kids for ya saan

illdecide

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on October 14, 2009, 05:09:17 PM
Download and Run http://www.ccleaner.com/
It should clean out alot of them temporary internet files.

Is this safe to do and won't f**K up anysoftware as this PC is my work PC and def can't take any chances with it...don't mind the Laptop at home but it has to 100% risk free for the work PC?