Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on September 26, 2009, 01:09:12 AM
That seems to have mended it. Have lost all bookmarks but no big deal. Running at 51k. Thanks million.

Good stuff. Hate Windows, but sometimes love that on-off button!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ardmhachaabu

ONeill, check that you have the most recent version of firefox, if you don't update and it should pull your bookmarks back for you in the upgrade
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Main Street

Firefox has only one bookmarks file at it's disposal.
If he updates his firefox appl, surely the updated firefox will only pull the bookmarks that are currently used?

I think, before doing anything, he should do a search for a Firefox bookmarks file.
If there is one then he can direct Firefox to import it.

omagh_gael

I have recently downloaded a few movies off the net, does anyone know any programmes that I could download that would enable me to convert the movies into a format that can be burned onto a blank DVD?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: Main Street on September 26, 2009, 01:54:20 PM
Firefox has only one bookmarks file at it's disposal.
If he updates his firefox appl, surely the updated firefox will only pull the bookmarks that are currently used?

I think, before doing anything, he should do a search for a Firefox bookmarks file.
If there is one then he can direct Firefox to import it.
Upgrading worked for me  :)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

illdecide

Lads I'm looking to wipe my laptop and boot it back to scratch but i don't wanna lose info that on it (family photos/music etc). So i was thinking of getting an external hardrive and transferring it across before i restore the laptop...Is there a better way and could someone possibly guide me to a cheap and reliable ex hardrive if this is the way to go??????????

Thanks
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Cheap and reliable?  Did you use that in a personal ad once.

If you don't want to take your ext hard drive around with you then get a powered 3.5" drive, Seagate or Western Digital.

If you do want to take the ext drive around with you, even on the odd occasion, get a 2.5" usb powered portable drive. WD do some neat models that come in cute colours, including pink.

illdecide

Quote from: Main Street on October 01, 2009, 07:18:11 PM
Cheap and reliable?  Did you use that in a personal ad once.

If you don't want to take your ext hard drive around with you then get a powered 3.5" drive, Seagate or Western Digital.

If you do want to take the ext drive around with you, even on the odd occasion, get a 2.5" usb powered portable drive. WD do some neat models that come in cute colours, including pink.

No Main Street i'm just looking it to transfer data too so i can format the laptop, it will not be carried around. Something cheap and simple (like myself)

Main Street

illdecide

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: illdecide on October 01, 2009, 10:58:14 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 01, 2009, 10:49:29 PM

This would be as cheap as you can get from a brand name, for an ext drive.
http://www.dabs.com/products/seagate-500gb-expansion-usb-3-5--5K35.html?refs=47120000-47610000-47210000

Thanks for your help chief...whats the difference between the 2.0 as seen in the following link....http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansions-500GB-External-Desktop/dp/B0020FVKO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254433917&sr=8-1-catcorr

And the 3.5 you showed in the other link?
They are both the same product.
The 2.0 is referring to the USB 2.0 standard connection. 
The 3.5" is the size of the hard drive.

illdecide

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on October 01, 2009, 11:26:40 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 01, 2009, 10:58:14 PM
Quote from: Main Street on October 01, 2009, 10:49:29 PM

This would be as cheap as you can get from a brand name, for an ext drive.
http://www.dabs.com/products/seagate-500gb-expansion-usb-3-5--5K35.html?refs=47120000-47610000-47210000

Thanks for your help chief...whats the difference between the 2.0 as seen in the following link....http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansions-500GB-External-Desktop/dp/B0020FVKO8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1254433917&sr=8-1-catcorr

And the 3.5 you showed in the other link?
They are both the same product.
The 2.0 is referring to the USB 2.0 standard connection. 
The 3.5" is the size of the hard drive.

Thanks lads for your help...i thought they looked the same  but wasn't to sure...i'm sure you can tell i'm not into all this PC stuff :D

pintsofguinness

ffs
My laptops keyboard and mouse pad stopped working few days ago
I uninstalled the mouse pad and everything started working again when I rebooted and mouse pad was installed again
Today the mouse pad isnt working again and there is some keys not working

Anyone any advice
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 10, 2009, 05:54:21 PM
ffs
I uninstalled the mouse pad and everything started working again when I rebooted and mouse pad was installed again

Anyone any advice

Did you install new software or add any new hardware to your laptop recently?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 10, 2009, 05:59:01 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 10, 2009, 05:54:21 PM
ffs

Anyone any advice

Did you install new software or add any new hardware to your laptop recently?
no
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?