Computer Help

Started by Armagh CĂșchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 30, 2013, 07:27:38 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2013, 06:37:15 PM
My 9 year old daughter has it in her head that she is going to make a game that kids can play, similar to Club Penguin!! Now anyone familiar with this game its basically a kids game that they play wee games chat to others and collect things buy things and you can see what I'm talking about.

Are their websites that can help build this? She has made a story book, which incorporates everything that the game should have, right down to the membership rules and fees. so anyone who knows a bit about building something like this give me a shout

Not sure on the ins and outs but it is very difficult to create game when you have create. You can go to a website called elance - you pay a person a one off fee to create the app.

Cheers, I've went to that site and there are loads of web designers willing to do it, charging from $10 an hour upwards so now I need to break into her bank account!! would be willing to spend a few hundred quid but I believe it would be a lot more.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armaghgeddon

If you want to keep it keep i would say look for some fellas from India.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 31, 2013, 02:35:03 PM

Two lads got back to me one from India and the other from Tunisia, one said that it would be difficult enough due top the maps multi-players, customized characters

$712 dollars one quote (not sure what that will get you) the other didn't give but said it would be expensive

Are these boyos safe to use?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2013, 05:20:42 PM

Two lads got back to me one from India and the other from Tunisia, one said that it would be difficult enough due top the maps multi-players, customized characters

$712 dollars one quote (not sure what that will get you) the other didn't give but said it would be expensive

Send the child outside to play.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 31, 2013, 05:44:38 PM

Send the child outside to play.

I did she came back ffs!!

She would spend all day at a computer if you let her, so I said she needed to do something constructive, so I've given them tasks to do. Better learning form it rather than the FB instagram and other things they are on

Armaghgeddon

From what i understand, you first have to agree what they are going to create and for what price. Personally i would ask for an example of what they can do. Once everything is agreed on and the price elance generates a contract which you both accept. You don't pay them until the project is compete. Elance the hold on to the money until you are satisfied with the design. Don't hand over any money until contract is complete. They have to fulfill what you ask for and it has to be at the standard you want, your the client. If your unhappy with the finish product, tell them to alter it or you wont pay them. Just make sure you read the contract.

bennydorano

My laptop is polluted with oul shite, terrible start up search engine that i cant get shot of - incredibar, tortured with surveys. On Mozilla it's actually disabled stuff i do want to download & use. It's probably an add on to something i've downloaded, but how do i get rid? I cant see anything obvious when i go to the uninstaller.

amallon

Run MalwareBytes and remove every PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) it finds.

Manage the AddOns on FireFox and remove all that crap.
Set your homepage back to google.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

bennydorano

Cheers, big improvement.

Milltown Row2

The volume isn't working on the lap top, now I did a sound check and its working I.E sound coming from the computer but when I try and play a video it doesn't come on!! Any ideas?

amallon

On the video itself there is a volume control which could be muted.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Orior

Sometimes in Outlook I get emails with embedded pictures. Outlook does not recognise the picture as an attachment.

When I look at the source of the email it says something like  src="cid:image001.gif@01HP9E08.AEG579B0

So it seems to grab the image from somewhere at realtime. However when I forward the email, it is huge and appears to have the image embedded.

What gives?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

theticklemister

HELP!!

NEED MEMORY STICK TODAY, BUT IT SAYS IT NEEDS FORMATTED ALTHOUGHA LOT OF STUFF IS ON IT. WORKING FINE LAST NIGHT....HOW CAN I FORMAT WITHOUT WIPING STUFF?

Orior

Quote from: theticklemister on June 05, 2013, 08:00:11 AM
HELP!!

NEED MEMORY STICK TODAY, BUT IT SAYS IT NEEDS FORMATTED ALTHOUGHA LOT OF STUFF IS ON IT. WORKING FINE LAST NIGHT....HOW CAN I FORMAT WITHOUT WIPING STUFF?

There are old and new memory sticks, with different technology formats. Try another memory stick, or try your memory stick on another computer.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

attheraces

Thinking of buying a laptop and just need a bit of help. It will be used for some work like Word/Excel, a work program and research on internet so be a lot of multiple tabs/downloading articles etc.

A lot of general browsing streaming/watching movies, downloading music and maybe some football manager would be the only gaming. Just need a bit of guidance regards processor/RAM/hard drive. Is Intel better than AMD? Is it more RAM/hard drive the better?

From doing some searching I found this HP Pavilion 14-B107sa ( http://www.very.co.uk/hp-pavilion-14-b107sa-intelreg-coretrade-i5-processor-8gb-ram-1tb-hard-drive-14-inch-ultrabook---sparkling-black/1194245157.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f103340%2fs%2fprice%2c1%2fr%2f24 )

Seemed to have good specifications, plus it is an ultrabook so very portable for a reasonable price (and can pay interest free over 3 months) but I couldn't find any external reviews for this specific model. Does this seem like a decent deal, or is there better out there?

It has windows 8 and from looking at a few videos they really slate windows 8 for use without touch, so sort of worried about that as well.

Sorry for being long winded, but when I bought my last laptop I wasn't too well informed and I definitely didn't get value for money! Any guidance of any sort would be of great help! Thanks!
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.