Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ONeill

The sound came back today all of a sudden.

Also getting redirected at times to some crazy search engine or also to download a file. Only sometimes though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ardmhachaabu

Check the connections ONeill, I know it sounds like the most obvious in the world... and the software I linked to should sort your problem out as well
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Square Ball

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2009, 10:20:48 AM
The sound came back today all of a sudden.

Also getting redirected at times to some crazy search engine or also to download a file. Only sometimes though.

welcome to my world.

got the blue screen earlier on again at start up, had to reboot 3 times, its still saying that a piece of hardware or software isnt installed properly. I have even looked at a system restore, there were no points available which is strange as i have never turned it off
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ardmhachaabu

What message is the BSOD giving SB?

Square Ball

diddnt write it down, but no doubt it will occur later on and i will do it, looking like a full refresh soon >:(

ardmhachaabu

Depending on the error, it may be fixable. 

I am assuming XP, may I ask which version and what the most recent service pack you have installed is?

Square Ball

version 2002 and the service pack that is showing on system properties is service pack 3

ardmhachaabu

XP Professional or Home?

Square Ball

ardmhachaabu

ok

Do you know whether there is a i386 folder other than the ones in C:\WINDOWS\ and do you have a windows cd?

Square Ball

then i search for i386 i got a few, those not beginning with C:\windows

3 in lib and one in c:\f41e3493b1d8b0069d6273c2b is this the offending one?

theres a few in c:\programfiles\jave

I have no idea where the windows disc is, it wasnt well a proper one  ;)

ardmhachaabu

ok do you know if the recovery console is installed?

If it is you should see reference to it when you start the computer

Square Ball

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on July 13, 2009, 12:17:58 PM
ok do you know if the recovery console is installed?

If it is you should see reference to it when you start the computer

No idea, would that be a similar menu as safe mode? I dont want to re boot at the minute in case I dont get back on? do you think its a single file that I can reinstall from a disc?

ardmhachaabu

Yes it's similar - if you can get into recovery console then there are commands you can try, depending on what your BSOD is...