Computer Help

Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Ulick on November 18, 2012, 12:11:25 AM
Forgot to say its a touchscreen HTML5 game. IE is by far the most responsive and fluid out of all the browsers.
"They" say that contrejour is a game Microsoft designed to showcase its iOS

'Microsoft announced today that it has participated in the porting of a hit iOS game, Contre Jour, to the web with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10. Described as the most ambitious use of HTML5 to date, Contre Jour needs to be experienced with a Windows 8 (or RT) tablet to be fully appreciated.'

http://winsupersite.com/blog/supersite-blog-39/internet-explorer2/contre-jour-10-multitouch-gaming-web-144457

Could be comparable to saying iPod works best with iTunes, therefore iTunes is the best interactive media software.

Ulick

No its not HTML5 is a non-proprietary standard iTunes, iPod etc are all Apple stuff.

Main Street

Quote from: Ulick on November 18, 2012, 10:52:45 AM
No its not HTML5 is a non-proprietary standard iTunes, iPod etc are all Apple stuff.
The iPod can be used to (almost) complete satisfaction with other software, on Media Monkey for example. In that sense it's not true to say it's "All Apple stuff".

is there no validity in that press release by Microsoft?
"that it has participated in the porting of a hit iOS game, Contre Jour, to the web with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10. Described as the most ambitious use of HTML5 to date, Contre Jour needs to be experienced with a Windows 8 (or RT) tablet to be fully appreciated."

Ulick

Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2012, 12:34:50 PM
The iPod can be used to (almost) complete satisfaction with other software, on Media Monkey for example. In that sense it's not true to say it's "All Apple stuff".

"that it has participated in the porting of a hit iOS game, Contre Jour, to the web with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10. Described as the most ambitious use of HTML5 to date, Contre Jour needs to be experienced with a Windows 8 (or RT) tablet to be fully appreciated."

Still proprietary software. Microsoft doesn't own HTML5, just that they built a bowser which makes full use of it's current capabilities and they are using that game to show it. I've been porting quite a bit of stuff over to HTML5 this past year or so and out of the three I mentioned IE, is the one that gives me least problems.

Main Street

Quote from: Ulick on November 18, 2012, 02:30:12 PM
Quote from: Main Street on November 18, 2012, 12:34:50 PM

Still proprietary software. Microsoft doesn't own HTML5, just that they built a bowser which makes full use of it's current capabilities and they are using that game to show it. I've been porting quite a bit of stuff over to HTML5 this past year or so and out of the three I mentioned IE, is the one that gives me least problems.

Fair enough, your experience is more than valid enough reason.

I wouldn't make a claim that iTunes is the best media player because of its superior compatibility with the iPod, likewise I wouldn't claim that IE10 is superior at html5 because of its superior ability to run Contre Jour on a touchpad  ;)

BenDover

Anyone know what do i need to look up to see if i can increase the amount of RAM in my laptop?

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: BenDover on November 18, 2012, 04:02:47 PM
Anyone know what do i need to look up to see if i can increase the amount of RAM in my laptop?

You need to get rid of processes that are running on your computer. If it is new and you don't think you have enough RAM you will need to get extra ram installed.

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing/pc/how-to-free-up-ram-899817

BenDover

its not new can i check anywhere online to see the max amount of ram that can ben installed for this model?

tyroneman

Realistically what GB IPad do you need - is the basic 16 too small?

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: BenDover on November 18, 2012, 04:28:48 PM
its not new can i check anywhere online to see the max amount of ram that can ben installed for this model?

www.crucial.com

take_yer_points

I'm having a bit of a laptop problem - it's a 16 month old HP 625. It's a good wee laptop but there's a few things giving me bother at the minute:

1) A few keys of stopped working (escape, control in the bottom left of the keyboard, tab and some audio/video control buttons)

2) The speakers have kind of packed in. If I plug in earphones the sound works through them. Also, the sound still works for Skype. And to add some more confusion... If I play something using media player, for example, the speakers don't work. However, if I initiate the Skype audio test then I hear the Skype test coming through the speakers as well as the audio playing on media player. Very strange.

These problems both started happening around the same time. I've tried everything I could with it (having checked round google) but couldn't fix it. I tried updating various drivers but still couldn't fix it. In the end I reinstalled Windows 7 but the problems are all still there. Has anyone ever had anything like that before?

Could there be a lose connection causing the keyboard issue? I've read around and it seems the keys are wired up in blocks and that can happen sometimes.

For the speakers, does it sound like they've packed in? I can't see how it's anything other than a hardware issue following a completely fresh install of the OS. Or could there be an internal connection problem there too?

DickyRock

Quote from: tyroneman on November 18, 2012, 04:34:42 PM
Realistically what GB IPad do you need - is the basic 16 too small?

16GB definitely too small. I've one and it annoys me that I didn't spend the extra money

No Soloing

Does anyone know of any decent laptop deals? I am looking at getting a new one for Christmas. It would be just for everyday stuff - the internet, music, photos - so I am thinking around the £300 mark

Eamonnca1