Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

gerrykeegan

I have changed broadband providers. Phone and tablet work really well. Laptop is a dog. I get error message resolving host. Loads of advice on how to resolve this but  none working. I have tried chrome, IE, safarI, Firefox and Opera. Is there any other browser that I can download. One of the issues  is that the problem appears when you already  had that browser  before you changed ISP
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

illdecide

Guys I got my 9 year old a laptop for Christmas and let my nephew set it up and install Microsoft Office etc but on the setup process he obviously used a password for this and he can't remember it. I tried going into hotmail(the address he used for setting it up) and typing in "forgot password" to which they sent me a temporary code so I can access the password and change it. This is what I done but the laptop still won't recognise the new password, in fact it changed my girls live account on her xbox360 to the new password but nothing for new laptop.

I'm sure u can imagine on Christmas morning with a laptop she can't use is crap...any help would be appreciated...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Orior

Try starting from scratch again would be my only suggestion
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: illdecide on December 25, 2014, 02:37:47 PM
Guys I got my 9 year old a laptop for Christmas and let my nephew set it up and install Microsoft Office etc but on the setup process he obviously used a password for this and he can't remember it. I tried going into hotmail(the address he used for setting it up) and typing in "forgot password" to which they sent me a temporary code so I can access the password and change it. This is what I done but the laptop still won't recognise the new password, in fact it changed my girls live account on her xbox360 to the new password but nothing for new laptop.

I'm sure u can imagine on Christmas morning with a laptop she can't use is crap...any help would be appreciated...
You are a disaster zone for this stuff.
Apart from that I can't help. ;D

illdecide

I gave in and restored it...lost the Microsoft Office but thats easy put on again...wish I'd have done that early this morning instead of guessing passwords all day...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

CD

Anyone else have issues with wifi and air traffic? Any time a large plane goes into Belfast City I lose wifi for 30 seconds+. Pain in the hoop! Don't even live in the flight path but can hear them!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Quote from: CD on January 10, 2015, 11:31:13 AM
Anyone else have issues with wifi and air traffic? Any time a large plane goes into Belfast City I lose wifi for 30 seconds+. Pain in the hoop! Don't even live in the flight path but can hear them!

Never heard that before. The aircraft would be well outside the range of your wifi and I can't think of anything on board that would affect your set up, unless it was an AWACS or some other military aircraft, but they don't go into Belfast City AFAIK.
MWWSI 2017

CD

Quote from: muppet on January 10, 2015, 11:35:06 AM

Never heard that before. The aircraft would be well outside the range of your wifi and I can't think of anything on board that would affect your set up, unless it was an AWACS or some other military aircraft, but they don't go into Belfast City AFAIK.

Thought that myself but every time a jumbo goes in I lose signal. Annoying when I'm listening to a match on the radio or watching I player. Sometimes impacts sky tv signal as well! Weird! Ordinarily I'd ask the neighbours but I've only been living here ten years so I don't know any of them yet.

muppet

Quote from: CD on January 10, 2015, 11:51:14 AM

Thought that myself but every time a jumbo goes in I lose signal. Annoying when I'm listening to a match on the radio or watching I player. Sometimes impacts sky tv signal as well! Weird! Ordinarily I'd ask the neighbours but I've only been living here ten years so I don't know any of them yet.

Yea, pushy newbies never go down well.  ;D

Is it a satellite receiver?
MWWSI 2017

CD

Quote from: muppet on January 10, 2015, 11:58:55 AM

Yeah satellite. Gives bother in heavy rain and wind as well. I suppose it could be the problem

muppet

Quote from: CD on January 10, 2015, 12:06:21 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 10, 2015, 11:58:55 AM

Yeah satellite. Gives bother in heavy rain and wind as well. I suppose it could be the problem

Looks like you are not alone: http://www.digitaltvbanter.co.uk/uk-tech-digital-tv-digital/1767-drop-outs-when-planes-fly.html

But it looks like an original signal rather than a wifi problem.
MWWSI 2017

extra time

My laptop keeps losing its wireless connection. It will be off for a few minutes then come back on and off.  This can carry on for some time. Other days are ok. The problem isent the hub as I have a good signal there and run a set top box off the internet, and its always fine. Its a Fujitsu lifebook laptop. Any help appreciated.

Orior

Quote from: extra time on January 25, 2015, 06:31:48 PM
My laptop keeps losing its wireless connection. It will be off for a few minutes then come back on and off.  This can carry on for some time. Other days are ok. The problem isent the hub as I have a good signal there and run a set top box off the internet, and its always fine. Its a Fujitsu lifebook laptop. Any help appreciated.

Trying using a cable, and see if there are any intermittent problems with that too.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

anyone any recommendations for sorting out dll driver and registration issues on a laptop running Windows 7 Home edition?

Tried loading a few tools meant to sort it out, but the won't install for some reason!